AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [TF2] Give Bots Weapons (04.01.2023) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=287668)

luki1412 09-11-2016 15:59

[TF2] Give Bots Weapons (04.01.2023)

1 Attachment(s)
http://i.imgur.com/u2Sq3pg.png

Description:
This plugins gives bots weapons. Without TF2Items and other plugins. It's supposed to replace Bot weapon randomizer - https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=165590.

There is a couple of important differences:
- There is no config file for weapons. Mainly, because I didnt want to give bots items that are rare or worth anything. This plugin gives bots weapons, that can be acquired through random drop, unlocks or crafting. Unique quality only.
- Way less taxing on the server, than the original version. No problem running this on a 300fps server with 30 bots.
- No configuration is needed. Upload two files, restart the server and youre good to go.
- Doesnt give bots weapons that they dont know how to use.
- Can run alongside Give Bots Cosmetics

Cvars:
PHP Code:

sm_gbw_version      // version cvar - do not edit
sm_gbw_enabled 1  // enable/disable this plugin
sm_gbw_delay 0.1   // delay for giving weapons to bots
sm_gbw_team 1      // team to give weapons to: 1-both, 2-red, 3-blu
sm_gbw_mvm 0      // enable/disable functionality when mvm mode is enabled 

Installation:
Autogenerates a .cfg file in cfg\sourcemod when you load it for the first time. Don't forget to keep your gamedata updated.

Changelog:

Github - link

Gamedata - download here

nosoop 09-11-2016 22:32

Re: [TF2] Give Bots Weapons (11.09.2016)

Out of curiosity, why not apply the weapons a frame after the OnInventoryApplication event (with RequestFrame)?

Also note that this plugin does not support wearable weapons (e.g. Demoman boots / shields, Sniper shields, Gunboats). Regardless of whether or not they're your thing, bots technically know how to use them, or at least they do support shields.

Other than that, it looks fine.

Happy DODs player 09-12-2016 01:48

Gone try it for sure

--------------------

Seems to work good.,

Can you give them a hat also maybe? ( Or is then the easynes gone for what this plugin now is )

luki1412 09-12-2016 06:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosoop (Post 2453222)
Out of curiosity, why not apply the weapons a frame after the OnInventoryApplication event (with RequestFrame)?

Also note that this plugin does not support wearable weapons (e.g. Demoman boots / shields, Sniper shields, Gunboats). Regardless of whether or not they're your thing, bots technically know how to use them, or at least they do support shields.

Other than that, it looks fine.

Why would I want to use RequestFrame? I use timers and a bool to block the function for giving weapons from being called too much, because of bots standing next to a resupply locker for too long(or walking into wall on dustbowl next to the locker). The game drops bots non-stock weapons when they touch a locker so this would lead to a lot of dropped weapons.

I know it doesnt give wearables and I know how to give bots wearables. I have decided not to include wearables because they dont know how to use them (might release a plugin that gives bots a couple of cheap hats though).

shields - bots just charge every time they can. its not working well.
boots - for soldier - not using them at all, obviously
- for demo - only when medieval mode is on
buff banners - not used at all. they are trying to use it as a shotgun
snipers wearables - passive, so they could be used but bots are designed to use smgs when enemies come too close for snipers rifles, so they try to shoot them with smgs even when they dont have one. That makes them look a bunch of idiots, because they try to use melee weapons instead.
parachute - not used at all, obviously

Food items and throwable weapons are used the same way as sniper wearables.

So no, I dont think they are working. It just puts them at a disadvantage, making them an easy target.

Cthen 09-14-2016 07:04

So far so stable on my server. :up:

I run a practice server with 18 bots and they using the weapons with no issues. I didn't allow them to use wearables before but would allow them to use misc items though. Having that option in the future would be nice but really not gonna complain here. It works great and runs smooth. :wink:

luki1412 09-14-2016 07:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cthen (Post 2453839)
So far so stable on my server. :up:

I run a practice server with 18 bots and they using the weapons with no issues. I didn't allow them to use wearables before but would allow them to use misc items though. Having that option in the future would be nice but really not gonna complain here. It works great and runs smooth. :wink:

I have been using this plugin for months, so there shouldnt be any problems. By misc items do you mean hats?

Happy DODs player 09-14-2016 08:20

Runs here also great love the simplnes. And as stated a few cheap hats on therer hats would be great.

Cthen 09-14-2016 08:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by luki1412 (Post 2453848)
I have been using this plugin for months, so there shouldnt be any problems. By misc items do you mean hats?

That would be things that can only go into the misc slot. Items like glasses, items that go on the belt, coats, etc. :wink:

luki1412 09-14-2016 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy DODs player (Post 2453853)
Runs here also great love the simplnes. And as stated a few cheap hats on therer hats would be great.

Yes, I have a separate plugin for hats made already. Currently only gives Gibus to bots, but I can add more cosmetics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cthen (Post 2453864)
That would be things that can only go into the misc slot. Items like glasses, items that go on the belt, coats, etc. :wink:

There are no misc slots anymore. There are 3 cosmetic slots and 1 action slot. I wanna release the second plugin that gives bots a couple of cosmetics. Just need to add more hats.

zyox123cc 09-14-2016 22:49

Maybe we can make BOT make spycrab?