AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   SQL Feedback (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=66760)

bl4nk 02-08-2008 06:25

SQL Feedback

4 Attachment(s)
SQL Feedback
Take client feedback on the server/current map and store it in a SQL database.

Commands:
feedback <text> - Logs feedback info into the SQL database.

Installation:
  • Download sqlfeedback.smx file to your ~/addons/sourcemod/plugins folder.
  • Make sure you have an active SQL server running, and have configured the "default" connection properly.
Notes:
  • A client can only use the 'feedback' command once per 5 seconds (to avoid spamming).
  • The command must be issued via console.
  • When a client sends feedback to the server, their name, steamid, the current map (if applicable), the time, and their feedback are all stored on the appropriate table.
  • There is one MySQL table that records the client's feedback, their steamid, the current map, the date, the game's folder name, and the server ip/port that they're connected to.
Changelog:
    • Initial Release
    • Quotes in client's names and in feedback are now properly handled.
    • If the query fails, the plugin will no longer try to close that query's handle.
    • Changed the command's usage to just "feedback <text>" instead of having to specify "server" or "map" as the first param.
    • Removed usage of the 'feedback_server' table.
    • Renamed the 'feedback_map' table to just 'feedback'.
    • The table is automatically created by the plugin now (if it doesn't already exist).
    • Fixed a bug where users couldn't send feedback on the next map if they sent feedback within 5 seconds of a map change.
    • Removed unnecessary coding and optimized the plugin a bit.
    • Added logging of the server ip and port, and the game's name.
    • If you're updating from v1.1.0, check out this post for proper update instructions.

bl4nk 02-08-2008 08:54

Re: SQL Feedback

4 Attachment(s)
Here's an example page written in PHP that will grab all of the rows for the tables and print them out for you.

hazard 02-08-2008 15:41

most impressive

ottobohn 02-08-2008 16:37

This will be great for my deathmatch server!

Could you have a version that saves it locally? We wouldn't need a DB for it, but rather just a vote_results file or something?

Otto
n00bsalad.net

bl4nk 02-08-2008 18:17

I'm not sure what you mean by a "vote_results file".

ottobohn 02-09-2008 09:26

Instead of the vote results being put to mysql, could you put it to one file locally? :)

thanks!

bl4nk 02-09-2008 09:45

This doesn't have anything to do with vote results. But I guess I could add a feature in to store it to a local file rather than a database. :o

MoggieX 02-09-2008 20:57

Hi bl4nk,

NICE WORK!!!

May I suggest a copy of what UKCS have on thier servers, which is a vote menu enabling the player to pass a vote on that map [on players 1st spawn], but with the addition on this, to not only take that vote, BUT to also take thier comments too.

This would be ace for our comminity.

Matt

bl4nk 02-10-2008 00:24

Updated to Version 1.0.1

I'll look into doing voting on quality of maps as an additional part of this plugin.

pRED* 02-20-2008 14:56

Very nice, like always bl4nk. Approved.