AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [TF2] Fake Golden Wrenches! Troll the World~ (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=134787)

Mecha the Slag 08-08-2010 14:31

[TF2] Fake Golden Wrenches! Troll the World~

1 Attachment(s)
Generates a "Person has found Golden Wrench #x" message. It even keeps track of which wrenches have been "found" so you don't accidentally get two Golden Wrenches with the same number.

Cvars
sm_goldenwrench <#userid|name> - Shows the specific client has found a Golden Wrench

So how does it look?
From the TF2 Wiki:
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/image...irstwrench.png

Chris-_- 08-08-2010 14:37

Re: [TF2] Fake Golden Wrenches! Troll the World~

Do a destroy command as well :3

ultrafunix 08-08-2010 15:45

i dont think that would fool many people, but if you were to make it say destroy, people might believe it if i made it say that the owner of wrench 5 deleted wrench 5

Mecha the Slag 08-08-2010 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultrafunix (Post 1265784)
i dont think that would fool many people, but if you were to make it say destroy, people might believe it if i made it say that the owner of wrench 5 deleted wrench 5

you'd be surprised!

Benjamuffin 08-09-2010 18:38

Mecha... I love your mind... I was on your TF2Ware server, and commended the creation of your powerplay plugin, and here you are posting something ELSE Iʻve wanted!

*claps*

James54 08-10-2010 06:06

Sry to say, but look's like pligin doesn't work. There is only "success!", and no "%s has found Golden Wrench #x" message.

Benjamuffin 08-10-2010 06:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by James54 (Post 1267092)
Sry to say, but look's like pligin doesn't work. There is only "success!", and no "%s has found Golden Wrench #x" message.

Before anyone gets the wrong idea from this post, the plugin works perfectly fine on my server.

So yes it does work. :)

Edit:
to futher support Chris-_-ʻs suggestion, I think a destroy command would be nice. Perhaps something that would mimic the number of the found command, providing it is done RIGHT after the found command. If done randomly, it could follow the same number system set for the found command.

Also, I didnʻt take notice, but beyond the screen message and sound, does this print a message in the chat too like the real finds do?

Other than that, awesome plugin. Had so much fun messing with some of my regulars last night. Though I felt a little guilty when some people started crafting items. :D

satanchia 08-10-2010 21:43

I'm not sure if it's my 16:10 aspect ratio (1440x900) but the golden wrench icon on the message looks squashed horizontally. The original in game message looked normal when they were really being handed out.

jouva 08-11-2010 17:33

You should also make a command that does the destroy command and also one that has freeform number input. Some people might wanna "find" or "destroy" wrench #1337, #666, #3.1415926535897 etc. just to have fun.

GoldRenamon 08-11-2010 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by satanchia (Post 1267765)
I'm not sure if it's my 16:10 aspect ratio (1440x900) but the golden wrench icon on the message looks squashed horizontally. The original in game message looked normal when they were really being handed out.

Yeah this is the same problem with the plugin I wrote, the wrench icon is being squished because it uses a different size then the info entity uses. :/