AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [CSS + CS:GO] PUG Mod (ESEA Without The Fees) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=189144)

API 07-03-2012 21:39

[CSS + CS:GO] PUG Mod (ESEA Without The Fees)

1 Attachment(s)
OVERVIEW
A long time ago I wrote a pug plugin for Counter-Strike: Source and I decided to rework it a bit for CS:GO support, and release it. If you've ever played in an ESEA pug, the experience will be familiar. The only difference is that you aren't required to register or install a client; this plugin is not for ranked play (at least for the time being).

WHAT'S YOUR BEEF WITH ESEA?
I don't have beef with ESEA. I actually pay for a subscription. I'm just trying to give more people the opportunity to get good at the game. There is a huge skill gap in Counter-Strike.

CONFIGURATION
Stick any extra configuration you have inside cfg/server_pug.cfg

VARIABLES
sm_pug_version - Report the PUG plugin version.
sv_maxplayers (default: 10) - Amount of players required for a match.

INSTALLATION
1. Copy pug.smx into addons/sourcemod/plugins/
2. Restart your server.

CHAT COMMANDS
/help - List the PUG commands.
/dmg - Prints your damage dealt into private chat (must be dead)
/autodmg - Automatically print your damage dealt into private chat when dead
/chat - Mute / unmute public chat.
/teamchat - Mute / unmute team chat.
/ready - Ready up for match.
/notready - No longer ready up for match.

NO BOTS
Sorry guys, this plugin doesn't play well with bots. If you can fix this, let me know.

CS:GO Test Server
198.144.184.161:27015

UPDATE
RoundEnd has some broken control statement that may have been causing the map change bug. Let me know if this still occurs.

UPDATE 2
I've taken another look at Round End and it seems like the problem was more obvious than I originally thought. This should finally be free of the nasty map change bug.

UPDATE 3
After a long time of looking (sarcasm) it turns out Valve doesn't allow mp_maxrounds 0 in CS:GO, so it's now set to mp_maxrounds 999999 (which means you should change the map once every 999999 rounds at least, which really is not a problem for most people)

Sorry, no test server for CS:S yet.

databomb 07-04-2012 19:57

Re: [CSS + CS:GO] PUG Mod (ESEA Without The Fees)

Nice that you're releasing this ahead of time :) I looked through the source and saw that you had some captains stuff commented out. I have an old PUG captains plugin that might fill in some blanks with this. I've never done the whole ESEA thing myself but it was a private request from a year or two ago from someone wanting to mimic ESEA type stuff.

shavit 07-04-2012 21:14

Very nice!
I love iDragon's Mix mod [including Auto-mix] but this is still very good!

API 07-05-2012 01:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by databomb (Post 1743517)
Nice that you're releasing this ahead of time :) I looked through the source and saw that you had some captains stuff commented out. I have an old PUG captains plugin that might fill in some blanks with this. I've never done the whole ESEA thing myself but it was a private request from a year or two ago from someone wanting to mimic ESEA type stuff.

That'd be awesome dude. Captains were definitely in the original scope but they got phased out when I got busy.

And glad you like it shavit :)

away000 07-05-2012 07:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by databomb (Post 1743517)

Can u implement it with ur content?

API 07-09-2012 00:10

As a side note, if anyone has a community and they want to add a server to their roster, I'd be happy to fund a PUG mod server. I'll also maintain / update the server, I just want to get some exposure for the plugin. Plus, it'd be nice to actually have people to play against. It can be CSS or CS:GO, your choice.

amohanlall32 07-10-2012 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimpinjuice (Post 1746497)
As a side note, if anyone has a community and they want to add a server to their roster, I'd be happy to fund a PUG mod server. I'll also maintain / update the server, I just want to get some exposure for the plugin. Plus, it'd be nice to actually have people to play against. It can be CSS or CS:GO, your choice.

Actually I'm a part of a community that would be very interested in this. The community is fairly small and only houses a pretty populated office server. However a lot of us PUG on a regular zBlock loaded server where we are waiting for 1 of 3 people that have rCon to run the PUG. If you'd like to discuss it with owner take a look at www.evolution-css.com and shoot a PM to .iNF.

