AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Source Servers (SRCDS) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   CS:GO var server lagging (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=318315)

LionKing 08-24-2019 05:10

CS:GO var server lagging

My var rates on my CS:GO server is lagging a lot.

My VPS specs:
Windows OS
8GB RAM
6 Core Intel Xeon CPU
80GB SSD Storage
Unlimited Network Traffic
IPv4 Address

And no can't afford to get a dedicated :cry:

Zuby24 08-24-2019 06:28

Re: CS:GO var server lagging

What CPU are you using ? Did you tried linux ?

iGANGNAM 08-24-2019 07:00

it's VPS, don't expect much from VPS. Updates screwed up VPS/VDS completely.

Zuby24 08-24-2019 07:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by iGANGNAM (Post 2664536)
it's VPS, don't expect much from VPS. Updates screwed up VPS/VDS completely.

I dont think so. My servers are running under virtualization and working fine.
Virtualization type KVM with vSphere.

iGANGNAM 08-24-2019 07:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuby24 (Post 2664538)
I dont think so. My servers are running under virtualization and working fine.
Virtualization type KVM with vSphere.

Maybe KVM with VMware works fine, but I have tried OpenVZ and some kind of other KVM wasn't good at all. 5 players+- is okey but more than that var is going up. Even servers were running fine for years on same OpenVZ before Valve made some sneaky updates.

Zuby24 08-24-2019 08:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by iGANGNAM (Post 2664539)
Maybe KVM with VMware works fine, but I have tried OpenVZ and some kind of other KVM wasn't good at all. 5 players+- is okey but more than that var is going up. Even servers were running fine for years on same OpenVZ before Valve made some sneaky updates.

maybe .. i dont know.

morpig 08-24-2019 13:27

Quote:

yeah, openvz is sh*t at all things. i'd rather use kvm, openstack or vmware for vps.

TomL. 08-24-2019 14:03

It mainly depends on the host system so there is not much you can do about it.
What are your sv/var values?

DarkDeviL 08-25-2019 04:56

Quote:

I have tried OpenVZ and some kind of other KVM wasn't good at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by morpig (Post 2664582)
yeah, openvz is sh*t at all things. i'd rather use kvm, openstack or vmware for vps.

When you cannot administer your things, you won't get anywhere with any of the platforms out there.

OpenVZ is the closest to the "native performance" of the physical machine you'll get, and therefore it would be better for game servers than processing them through virtualization layers like KVM or ESXi.

If you're however renting your pizza slice from e.g. Example, Inc., then it is very likely (i.e. it would be more unlikely, if they were not) that Example, Inc. is overselling their resources, such as if they have capacity for 10 pizza slices on the full pizza, they would actually be selling 15 pizza slices.

And that's where it becomes problematic, no matter what you use, when you're trying to squeeze the lemon all the way.

Nothing gets any better than how it's operated, and if the weakest link is the operator of the host itself, ... you're doomed.

If the weakest link is yourself and the money (typical: how many 128tick csgo can I run on this $1/month VPS?) you want to spend, ... you're doomed as well.

LionKing 08-25-2019 18:10

I have no clue which CPU that I'm using.

But it is sad if you really need to start using a dedicated server just for running CS:GO servers on it.