AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   CS:S DM (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   How to Block Rounds (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=39440)

BAILOPAN 12-10-2005 19:42

How to Block Rounds

In the next version of CS:S DM I will be removing native support for blocking rounds and removing objectives because you can now do it with this plugin: http://www.bailopan.net/stripper/

To do it now, simply install it and add this to global_filters.cfg:
Code:

filter:
{
"classname" "/.*bomb.*/"
}
{
"classname" "/.*hostage.*/"
}

That will strip all round objectives from your maps.

It is unknown if this plugin works in conjunction with Mani, but he's working on a SourceMM port soon I think.

BoooM.TUF 12-10-2005 20:08

Probally a stupid question, but wouldn't rounds still end if you only remove bombs and hostages?

BAILOPAN 12-10-2005 20:12

No. CS:S detects that the map has no objectives and does not end the round when the timelimit is up. I actually tested this and it's the same for HL1 :)

BoooM.TUF 12-10-2005 21:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAILOPAN
No. CS:S detects that the map has no objectives and does not end the round when the timelimit is up. I actually tested this and it's the same for HL1 :)

Tested and true, loving phys-prop-less deathmatch aswell :)

ryker 12-10-2005 22:00

Gee. I always wanted a stripper plugin! :)

ryker 12-10-2005 22:26

I just tried the stripper plugin with css:dm .76 and it causes a seg fault on map change. Including when starting the server.
I had the following variables set:
;This will prevent players from having a bomb
remove_bombs = 0
;This will remove bomb/hostage zones and block rounds
remove_objectives = 0

BAILOPAN 12-10-2005 22:36

What OS?

BoooM.TUF 12-11-2005 00:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryker
I just tried the stripper plugin with css:dm .76 and it causes a seg fault on map change. Including when starting the server.
I had the following variables set:
remove_bombs = 0
remove_objectives = 0

Besides OS, could you show us your complete config file? *and*, It might be buggy if you ALSO enable these features in css dm itself, make sure css dm isnt trying to also remove bombs and objectives.

ryker 12-11-2005 02:20

It crashed on me on Gentoo Linux dedicated server.

meta list
Code:

meta list
-Id- Name              Version  Author      Status
[01] Basic Admin too  1.00 RC  EKS          RUN
[02] CS:S DM          0.76      BAILOPAN    RUN

It crashes if I add the stripper in there. It's fine without stripper. If I add stripper and remove cs:s dm it's also fine.

As stated in my previous post, I have remove objectives and bombs set to 0, but here is my complete cs:s dm cfg file
Code:

;CS:S DM Configuration File
; Default settings by BAILOPAN

;There is absolutely no need to edit this!
[version]
cssdm_version = 0.75

;Menu flags:
; p - primary
; s - secondary
; a - armor
; g - grenade
; b - buy

;Autoitem flags:
; a - armor
; h - helmet
; g - grenades

;Grenade flags:
; f - flashbang
; h - he grenade
; s - smoke grenade

;Spawn flags:
; 0 - no random spawning
; 1 - preset spawning

[settings]
menus = ps
spawnmode = 1
autoitems = ahg
grenades = fh
;Spawn protection time (in seconds)
;protection = 2
;protcolor_red = 0
;protcolor_green = 255
;protcolor_blue = 0
;protcolor_alpha = 20
;remove_bombs = 1
;remove_objectives = 1

;temp fix
protection = 0
protcolor_red = 0
protcolor_green = 0
protcolor_blue = 0
protcolor_alpha = 0
remove_bombs = 0
remove_objectives = 0

;Format for weapon menus is:
;shortname "Display Name" menupage
;Add "blocked" to the end to block the weapon from showing up
; Or just delete it from the list

;Do not edit the menu #s for this one!
[secondary]
usp USP 0
glock Glock 0
deagle Deagle 0
p228 P228 0
elite Elite 0
fiveseven "Five Seven" 0

