View Single Post
SkaP
Old 02-16-2010 , 02:41   Re: Stripper:Source (1.2.1, L4D2 + Perf Improvements)
Reply With Quote #508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraka View Post
... AWEsOME. Thx man! Need more of this. Every map should have this type of thing all over. I would love to have this built into every map.

Questions though:
1) When you play with the VMF, do you use stripper dump to get these entities back out? Whenever I tried to use HAMMER to read info, it has the normal names, not in stripper format. So how do you easily convert this to that?

2) With the easy medium hard, is it possible to let the director choose? Valve says it's supposed to make it harder on the team that is doing better. I've yet to see it in versus though.

Edit:
I tried the config as is (so OnMapSpawn) and the first team ended up with the HARD config and the 2nd team had easy.
Working on it. Gonna finish the Parish first. I got some ideas for the sewer part and I am looking at the graveyard to see what's possible. Now that I know how to get the dynamic pathing I can make two of each part.

1. When reading the VMFs you double click the entity and it will give you properties. Match up the entites with the dump for stripper to find that entity. You can not remove static props but everything else goes. If you can't find it that way check the postion of the item you choose at the bottom to find it's origin and match it up with the stripper dump.

2. There is no dynamic pathing in versus it's been taken out completely. The logic entities activate one way and thats it but adding new ones can cause it to activate like what Atomic did.