AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugin/Gameplay Ideas and Requests (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Solved [L4D2] Charger Idle Bug Fix Request! (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=316595)

SEGA EMPRESS ERIS 05-30-2019 18:09

[L4D2] Charger Idle Bug Fix Request!

If you are being smashed into the ground by a charger, just go idle between every smash and you will not take any damage even if you are also standing in spit/fire/anything else. As long as you go idle between every smash, you are basically invincible forever or until the charger gets killed. Seen this happen in Co-Op Campaign play.

Lux 05-31-2019 11:37

Re: [L4D2] Charger Idle Bug Fix Request!

1 Attachment(s)
This is just a copy and paste of code that I just slapped together looking at some of my plugins maybe it works I'm not really going to test this.

SEGA EMPRESS ERIS 06-02-2019 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lux (Post 2653839)
This is just a copy and paste of code that I just slapped together looking at some of my plugins maybe it works I'm not really going to test this.

It worked for me and a friend! Basically you can't spam idle anymore while charged and if you do happen to get an Away From Keyboard (AFK) in there while charged you can't spam it to remove damage dealt by the Charger. You should make this a full plugin that players can download since it works!

Thank you! :)

Marttt 06-03-2019 17:35

Didn't test but if it works...I agree you should post a version in the "Plugins" thread.
I already got this kind of bug on versus either, the victim could be "immortal incap" if it goes AFK and join back fast. (in this case I detected this issue using !away / !idle plugins)

Lux 06-03-2019 19:23

I'm not going to post it in plugins section as i'm not really looking to support this, it may want other stuff added to it i'm not sure, you are free to post it as you wish in the plugins section.

Understarifal 08-17-2019 02:57

Does someone also can add block idle in this plugins?

1.Survivor throw the molotov to burn witch and unalerted tank .
2.Boomer vomited to survivor.

Sorry, my English is not very well.

dustinandband 08-21-2019 04:20

Use khan's version, which also blocks some additional exploits done by idl'ing.

The other stuff is self explanatory, but preventing idle while reloading prevents the grenade launcher glitch (where survivors can insta incap someone by going idle immediately after firing a grenade).

Spoiler

BloodyBlade 01-12-2020 14:13

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dustinandband (Post 2664061)

The other stuff is self explanatory, but preventing idle while reloading prevents the grenade launcher glitch (where survivors can insta incap someone by going idle immediately after firing a grenade).

Spoiler

* Converted plugin source to the latest syntax. Requires SourceMod 1.8 or newer.

KoMiKoZa 01-15-2020 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by dustinandband (Post 2664061)

Spoiler

This doesn't cover going idle after throwing a molly at a witch (so she loses the attacker-target and burns to death), right?

Alex101192 06-26-2020 08:42

I just disable idle completely. There is too much ways players can take advantage of it to cheat. Just remove manual idle and only keep automatic one.