AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   General (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   AMXX 1.8.3 Changelog? (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=294214)

devilicioux 02-22-2017 11:54

AMXX 1.8.3 Changelog?

Can we for the love of god have a Enhancement/fix ChangeLog for 1.8.3 pinned on top for ease of knowledge ? PLEASE ? PLEAAASEEEEEEE ? PLEEEEEEEAAAASSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEE?

P. S: C'mon its 14 pages of Github commits and pulls.. God Bless Us ! :grrr:

#FeelsGoodToBeBackHere :twisted:

Depresie 02-22-2017 18:11

Re: AMXX 1.8.3 Changelog?

Well, i thought about it too, but considering how many changes were made, it would be quite difficult now to list them here...

Long story short, many bugs were fixed, new constants and missing constants added, new natives/forwards, and a lot more

Also i like the direction the project is heading and the people involved in it right now and their ideas..

devilicioux 02-23-2017 03:35

Undoubtedly that's just impressive how people are contributing to make AMX better :twisted: But its being updated since 2014 (if i am not wrong) ..Why not start listing the improvements/enhancements here , it will just help coders migrate their plugins to 1.8.3 faster and better.

I understand officially its not stable, but it isn't unstable either and most of the coders would love to make their new plugins on 1.8.3 rather than 1.8.2 and later enhance it to 1.8.3.
But going through commits on Github will be pain in the a** :grrr:

Arkshine 02-23-2017 05:24

I actually did a changelog by checking all PR and commits (really draft state, most of the stuff are there, needs to be organized/checked/categorized, etc.). Probably not a good idea to post it as it is already. Maybe once enough cleaned up, I could post it on the wiki and marked it as a work in progress. But there is usually no documentation associated with the new stuff yet. We definitively need more people testing, though. Well considering the AMXX state, development is kind of slow and there are not many people helping, this will be likely useful to have some preview and concrete information about the next version. Will try to update the wiki as soon as possible. (if you can't wait you can ask me by pm a link to the draft).

klippy 02-23-2017 07:30

What would be useful is if you guys that check GitHub actually comment on stuff. If you don't understand code and can't propose changes to it, it's fine, just comment on features you would like to see, API design etc. It would help a lot if we had more people's opinions on our hands.

Depresie 02-23-2017 16:30

I thought about it, Klippy, but i didn't want to bother..

Anyway i made enough fuss about my ideas around here, so you guys mostly know what my suggestions are, besides i've seen Arks implementing stuff i forgot to mention, i am pretty confident most of the stuff we are thinking about are on their way

I will create an account and come up with opinions when i get back home next week.. anyway, i think you guys are doing a really nice work.. i'm checking the github page every couple days

About testing, i'm pretty busy these weeks, but when i get back i'll mess a little with the entities, i've seen couple issues regarding them which are also present on 1.8.2

PRoSToTeM@ 02-23-2017 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by KliPPy (Post 2497740)
What would be useful is if you guys that check GitHub actually comment on stuff. If you don't understand code and can't propose changes to it, it's fine, just comment on features you would like to see, API design etc. It would help a lot if we had more people's opinions on our hands.

IMHO there are some problems that bugtracker is not located on github (I mean issues). Github issues are more comfortable for discussing than the alliedmods bugtracker (maybe it is just problem for me). But I think amxmodx issues can't migrate to github now, because of compatibility with old bugtracker.

meTaLiCroSS 02-23-2017 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkshine (Post 2497710)
I actually did a changelog by checking all PR and commits (really draft state, most of the stuff are there, needs to be organized/checked/categorized, etc.). Probably not a good idea to post it as it is already. Maybe once enough cleaned up, I could post it on the wiki and marked it as a work in progress. But there is usually no documentation associated with the new stuff yet. We definitively need more people testing, though. Well considering the AMXX state, development is kind of slow and there are not many people helping, this will be likely useful to have some preview and concrete information about the next version. Will try to update the wiki as soon as possible. (if you can't wait you can ask me by pm a link to the draft).

New stuff can be easily explained in a tutorial, but first provide a changelog so you can derivate people to do that.