Good luck, and great work with the plugin by the way. I've used 1260's plugin before but it would constantly be overwhelmed with bugs and was hated by the people that played on my PUG server.

saulstari 08-02-2012 12:31

seems to change maps for me.

bots set to 0

baijiaqing 08-22-2012 07:25

Same problems as described above.
Really looking forward to a plugin similar to this.

lud1 08-24-2012 04:24

same problem maps keep changing

sqr 08-26-2012 19:13

Hello, I also keep getting this problem,

it keeps changing me from one team to another and changing map

I can provide server info if it helps you

It would be very nice to have a mod like this one, thanks for the hard work you put on it.

Muscle Brazil 08-27-2012 09:30

is work for tf2?

dbondan 08-29-2012 10:20

Bump.

Is this plugin ever going to be fixed? It really is almost finished, only one glitch that's messing it all up, maybe someone could look into it, fix it and post a link?

shavit 08-29-2012 12:57

This plugin is great, I kinda fixed it. [Constant map changes didn't happen to me, please tell me how to trigger it, I'll fix.]
I removed the "say"/"say_team" commands [They don't allow you to gag a player] and switched them to sm_*, added plugin info, etc..
I just need a server to test all the changes I made. [There is also a bug with a SourceTV, if a SourceTV is on the server it doesn't count players, I should fix it too..]

dbondan 08-29-2012 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by shavit (Post 1786240)
This plugin is great, I kinda fixed it. [Constant map changes didn't happen to me, please tell me how to trigger it, I'll fix.]
I removed the "say"/"say_team" commands [They don't allow you to gag a player] and switched them to sm_*, added plugin info, etc..
I just need a server to test all the changes I made. [There is also a bug with a SourceTV, if a SourceTV is on the server it doesn't count players, I should fix it too..]

Sounds promising, i don't know what is triggering it since i don't understand the language fully. I'll look into it while you do it too.

The "say"/"say_team" commands seemed to be working for me, it tells me to write /ready though the server switches the map after 3 sec (if that's what you meant to fix).
So, instead of...

// Hooks
RegConsoleCmd("say",SayPubHook);
RegConsoleCmd("say_team",SayTeamHook);
CreateTimer(1.0, OneSecCheck, _, TIMER_REPEAT);
}

...it's...

// Hooks
RegConsoleCmd("sm_say",SayPubHook);
RegConsoleCmd("sm_say_team",SayTeamHook);
}

..?

Send me the file and i can test it on my server: 81.234.147.200:27016

shavit 08-29-2012 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbondan (Post 1786319)
Sounds promising, i don't know what is triggering it since i don't understand the language fully. I'll look into it while you do it too.

The "say"/"say_team" commands seemed to be working for me, it tells me to write /ready though the server switches the map after 3 sec (if that's what you meant to fix).
So, instead of...

// Hooks
RegConsoleCmd("say",SayPubHook);
RegConsoleCmd("say_team",SayTeamHook);
}

...it's...

// Hooks
RegConsoleCmd("sm_say",SayPubHook);
RegConsoleCmd("sm_say_team",SayTeamHook);
}

..?

Send me the file and i can test it on my server: 81.234.147.200:27016

It should be a different function for any command..
Compile it: http://pastebin.com/P8TgxV1u

dbondan 08-29-2012 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by shavit (Post 1786330)

Ok, ill try it now. Server should be up soon...

dbondan 08-29-2012 15:16

It seems to constantly write ready (it spams READY: in the hint box) and therefore switches map and teams. Shouldn't that be rather easy to find in the code?

lud1 08-31-2012 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by shavit (Post 1786330)

Tried this it still doesn't work. The first time I downloaded the plugin it actually worked on my computer and then I installed it on my actual server and it did the map changing thing, after that it did the same on my computer too. I don't know how this would help, but yeah...
I'm really looking forward to a fix.

shavit 09-01-2012 07:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by lud1 (Post 1788255)
Tried this it still doesn't work. The first time I downloaded the plugin it actually worked on my computer and then I installed it on my actual server and it did the map changing thing, after that it did the same on my computer too. I don't know how this would help, but yeah...
I'm really looking forward to a fix.

