AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugin/Gameplay Ideas and Requests (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   [L4D][REQ]No Collide Pulled Survivors (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=104647)

Zverina 09-25-2009 23:20

[L4D][REQ]No Collide Pulled Survivors

Quick request by one of my physcopathic friends as been bugging me about for the last week but, if someone could make survivors uncollidable while they are getting pulled. It can be a pain in the ass when you get in position for a perfect pull and a group of zombies end up getting in the way, and stopping the survivors right there. Can someone make survivors uncollidable?

olj 09-26-2009 03:06

Re: [L4D][REQ]No Collide Pulled Survivors

I think we can find this in properties, something like m_iCollideable. Need to browse netprops dump.

LTR.2 09-26-2009 14:43

O.o
Zverina you always read my freakin mind, i was going to make a thread like that.
but also going to say: make the tongue stronguer so survivors can't melee and free the pulled survivor right away. that should solve some problems, that was supossed to be fixed but looks like valve lied about it or forgot to support it =P

also make the smoker attack more damage, but i can fix that with cvars.

Zverina 09-26-2009 17:09

well actually LTR.2 for me it takes about 3-4 melees usually every now and then 2 to actually free the survivors never 1 xD but the reason i requested this was for the plugin "Smoke IT" where you could move while pulling survivors, its a pain in the ass when zombies block ur perfect plan

LTR.2 09-26-2009 17:25

O_o everytime i play, it takes only 1 WTF?

don't care the tongue health should be increased anyway =P

olj 09-28-2009 05:01

Umm, i forgot to browse properties. Was busy. I think i will look today. Tongue health is set up via cvar also.

LTR.2 09-28-2009 15:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by olj (Post 945593)
Umm, i forgot to browse properties. Was busy. I think i will look today. Tongue health is set up via cvar also.

cvars?

Frus 09-28-2009 15:24

tongue_health - default 100

and I believe this cvar is how much damage the smoker takes before his tongue breaks. I think it is the cause of why sometimes it looks like the survivor shot his own tongue off, because it would be fairly easy to deal 50 damage to a smoker, especially with tier 2.

tongue_break_from_damage_amount -default 50

LTR.2 09-28-2009 15:26

thanks frus =D

Frus 09-28-2009 15:29

I should note that those cvars don't affect meleeing at all, melee just frees the victim instantly. @Zverina: Valve had an update before that changed it so you need to wait 2-3 seconds before melees register on smoked survivors. Pretty much you need to wait until they get into the dragging or choking animation where they have no control.