AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [CSS/CS:GO] Weapon Restrict (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=105219)

TheAvengers2 03-22-2012 16:26

Re: [CSS] Weapon Restrict (3.0 is here!)

Dr!fter, can you implement some error handling code for the translations, so a missing translation doesn't make the whole plugin go kaput? I'd suggest making it function normally even without the messages, but constantly send all admins a message every so often, alerting them that there's a problem with the translations. I updated my weapon restrict installation a while back, and it was a truly distressing experience. The whole thing stopped working and I was sitting there for a long time trying to figure out why, with players constantly messaging me on steam and breathing down my neck about it. I might be forever scarred. :cry:

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeroibis (Post 1672269)
I wanted to know if it was possible to update this mod so that you could restrict weapons on a player by player basis. For example you can restrict a particular item from a player until the end of the map.

I'm not sure whether Dr!fter will implement something like that. There'd be a lot of people wanting different conditions to allow this or that for specific players and this can get out of hand fairly quick. I'd recommend using the natives and forwards present in this plugin to make a solution perfect for your community (and share it with everyone ofc :P). Take a look at this post to see an example of how the natives and forwards can be used to add a feature very easily: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...es#post1631587

Dr!fter 03-23-2012 16:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlasteR (Post 1671757)
Thank you, I have uploaded everything from 0 and work :).

I have this question where the change would limit the amount showed in chat to red?
http://i.imgur.com/6xUS6.png

You cant change it easily due to translations. But if you really wanted the easiest way would be convert everything to use Color include.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeroibis (Post 1672269)
I wanted to know if it was possible to update this mod so that you could restrict weapons on a player by player basis. For example you can restrict a particular item from a player until the end of the map.

Not in this plugin no. I have one sitting in one of my many folders with one that I was working on. I havent done much to it since I've been busy with various projects (DHooks and another secret one being the major ones) As well as having a ton of other stuff to do :P. I will try to find someone to finish it. Or try to finish it soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAvengers2 (Post 1673816)
Dr!fter, can you implement some error handling code for the translations, so a missing translation doesn't make the whole plugin go kaput? I'd suggest making it function normally even without the messages, but constantly send all admins a message every so often, alerting them that there's a problem with the translations. I updated my weapon restrict installation a while back, and it was a truly distressing experience. The whole thing stopped working and I was sitting there for a long time trying to figure out why, with players constantly messaging me on steam and breathing down my neck about it. I might be forever scarred. :cry:

I'm not sure whether Dr!fter will implement something like that. There'd be a lot of people wanting different conditions to allow this or that for specific players and this can get out of hand fairly quick. I'd recommend using the natives and forwards present in this plugin to make a solution perfect for your community (and share it with everyone ofc :P). Take a look at this post to see an example of how the natives and forwards can be used to add a feature very easily: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...es#post1631587

Translations are required. It should log an error, if not then it should (and I would have to fix it). Thats how you know what is wrong easily :P Error logs are the first thing you should look at :P

bagepulver 03-24-2012 20:39

HI,

How do I activate/logon to the weapon restriction admin menu. I can activate the sm_admin menu but I cant see any weapon_restriction menu. I can see the plugin when I type sm plugins list. please help me.

bagepulver 03-25-2012 04:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagepulver (Post 1675085)
HI,

How do I activate/logon to the weapon restriction admin menu. I can activate the sm_admin menu but I cant see any weapon_restriction menu. I can see the plugin when I type sm plugins list. please help me.

If I deactivate my custom admin menu then I can se weaponrestrict under menu#4. What do I do to add the weaponrestrict to custom admin menu

Dr!fter 03-27-2012 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by bagepulver (Post 1675243)
If I deactivate my custom admin menu then I can se weaponrestrict under menu#4. What do I do to add the weaponrestrict to custom admin menu

Why do you want to add weapon restrict as a custom menu? It already creates its own main menu. If you meant that you have custom menus and that when you add them the weapon restrict one disappears. It might be on page 2, It gets me all the time.

clutchh 04-06-2012 18:14

Just to clarify: "10" "1"
Would this make it 1 per team with 10 players or 1 total?

Dr!fter 04-06-2012 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by clutchh (Post 1683180)
Just to clarify: "10" "1"
Would this make it 1 per team with 10 players or 1 total?

Per team

clutchh 04-06-2012 18:21

Great, thanks for the quick answer.

Do you think you could add per player support for the auto snipers in the next version?

Dr!fter 04-06-2012 19:25

.... What version are you using?

clutchh 04-06-2012 19:47

3.0.8 :3