Hmm, it's doesn't change a map for me.

lud1 09-01-2012 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by shavit (Post 1788474)
Hmm, it's doesn't change a map for me.

Maybe it has something to do with SM or the version? Or maybe the server config. Could you please send me your version of sm/mm and your server config.

dbondan 09-02-2012 05:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by lud1 (Post 1788930)
Maybe it has something to do with SM or the version? Or maybe the server config. Could you please send me your version of sm/mm and your server config.

Good thinking! Great to see some followup on this thread.

lud1 09-08-2012 18:54

It actually works now. Tried it on both my test server and my main server. I guess it started working after the latest CS:GO patch. Only one problem I have right now, the round ends after I kill someone when it's 1v1 during warm up. When that happens the plugin switches the teams and after 3 rounds the map changes. This doesn't seem like a huge issue so if someone who has some experience with coding, or just knows whats causing it can probably fix it.

dbondan 09-09-2012 05:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by lud1 (Post 1794694)
It actually works now. Tried it on both my test server and my main server. I guess it started working after the latest CS:GO patch. Only one problem I have right now, the round ends after I kill someone when it's 1v1 during warm up. When that happens the plugin switches the teams and after 3 rounds the map changes. This doesn't seem like a huge issue so if someone who has some experience with coding, or just knows whats causing it can probably fix it.

I should try it out then, hope that small thing can be fixed easily. It's weird since this system works for sites that uses this for money like esea, can't they leak the code or something?

databomb 09-09-2012 11:12

We tested it out last night and with CS:GO since the hint box is so limited, it might be better to tell us who hasn't /ready'd yet. All we could see is the first 3 letters of each name

dbondan 09-09-2012 11:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by databomb (Post 1795218)
We tested it out last night and with CS:GO since the hint box is so limited, it might be better to tell us who hasn't /ready'd yet. All we could see is the first 3 letters of each name

It would be nice with something like this:
http://www.n0.se/f/f/37508_namnls.png

Although i don't know if it's possible.

dbondan 09-10-2012 17:24

Made this today, it's not finnished but atleast it's working perfect in warmup.
The timer is to start the match and/or kick players who are not ready.

http://pastebin.com/5NbRUq5y

lud1 09-10-2012 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbondan (Post 1796213)
Made this today, it's not finnished but atleast it's working perfect in warmup.
The timer is to start the match and/or kick players who are not ready.

http://pastebin.com/5NbRUq5y

I tested it out on my server today and when I do kill in console in pulls up the scoreboard and does the team switch in # sec thing, did it 3 times and it ended ended the match and changed the map.

Can you try to make it so the round never ends while in warm up?

dbondan 09-11-2012 01:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by lud1 (Post 1796347)
I tested it out on my server today and when I do kill in console in pulls up the scoreboard and does the team switch in # sec thing, did it 3 times and it ended ended the match and changed the map.

Can you try to make it so the round never ends while in warm up?

There's a glitch if someone dies when its only one player per team, atleast that's what i've heard.

lud1 09-11-2012 12:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbondan (Post 1796435)
There's a glitch if someone dies when its only one player per team, atleast that's what i've heard.

Yeah the round only ends if there's 1 person per team and he dies, Otherwise time stays at 00:00 after the round timer runs out. It's still a pretty big bug though. If the servers new like mine and it takes a while to get it full people would leave when its 1v1 or 2v1 since they can't move when it switches the teams after the round ends for like 10 sec. and the map change after 3 rounds.

dbondan 09-11-2012 14:57

Ok, so I've been working on this for 5 days learning the language as i go. I actually got it working, here's the link:

(First) http://pastebin.com/egrQ49pW
(Update 1) http://pastebin.com/wSz06bP3
(Update 2) http://pastebin.com/Epr3xp3d
(Update 3) http://pastebin.com/d6ir8xMX

What i added/done:
* A timer that tics from 10 minutes (default) and starts the game discarding who's ready or not.
* The chat is now used for indicating players ready, it says:
- [PUG] x/10 Players are connected.
- Players not ready:
- <First Five Players> (says (None) when everyone currently connected is ready.)
- <Second Five Players>
- Type /ready in chat when you are ready.
* Changed the /notready command to /unready.
* Changed the time limit for changing your status of being ready to 3 sec instead of 15.
* (Update 1) Removed the 2min kick if player have not writen ready.
* (Update 1) Fixed a glitch with the ready system.
* (Update 2) Moved the ready system to a menu on the left side.
* (Update 3) Changed map-files location to .../maps/PUG/ so that the host can add maps for PUGs only.
* (Update 3) Disabled bomb being planted on warmup to avoid restarts.
* (Update 3) Changed mp_freezetime on warmup to 0.