[primary]
m4a1 M4A1 1
ak47 AK47 1
aug AUG 1
sg552 SG552 1
galil Galil 1
famas Famas 1
scout Scout 2
awp AWP 2
sg550 SG550 2
m249 M249 2
g3sg1 G3SG1 2
ump45 "UMP 45" 3
mp5navy "MP5 Navy" 3
m3 M3 3
xm1014 XM1014 3
tmp TMP 3
mac10 "Mac 10" 3
p90 P90 3

;List weapons here the bots can randomly have
;The short name must match one in the list above
[botweapons]
deagle
ak47
m4a1
awp
galil
aug
usp

Here is my global_filters.cfg from stripper:
Code:

;;Remove semicolons to uncomment a line

;;EXAMPLE - remove all physics props
;{
;"classname" "/prop_physics.*/"
;}
filter:
{
"classname" "/.*bomb.*/"
}
{
}

Anything else I can do to help troubleshoot?

BoooM.TUF 12-11-2005 03:56

Well, my configs are fairly similar to those (so theres not much I can try and help there), however, do you have a bot_quota set in server.cfg? I get crashes when I set my bot quota.

Also I'd recommend considering removing physprops, personally i like having these removed as all it does is clutter the map, which happens way too randomly for a DM server (IMO).

imported_davidov 12-11-2005 08:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoooM.TUF
Well, my configs are fairly similar to those (so theres not much I can try and help there), however, do you have a bot_quota set in server.cfg? I get crashes when I set my bot quota.

Also I'd recommend considering removing physprops, personally i like having these removed as all it does is clutter the map, which happens way too randomly for a DM server (IMO).

i have bot_quota and i get this error if i load stripper first.
by loading cssdm before stripper, i don't get this error anymore and everything seems to work fine...
linux server

ryker 12-11-2005 11:54

1 Attachment(s)
No, I removed the bots completely because it was crashing the server. I'll add the physics filter to my stripper config. Sounds like a good idea.

I have attached my server.cfg file if it helps to see what might be going on.
Thanks for the help.

BAILOPAN 12-11-2005 12:59

ryker: if you give me shell access, I can debug it for you. I need non-root access to the server installation, gdb, gcc (3.4 would be nice), vi, and the cvs client.

ryker 12-11-2005 13:50

Actually, I found the problem, kinda. It seems to be a conflict between stripper and the bat RC6 plugin.
The bat plugin works fine by itself and with cs:dm. Cs:dm and stripper works fine together; howeve, stripper and bat together cause a seg fault.
Code:

/opt/halflife/./srcds_run: line 426: 21494 Segmentation fault      $HL_CMD
For now I have just disabled the bat plugin, because I can always use rcon.

Let me know if you need shell access still to troubleshoot. I'll see if I can do that.

BAILOPAN 12-11-2005 14:24

Yeah, I'd still like to see why it's crashing if you don't mind. Just PM me with the info.

ryker 12-11-2005 19:57

Quote:

Yeah, I'd still like to see why it's crashing if you don't mind. Just PM me with the info.

I have you on aim now and I sent you a message.

UniSoL 12-12-2005 01:31

Works fine here. Thanks for the hard work on this.

fingerman 12-12-2005 23:49

if people were serious about cssdm, and didnt want to add plugins to their server to lag the hell out of it, you could just ripent all your servers maps then put it back in, just delete the entities for bomb or hostages, then put them on the server.

fingerman 12-12-2005 23:53

if people were serious about cssdm, and didnt want to add plugins to their server to lag the hell out of it, you could just ripent all your servers maps then put it back in, just delete the entities for bomb or hostages, then put them on the server.

BSilenced 12-13-2005 01:17

Re: How to Block Rounds

Quote:

In the next version of CS:S DM I will be removing native support for blocking rounds and removing objectives because you can now do it with this plugin: http://www.bailopan.net/stripper/

To do it now, simply install it and add this to global_filters.cfg:
Code:

filter:
{
"classname" "/.*bomb.*/"
}
{
}

That will strip all round objectives from your maps.

