AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Trash (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Posting Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=217)

BAILOPAN 03-13-2004 00:37

Posting Plugins

To post a plugin, follow these directions:
  • Click the "Post Plugin" button in the "Plugins" forum.
  • Choose the mod and category of your plugin.
  • Write a description about it (Do not put "Plugin:" in title!)
  • Add SMA or ZIP files for people to download.
  • Wait for a moderator to approve the plugin.
  • To read more about the moderation system, view the sticky in the Plugins forum.
  • For completeness, you may want to read the terms of the GPL and How to apply them to your plugin
Rules
  • Do not post plugins that already exist or have been written already.
  • Make the source code available.
  • Do not post destructive or offensive plugins.
  • Only post plugins you have written.
  • Do not put "Plugin:" in the title. That is added upon approval.
  • Don't use amxmod.inc - use amxmodx.inc instead
  • Don't use constant pathes - use get_basedir (...) instead

Note: The AMX Mod X Team expects source to be available for all plugins, under the GNU General Public License. This is because AMX Mod X uses GPL AMX Mod code, which must be under the GPL because it links to Metamod code. The HLSDK EULA mandates that nothing linked to the SDK can be used for commercial purposes, and Small plugins are not linked. If you would like to make your plugin exempted from the GPL rule, please contact us.

[RED-Designs] 03-13-2004 00:42

Well, finally the be lated answer about plugins being open source or closed it ending. :D

Also, what about having the posting of the .sma or .zip be optional but have the source code in the small tags be manditory?

Mainly that who wants to open a .sma or .zip to see what something is and find out it wont work for them? They rather see it there and right away.

BAILOPAN 03-13-2004 00:47

No reason to paste code unless you want to. The compiler won't be looking for it because it creates annoying problems.

Seeing the code and finding it won't work is silly, people should be going by the comments, ratings, or person's karma to see if it's a good download.

How would looking at the code help you see that?

[RED-Designs] 03-13-2004 00:57

Incompatiblities, missing key features, and so on that MAY not be listed by such user, but in any cause it would be an easier transition for those amxmod.net lovers. :P

QwertyAccess 03-17-2004 20:58

i think there might be a few bugs as soon as plugins get posted.
But will there be a redundant forum for plugins that got knocked down?
sometimes a plugin is unpopular for a week and then it catches on.

MagicShot 03-22-2004 21:12

hmm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAILOPAN
It will work, but it will not appear in the master database of plugins until the author uses the amxmodx headers.

What does that mean Bail?

P.S. Thought this should be in the fourn since the question is plugin related... :roll:

BAILOPAN 03-22-2004 21:21

It means that the plugin will work if you use amxmod.inc instead of amxmodx.inc

But we are trying to phase out the use of amxmod.inc so we won't approve plugins that use it.

MagicShot 03-22-2004 21:53

Is this affecting?

Is this affecting my plugin from getting approved?

BAILOPAN 03-22-2004 21:56

if you've been paying attention, sniperbeamer unapproved all plugins that aren't complying ;]

MagicShot 03-22-2004 21:58

Yeah..

Yeah I was seen a trend in the plugin fourm with that..

Is only Sniperbeamer approving plugins now because mine always used the amxmodx because its for amxmodx, I made the updated he requested.. :wink: