AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   SourceMod Anti-Cheat (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   Would a cookie clicker autoclicker trigger a ban? (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=230200)

redf0x 11-21-2013 16:25

Would a cookie clicker autoclicker trigger a ban?

I got a ban protest from a guy saying he had an autoclicker for cookie clicker on his computer that he ran by accident while playing csgo causing an autotrigger ban: autofire (only have had maybe 3 of these in the past 8 months). Did a check on his steam ID and it has been clean for years. Seems probable.

Would the autoclicker trigger this type of ban?

thanks

checkster 11-23-2013 04:18

Re: Would a cookie clicker autoclicker trigger a ban?

Do you by any chance have smac_log_verbouse ? If so post the log, excluding the ip/steamid.
Sounds unlikely to me though, cause why would a auto cookie clicker inject it self in the game ?

allienaded 11-23-2013 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by checkster (Post 2064316)
Do you by any chance have smac_log_verbouse ? If so post the log, excluding the ip/steamid.
Sounds unlikely to me though, cause why would a auto cookie clicker inject it self in the game ?

It doesn't have to. A powerful enough autoclicker (that is able to click over a 1000 times per second for example) could easily cause a autofire detection though only if it was used deliberately since it requires atleast 10 perfectly timed shots in a row to trigger a detection. Personally I'd unban him because I don't consider simple macros like auto clickers cheating in an FPS game.

shavit 11-25-2013 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by allienaded (Post 2064628)
It doesn't have to. A powerful enough autoclicker (that is able to click over a 1000 times per second for example) could easily cause a autofire detection though only if it was used deliberately since it requires atleast 10 perfectly timed shots in a row to trigger a detection. Personally I'd unban him because I don't consider simple macros like auto clickers cheating in an FPS game.

Incorrect, if it clicks in a second more than the times you send a UserCmd to the server all the UserCmds will have buttons & IN_ATTACK and the server will think that the client has the fire key hold for all this time.

allienaded 11-26-2013 15:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by shavit (Post 2065327)
Incorrect, if it clicks in a second more than the times you send a UserCmd to the server all the UserCmds will have buttons & IN_ATTACK and the server will think that the client has the fire key hold for all this time.

In theory yes, but atleast in my own experience it's not possible to spam enough commands for the game to start ignoring other commands most of the spam will just be throttled/skipped. With luck and/or special configuration it's possible to get a command be it fire or jump on the exact frame the game allows it even multiple times in a row which could cause a detection, with a macro/hack that is.

Dr. McKay 11-26-2013 21:04

There's absolutely no reason whatsoever to use an autoclicker in Cookie Clicker.

If you want to cheat that badly, use the JavaScript console...