AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugin/Gameplay Ideas and Requests (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   [REQ] Adjustment to CS:GO bhop mechanics (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=296511)

darthelmo1 04-22-2017 18:47

[REQ] Adjustment to CS:GO bhop mechanics

Hello all,

As many of you know, Valve released a new cvar in a CS update a while back that allows players to autobhop client-side. (sv_autobunnyhopping 1). This cvar, combined with Peace-Maker's Movement Unlocker, provides us with some of the smoothest bhop seen so far in Global Offensive.

Then what's the problem?

Well, in a sense, CS:GO bhopping has become too easy. In CSS, when bhopping, players would lose some speed on each jump. This would slowly bring their speed down to the default walking pace, unless they were good at strafing. In CS:GO, you can hold space and keep your speed indefinitely, without even the need to strafe.

So, I'm looking for...

A plugin that decreases a player's speed by x % on each jump, to force them to do a little bit more work to gain/maintain speed.

Any work on this would be greatly appreciated. I might even be able to give a little tip in the future, but I can't promise that.

Thanks, and peace out!
Elmo

sneaK 04-23-2017 00:49

Re: [REQ] Adjustment to CS:GO bhop mechanics

sv_staminamax
sv_staminalandcost
sv_staminajumpcost
sv_staminarecoveryrate

Have you tried messing with these variables? Not sure if they would have any effect.

darthelmo1 04-28-2017 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneaK (Post 2514471)
sv_staminamax
sv_staminalandcost
sv_staminajumpcost
sv_staminarecoveryrate

Have you tried messing with these variables? Not sure if they would have any effect.

Nope, didn't work. They affected jump height but not speed.

Battousai-sama 04-29-2017 00:01

sm_cvar sv_maxvelocity 1000 is what i use personally but then again the crouch spam ruins bhop for now :S

darthelmo1 04-29-2017 11:16

But maxvelocity is mostly unrelated to this issue... :p

Battousai-sama 04-29-2017 14:31

yea just saw that sorry but doesnt air accelerate reduces the speed gain so they need to strafe more?

darthelmo1 05-09-2017 23:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Battousai-sama (Post 2516893)
yea just saw that sorry but doesnt air accelerate reduces the speed gain so they need to strafe more?

Yes it does, but that slows you down WHEN you strafe. What I'm looking for here is something that slows you down jump by jump, i.e. when you do NOT strafe.

darthelmo1 05-12-2017 01:16

Ended up just helping my buddy code it, it is confirmed possible. Thank you for your ideas/help anyway!