It is unknown if this plugin works in conjunction with Mani, but he's working on a SourceMM port soon I think.

Is there anyway to make it so the map will change after 30mins... apart from that this solution for getting rid of objectives works fine...

Reason I ask is we use this plugin for our competitions on http://www.iguk.org & all the servers need to finish on the 30min mark... at the moment its just a bit annoying monitoring them all and trying to restart map at around the 30min time limit ;) Last week had 8 servers to do in this manner.. so you can imagine my nightmare :shock:

Any help apreciated :D

BAILOPAN 12-13-2005 05:41

mp_timelimit?

BSilenced 12-13-2005 06:12

mp_timelimit 30 (yeah got this in there)

What happens is the same that usually happened with CSSDM and the round plays out past 30mins & everytime you do a timelimit in the console it says *Last Round* but of course it never ends because there are no rounds...

This is with 0.76 CSSDM, 1.1.2 Sourcemm & Stripper...

This is with these settings in CSSDM because Stripper supposed to do pretty much the same >>

Code:

remove_bombs = 0
remove_objectives = 0

BoooM.TUF 12-13-2005 14:06

You could use eventscripts to kill everyone after 30 minutes (which still triggers a round end), but I guess this could be considered for future versions.

BAILOPAN 12-14-2005 02:21

I'll think of a solution to this.

BSilenced 12-14-2005 02:37

Ok cool lemme know when you get one :D

I've decided to disable stripper for now since the current version of CSSDM has round blocking & seems to be stable with these options >>

Code:

remove_bombs = 0
remove_objectives = 1

I get some instability if both options are on 1, with remove_objectives it doesn't crash & blocks planting & blocks rescuing hostages..

With these options I can set round time to something like 5mins and the server will run rounds then stop when last round ends after the 30 min mark.. Its not ideal because i'm sure it'll confuse some people when rounds restart as it claims their side lost.. when of course its all about the kills and nothing else ;)

I've updated 6 of the servers so far with these settings.. just another 6 to go :O

bzz0 01-08-2006 11:44

You can use mp_fraglimit to limit with frags.

Masamune747 01-08-2006 20:55

I downloaded stripper:source 1.01 and added the filter to take off the bomb and hostages. after that i loaded my listen server, with cssdm version .81 and the latest metamod source version, and there were still rounds. i then edited my cssdm.cfg file to do away with objectives and the bomb, that also didn work.

Any ideas on what is going on?[/quote]

BSilenced 01-09-2006 01:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by bzz0
You can use mp_fraglimit to limit with frags.

^^ Thats no good for the competitions we run.. the idea is to get as many frags as possible in the 30mins.. this is because every frag = a ticket in the draw... so we need all servers to stop at the same time & no frag limit... because people on different servers have to have an equal chance of getting a similar score so the time has to be the same...

Did the new version of CSSDM help me out with not needing rounds & having the map just finish when it had run for 30 mins? I suspect with all the other stuff going on it might have been skipped.. its not that big of a problem having 6x 5min rounds with objectives stripped.. would just be better if it was continuous carnage ;)

ztaky 01-12-2006 10:21

mp_roundtime 30 ?
And certainly tel the people to not plant the bomb/rescue the hostages. Or
you can do a script in EventScripts to drop the bomb as it is taken, and kill every hostages on round start.

$carface 01-12-2006 15:28

i dont get it - on my server with css:dm the rounds never restart so one map is running all the time, is it possible to change this with this plugin? how?

thx in advance, stefan

BSilenced 01-12-2006 23:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by ztaky
mp_roundtime 30 ?
you can do a script in EventScripts to drop the bomb as it is taken, and kill every hostages on round start.

You can't have a round time of 30mins highest I think is 9...

