AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   HLstatsX:CE (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Multiple Servers, Have overall stats and stats for individual servers? (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=307449)

MrE 05-10-2018 11:35

Multiple Servers, Have overall stats and stats for individual servers?

Hello,

I wanted to see if anyone could point me in the right direction to configure HLStats so that it will keep track of stats for all servers, but also allow you to track stats individually per server.

For example, if I had 5 servers for the same game, I would like to be able to view the overall statistics and ranking from all 5 servers. Since some of the servers are game mode specific, I would also like to collect statistics that can be viewed on a server by server basis. This would allow people to view the overall top players, but also see the top players for a specific server.

Any suggestions or guidance is welcome.

Thanks!

Spirit_12 05-11-2018 21:55

Re: Multiple Servers, Have overall stats and stats for individual servers?

Not 100% sure, but you can do that by copying the game table in phpmyadmin. You are looking to do something like this page?

http://thechurchofthedeag.gameme.com/

MrE 05-12-2018 06:51

That is similar to what I have in mind. The difference is that I want to basically have two separate sets of stats. One for the overall group of servers, and one for each server individually. That way people could view the stats page and see their overall rank, or drill down to the server level to see how they rank on just the one server.

At the moment, I am thinking of trying the following:

- Leave the existing DB and daemon configured to log stats as is now
- create a new hlstats daemon for each server/group.
- create a new site for each server/group
- create a new DB for each server/group
- configure the "points/kill" messages to be disabled on all except the original instance. This would make it so when people use hlx commands like "rank" or "top" it returns info for the overall stats. in addition, when it says what points were lost/earned on a kill, it would be based on the overall ranking, but hopfully still feed the "overall" and individual DBs.
- add links to the "tabs" at the top of the current "main" stats page that would let people drill down to the server/group specific stats.

Some issues that i have not tested/researched yet.
- the hlstats daemon may not allow multiple instances to run at one time.
- the in game commands, such as "rank", "top", etc may have undesirable effects.

I have not tried it yet, but if I can't figure out a different solution I can give this a shot and see how it goes.

Spirit_12 05-12-2018 16:07

You shouldn’t need to create multiple instances. I can assure you that you can run multiple instances on demon on same machine.

I would rather ask you to look into database queries and manipulate them for desired results.

MrE 05-13-2018 06:30

Thanks for the input. The only reason I am considering running multiple daemons is because it looks like by default the stat information is stored in one database, and doesn't have an identifier to separate stats by server. In the table that keeps track of skill, it appears that it is overall skill. I have not seen a built in way to have the overall skill and also keep track of skill per server at the same time. If I keep just the one DB and daemon, I can separate the game servers by giving them a new name, but then it will only keep track of the servers individually, and no longer keep track of the overall stats.

Perhaps what I can do is separate the servers out as described above, then create my own "overall" page, with their own queries that will tally up the results across all servers. I was just hoping that there would be another way.

Thank you again for your help.