Things left to be fixed/done:
* Match starting if the round ends in warmup.
* Swaping sides/map in an infinite loop if the round ends in warmup.
* Server swaps sides after 3 rounds (not confirmed, can't test it since my ports are closed).
* Remove errors showing in the sever cmd.
* (If in any way possible) Make the menu unclickable so that a player can switch between weapons without closing the menu first.

Please tell me if there's more so i can check if i can fix it.
Anyone who understands pawn, feel free to send me some code sugestions and I'll try it out.

noidea 09-12-2012 01:20

L 09/12/2012 - 15:10:23: [SM] [0] Line 288, /groups/sourcemod/upload_tmp/textb8GA5v.sp::WarmUpSpawner()
L 09/12/2012 - 15:10:27: [SM] Native "GetClientName" reported: Client 2 is not connected

spamming in the errors, also can you make it in a popup box for the ready/unready players

eg

http://www.gametech.com.au/images/wa...reenshot-1.jpg

dbondan 09-12-2012 03:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by noidea (Post 1797295)
L 09/12/2012 - 15:10:23: [SM] [0] Line 288, /groups/sourcemod/upload_tmp/textb8GA5v.sp::WarmUpSpawner()
L 09/12/2012 - 15:10:27: [SM] Native "GetClientName" reported: Client 2 is not connected

spamming in the errors, also can you make it in a popup box for the ready/unready players

These errors are not affecting the result of this mod, it's only something that could put pressure on the host. I have no clue how i would fix these, tho i changed whether the "WhosReady" messages should pop up or not. Any further updates i do will be posted and linked in my previous post.

I'm now working on moving the ready system like you hinted.

dbondan 09-12-2012 05:16

The ready system have now been placed in a menu on the left as sugested and a link has been added in a previous post.

Please post sugestions for more changes.

http://www.n0.se/f/f/17848_xfgj.jpg

noidea 09-12-2012 06:00

get a maplist from mapcycle or a cfg

fix the bugs

* Match starting when a 1-man-team player gets killed in warmup.
* Swaping sides/map in an infinite loop when a 1-man-team player gets killed in warmup.
* Server swaps sides after 3 rounds

minimoney1 09-12-2012 06:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbondan (Post 1796857)
Things left to be fixed/done:
* Make the menu unclickable so that a player can switch between weapons without closing the menu first.

I believe you can't do that. Your best bet is to use KeyHintText.

dbondan 09-12-2012 06:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by noidea (Post 1797379)
get a maplist from mapcycle or a cfg

fix the bugs

* Match starting when a 1-man-team player gets killed in warmup.
* Swaping sides/map in an infinite loop when a 1-man-team player gets killed in warmup.
* Server swaps sides after 3 rounds

I'll fix a de_xxx_se list for it, if i can.

Those other bugs are gonna have to wait, since i cant confirm any of them alone.

noidea 09-12-2012 06:27

i can confirm them, and you can't even use the plugin because of it

dbondan 09-12-2012 06:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by minimoney1 (Post 1797382)
I believe you can't do that. Your best bet is to use KeyHintText.

Well that's sad, cause then the chat works better.

Although, the menu is much better looking so I'll still use that. It isn't that much of a problem since it only affects warmup anyway.

dbondan 09-12-2012 06:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by noidea (Post 1797391)
i can confirm them, and you can't even use the plugin because of it

Have you confirmed that these bugs do not occour when you are full teams?
By saying "I can't confirm any of them alone" i ment that if i now fix the problems, i can't check if they are fixed alone.