View Single Post
Luke Penny
Old 01-23-2010 , 22:28   Re: [L4D1/2] Varying Zombie Population
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaP View Post
I just tried it and I couldn't connect to my server it's lagging it big time. I got stuck in loading every time I tried to connect. No idea what went wrong there is no error log. Here are the plugins I ran while trying to get it to work. This does sound like an awesome idea and it's the best way to make common tougher. No need to make them do more damage they just need to be faster and tougher sometimes.
Any plugin that sets z_health or z_speed will conflict with it, but I don't think you listed any that do. Most likely your server tickrate can not handle the timer that is in the plugin, but I don't know, any plugin could be conflicting, I don't have time to test them all.

I have attached a modified version with a less frequent timer. Unfortunently I don't think there is a way for me to code this to happen every time a zombie spawns, so this may help. The thing is finding a balance between a frequent timer and the server, with this modified version you may have small rooms of zombies all have the same attributes, but generally it should work.

This may just be a Left 4 Dead 2 problem, I noticed a minor drop in server speed, but very minor. If it a L4D2 specific problem I will work on a L4D2 version.

Edit: You may also want to try not having it loaded until after you connect, if you are having a problem with connecting, however I doubt that the plugin could cause connection problems.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (VaryingZombiePopulationLowEnd.sp - 2110 views - 3.1 KB)

Last edited by Luke Penny; 01-23-2010 at 22:33.