AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   General (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   [CS:GO] NEED help with sv_tags (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=323386)

wakedb 04-18-2020 10:46

[CS:GO] NEED help with sv_tags

Hi!

I don't know why but recently the sv_tags keep disappearing from the Community server list and my server won't show up in results.

I have 2 CS:GO servers, one is HideNSeek and another one Competitive. The tags are working just fine on the Competitive one but on the other server on map change, sv_tags just disappear and displays empty or secure. I need to use rcon sv_tags while in game to make them visible again.
My server gets fewer players since this happened and I don't know why sv_tags not working properly.

Srry if this been solved already but I've searched everywhere on the forum and all I find is lots of answers but none useful.

That's in my server.cfg some settings that I understood might affect sv_tags somehow or how the server shows up in server list

Code:

sv_lan 0
sv_region 3
host_info_show 2
host_name_store 1
host_players_show 2

Code:

sv_tags "HnS, [HNS], kitty, zen, pipeworks, rooftops, hns_inspire, hns_floppytown, hns_mie, laleagane, hns, danger, hidenseek, zone, case, skins, steam-only, floppytown, arena, hns_zen, [HNS], hns_freeway, 1vs1, 100tickr, c21_gurka, 128tick, hns_jukecity, bunnyhop, bhop, alltalk, challenge, !stats, !top, drop, hide n seek, sounds, !jumptop, !quake sounds, !qs, hns_kitty, !shop, !credits, surf, bhop, store, ranking, rooftops, global, silver, romania, international, [HNS], 64, no lag, no ping, hide'n'seek, pro, new maps, hns_devblocks, laleagane, llg, fun, casual, steam on, non steam, vip, !vip, no bots, birthday, increased_maxplayers, _registered, respawn, !redie, revive, nade"

Enzyoo 04-20-2020 10:47

Re: [CS:GO] NEED help with sv_tags

Add it in your gamemodes configs as well, since it's probably being overwritten.

wakedb 04-20-2020 13:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enzyoo (Post 2694802)
Add it in your gamemodes configs as well, since it's probably being overwritten.

Hi. I did that. It was all the time in gamemodes config that I'm using on my server. It just suddenly stopped displaying my tags in community server list and I'm not sure when that happened or why.

wakedb 04-21-2020 18:56

Anyone else bothers to offer me a hand? I've tried with an autoexec.cfg putting there sv_tags "my tags,etc,etc" because the tags disappear when restart the server. Just found out that. Still won't work :shock:

Bacardi 04-21-2020 19:38

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Server.cfg

wakedb 04-22-2020 14:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacardi (Post 2695185)

I've read that already Bacardi.

Quote:

In CSGO, to override Valve's game mode setting, you use override config files.
For example ...cfg/gamemode_casual_server.cfg
My sv_tags "" can be found in server.cfg and in gamemode_casual_hns.cfg. It used to work just fine since 3 weeks ago when suddenly all tags just vanished in-game.

PC Gamer 04-22-2020 14:40

Can you tell us what happens if you shorten the number of tags to this?

Quote:

sv_tags "hns, kitty, zen, pipeworks, rooftops"

Bacardi 04-22-2020 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakedb (Post 2695397)
I've read that already Bacardi.

My sv_tags "" can be found in server.cfg and in gamemode_casual_hns.cfg. It used to work just fine since 3 weeks ago when suddenly all tags just vanished in-game.

What is that ? gamemode_casual_hns.cfg ??

wakedb 04-23-2020 07:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bacardi (Post 2695409)
What is that ? gamemode_casual_hns.cfg ??

That is the gamemode_casual_server.cfg wich I've changed it _hns.cfg meaning Hide N seek. The settings for my server wich some of them can be found in server.cfg and gamemode_casual_hns.cfg

Quote:

Originally Posted by PC Gamer (Post 2695405)
Can you tell us what happens if you shorten the number of tags to this?

It looks like its working with only those tags. I changed the tags, restart the server and the tags are shown there. Usually, after restart the tags disappear.

What should I do now? Reduce the number of tags? I believe more tags = better (not if your server's not showing there anyway)
Or rewrite all the tags cause some of them seems to be problematic? So I can see which ones are the tricky ones.

Bacardi 04-23-2020 08:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by wakedb (Post 2695585)
That is the gamemode_casual_server.cfg wich I've changed it _hns.cfg meaning Hide N seek. The settings for my server wich some of them can be found in server.cfg and gamemode_casual_hns.cfg

So you have made own custom game mode, into gamemodes_server.txt or otherwise there is no any sense of this gamemode_casual_hns.cfg ?
I just saying, cs:go not execute that file by default.

if you run server as casual mode: game_type 0; game_mode 0
cs:go use Valve's game mode settings: gamemode_casual.cfg
If you want make changes to Valve's settings, you use override file, which is: gamemode_casual_server.cfg

*edit
anyway, sv_tags should work from server.cfg