AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Source Servers (SRCDS) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   [Solved][L4d2] Friend getting stuck at loading screen when trying to join L4d2 Server (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=320988)

salman1567 01-18-2020 21:26

[Solved][L4d2] Friend getting stuck at loading screen when trying to join L4d2 Server

Hello, first time here so I hope this is the right place for this.

I have a server that I am able to join and it works fine for me. However, the problem lies when my friend is not able to join he keeps getting stuck at around 75%. If anyone can point me in the right direction on how to diagnosis it where to find the logs to figure out why he's not connecting since in the server console it doesn't show anything. Anyways thanks in advance would appreciate any kind of suggestions. Also if anyone has experience with starting L4D2 servers would appreciate some guidance.

Lux 01-19-2020 08:51

Re: [L4d2] Friend getting stuck at loading screen when trying to join L4d2 Server

Code:

sv_allow_wait_command "1"
Likely the cause, either allow wait cmds on your server or get your friend to disable whatever is using them.

salman1567 01-19-2020 10:45

Re: [L4d2] Friend getting stuck at loading screen when trying to join L4d2 Server

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lux (Post 2680874)
Code:

sv_allow_wait_command "0"
Likely the cause, either allow wait cmds on your server or get your friend to disable whatever is using them.

Appreciate it Thank you, however, this did not work. My friend says the problem persists also I learned it also does freeze his computer where the loading 4 icon in the load screen stops spinning and he has to physically restore since when he gets stuck he freezes. Is there any server logs I can check to help me diagnosis this. Since the server, the console doesn't show anything.

Marttt 01-19-2020 12:19

try to run the server with

"sv_consistency" "0"

Lux 01-19-2020 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marttt (Post 2680898)

"sv_consistency" "0"

May work and sorry was intended to be
Code:

not 0
:shock:

salman1567 01-19-2020 22:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marttt (Post 2680898)

"sv_consistency" "0"

Thanks not sure if the sv_consistency or the wait_command did the trick but I think he set up Lerp which is why he wasn't loading in.

Thanks for both of yar help :)

Vit_amin 01-26-2020 08:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lux (Post 2680874)
Code:

Why need has 1 value ?
sv_allow_wait_command may protected from cfg scripts/hacks ?
ConCmd say spam or another config scripts ?