View Single Post
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 01-29-2010 , 03:29   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B61
Reply With Quote #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaRyan View Post
Would it be possible to add a cvar to not log stats for players that have over x amount of Unicode characters in their name?

Due to the usual ugly all Unicode names that players use.
They end up looking a right mess in the stats.
For e.g This player
I don't like the idea. What would you have me to do - Remove the rest of the unicode characters? Because changing them to a-zA-Z is impossible. In overall this would make things too tricky, imho. Explain to me better what would you have me do and I'll consider it, OK?

Quote:
It's the players that use all Unicode just to make some stupid "graphical" looking name, that I dislike.
Exactly. I don't like them either, but there's nothing we can do about it.

Quote:
Just noticed in the MySQL admin page that it is set to:
MySQL charset: UTF-8 Unicode ( utf8 )
MySQL connection collation: utf-8_unicode_ci

The MySQL connection collation one can be changed, is there a correct Unicode one to set that too?

oops just noticed that the Name was set to utf-8_general_ci.
Is that correct?

Also does the $dbtimemod = not accept -1 as a valid number?
As the times shown on my stats page are 1 hour ahead of "real time".
I have no idea what is off (time wise), be it Game server, Database, or Website.
I have a feeling that your webserver is configured differently than mine, since my website shows the unicode correctly. I'll probably need to add the encoding to the web pages... not sure if it's there already?

You should be able to set negative values to the $dbtimemod. It effects the Last Online time hour value. And before you ask, NO, it does not sum these values so that time can be negative (if a players last online time is Jan 21, 2010 01am.)

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.