AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [L4D/L4D2] Death Check Revamp (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=344967)

cravenge 12-25-2023 10:38

[L4D/L4D2] Death Check Revamp

3 Attachment(s)
About:
Alters the behavior of the death check with just a single console variable (or ConVar for short). Quite useful for servers with plug-ins that allow the ability for incapacitated survivors to help themselves up.

A better replacement for both No Death Check Until Dead and Death Check Final plug-ins.

Proof of Concept:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...395b46c7f835f&
(Taken with sb_all_bot_game and allow_all_bot_survivor_team set to 1)

ConVar(s):
  • death_check_revamp_version
    → Version of the plug-in
  • director_no_incap_death_check (0/1) | Default: 0
    → Should the mission not be counted as a lost after all survivors get incapped?

Bug(s):
None for now, hopefully still that way in the future.

Requirement(s):
✧ SourceMod 1.11+
✧ Source Scramble (My own fork)
Main | Mirror #1 (New) | Mirror #2 (Old)

Installation:
💡 Get the precompiled .smx and put it in the plugins folder or click Get Source if you want to compile it on your end
💡 (Optional) Download the .txt file and put it in the gamedata folder

🎮 Xiraiju Akara - For testing

FAQ(s):
  1. Why is it not working?
    Please specify in detail. Simply saying so won't get you any answer.
  2. I see a bunch of cravengelib, left4stuff and gamefixes in the source. What are these?
    These are private for now. Approximate release time of them is unknown.

Changelog:
Code:

1.0.1.0 (12/30/23)
* Rearranged the game data file a bit in accordance with the forked extension's update

1.0.0.0 (12/25/23)
* First release

Lider99 12-26-2023 04:36

Re: [L4D/L4D2] Death Check Revamp

I'll test it today:bacon!:

cravenge 12-30-2023 21:55

Updated!
Code:

* Rearranged the game data file a bit in accordance with the forked extension's update

Lider99 01-07-2024 09:00

maybe I'm doing something wrong:
death_check_revamp.smx (Death Check Revamp): Required extension "Source Scramble" file("srcscramble.ext") not running

cravenge 01-07-2024 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lider99 (Post 2815729)
maybe I'm doing something wrong:
death_check_revamp.smx (Death Check Revamp): Required extension "Source Scramble" file("srcscramble.ext") not running

Quote:

Originally Posted by cravenge (Post 2814912)
Requirement(s):
✧ SourceMod 1.11+
✧ Source Scramble (My own fork)

Before one asks, yes it is compatible with the original version of the extension but a few edits here and there are required since there are a lot of differences between that and my fork.

Lider99 01-09-2024 11:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by cravenge (Post 2815751)
Before one asks, yes it is compatible with the original version of the extension but a few edits here and there are required since there are a lot of differences between that and my fork.

If I still don’t understand how to install the Source Scramble extensions, is there any step-by-step instructions?

cravenge 01-10-2024 05:38

For anyone who doesn't want to go through the process of making a GitHub account just to download the forked extension, I just posted "mirror" links in the requirement(s) section for direct access.

Edit: Attached the precompiled plug-in file because silly me thought Source Scramble was a part of the whole SourceMod package.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lider99 (Post 2815831)
If I still don’t understand how to install the Source Scramble extensions, is there any step-by-step instructions?

It's just simple unzip then drag and drop to the game's base folder (e.g. left4dead and left4dead2). You might have to remove the x64 folder since both games only run on 32-bit.

Lider99 01-13-2024 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by cravenge (Post 2815873)
For anyone who doesn't want to go through the process of making a GitHub account just to download the forked extension, I just posted "mirror" links in the requirement(s) section for direct access.

Edit: Attached the precompiled plug-in file because silly me thought Source Scramble was a part of the whole SourceMod package.

It's just simple unzip then drag and drop to the game's base folder (e.g. left4dead and left4dead2). You might have to remove the x64 folder since both games only run on 32-bit.

Now this is the error
Quote:

Unable to load extension "srcscramble.ext": /lib/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.27' not found (required by /game/left4dead/addons/sourcemod/extensions/srcscramble.ext.so)

cravenge 01-14-2024 00:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lider99 (Post 2815995)
Now this is the error

I guess you're running an older Linux distribution. Let me guess, Ubuntu 18.04? I'm not that savvy with other OS yet so your best bet is either upgrade or wait till someone with knowledge on Linux recompiles the extension.

king kong 01-30-2024 17:12

If you use this extension, it cannot be used with nosoop Source Scramble, causing other plugins that require Source Scramble to fail to run.