AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   General (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   amx_ban help?? (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=64043)

Yerallo 12-06-2007 17:52

amx_ban help??

Whenever I do amx_ban <steamid> 0 the people will get unbanned on server restart.

How do I make bans permanently even on server restart because I have a lot of hackers that come to my server.

Roach 12-06-2007 21:14

Re: amx_ban help??

I would make sure that they are being written to your banned users file on your server. I don't think that one is supposed to be marked as read only, so double check the permissions on it and make sure you can read and write to it.

Also, you can just do amx_ban <target> 0 and it will ban their steamid, not their name.

Yerallo 12-06-2007 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roach (Post 560645)
I would make sure that they are being written to your banned users file on your server. I don't think that one is supposed to be marked as read only, so double check the permissions on it and make sure you can read and write to it.

Also, you can just do amx_ban <target> 0 and it will ban their steamid, not their name.

amx_ban <target> 0 I see what ur saying but that's what i'm doing already. However when server restarts the file banned.cfg clears why?

I set banned.cfg to read and write ect..

Roach 12-11-2007 14:35

Best thing to do would be to do nightly backups of your ban file if it keeps getting cleared.

I have never heard of this issue though. Are you sure someone isn't clearing the bans?

Yerallo 12-12-2007 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roach (Post 562258)
Best thing to do would be to do nightly backups of your ban file if it keeps getting cleared.

I have never heard of this issue though. Are you sure someone isn't clearing the bans?

yes i'm sure that no one clears the banlist. The banlist (banned.cfg) is cleared everytime on server restart. I set the permission to 777 and it's still clearing.

gevo 12-12-2007 23:13

u wana perm ban just do this
amx_ban <steam id or name> <reason or no reason>
no need for the 0
and dude if hackers come to ur server just enable VAC

Roach 12-12-2007 23:16

Thats not his problem gevo...

His banlist is getting cleared when the server restarts, which isn't supposed to happen. The banlist is supposed to stick around.

This one is puzzling me Yerallo, im looking into it. There has gotta be something that is being overlooked.

gevo 12-12-2007 23:37

k then
reinstall ur amxmodx 1.8 or if u have 1.7x change it with amxmodx 1.8(Recommended)
dont wana loose ur files back them up then add them back to their spots(kinda Recommened)

or just update ur amxmodx version(Warning:You might still have the same problems) (Not Recommended)

other then that im sry i cant help cus i understand absolutly nothing in coding sry if i coulnt help