A script in EventScripts? how do you do that? or a website that perhaps details what your on about?

ichthys 01-13-2006 00:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSilenced
Quote:

Originally Posted by ztaky
mp_roundtime 30 ?

You can't have a round time of 30mins highest I think is 9...

A script in EventScripts? how do you do that? or a website that perhaps details what your on about?

Mattie's Eventscritps home is here: http://mattie.info/cs/

CyberRob 01-15-2006 14:53

How would i use ES to make the map end in 15mins with stipper?

ztaky 02-23-2006 11:45

I have did it with evensctipts, actually I can't remove the bomeb, but u can use thi metod.

for 20 minutes, the es_delayed command counts in seconds:

es_delayed 1195 cssdm_disable
es_delayed 1195 ma_freeze #all
es_delayed 1195 ma_cexec #all togglescores
es_delayed 1200 ma_skipmap

Whisper 04-26-2006 02:55

We use mp_fraglimit 69 :)

mike3215 04-27-2006 17:46

I am trying to run a listen server with CS:S DM. I have it set up so that it is FFA but I still can't get it to block the rounds. I have downloaded stripper and am running it. I confirm this by creating the server and i see it in the list of mods I have running. The following is what I have in my global_filters.cfg file

Code:

filter:
{
"classname" "/.*bomb.*/"
}
{
}
{
"classname" "/prop_physics.*/"
}
{
"classname" "Hostage_entity"
}

That is what I have as of now. I have tried all kinds of other configurations but to no avail. I also have the following in the de_dust.cfg in the maps folder of stripper addon (I have only been playing dust so far):

Code:

;;Example - filtering out bomb zones
filter:
{
"classname" "/.*bomb.*/"
}

;;Example - adding a hostage in the T spawn
add:
;{
;"origin" "1376 3168 -112"
;"HostageType" "0"
;"angles" "0 111 0"
;"classname" "hostage_entity"
;}

I left the hostage stuff in because it is commented out. Anyways, I have tried quite a bit of stuff but like I said I always spawn with a bomb and if I the time runs out it restarts. I'm very new to this and any help would be much appreciated.

tkaway69 05-07-2006 15:52

We are trying to get CS:SDM working on fy and dm maps only. Where do I put the Mapname.cfg at? Does it go directly in the cfg folder or does it go in cfg/mani_admin_plugin/map_config? And if I add....

cssdm_enable
mp_fraglimit 99

would this enable cssdm and end the round at 99 frags? Thanks for the help.

I have read the facts and I think i have it now. Thank you.

01satkins 05-25-2006 15:25

has built in support been completely removed then? because i configured stripper as said in the first post, but it keeps removing my physics objects too, which is pretty stupis in a map like de_thematrix because it deletes all the teleports, lifts, props etc

and it also doesnt actaully remove the bomb

DaNN` 07-16-2006 09:47

Edit: Nevermind

nineba11 08-11-2006 07:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike3215
I am trying to run a listen server with CS:S DM. I have it set up so that it is FFA but I still can't get it to block the rounds. I have downloaded stripper and am running it. I confirm this by creating the server and i see it in the list of mods I have running. The following is what I have in my global_filters.cfg file

Code:

filter:
{
"classname" "/.*bomb.*/"
}
{
}
{
"classname" "/prop_physics.*/"
}
{
"classname" "Hostage_entity"
}

That is what I have as of now. I have tried all kinds of other configurations but to no avail. I also have the following in the de_dust.cfg in the maps folder of stripper addon (I have only been playing dust so far):

Code:

;;Example - filtering out bomb zones
filter:
{
"classname" "/.*bomb.*/"
}

;;Example - adding a hostage in the T spawn
add:
;{
;"origin" "1376 3168 -112"
;"HostageType" "0"
;"angles" "0 111 0"
;"classname" "hostage_entity"
;}

I left the hostage stuff in because it is commented out. Anyways, I have tried quite a bit of stuff but like I said I always spawn with a bomb and if I the time runs out it restarts. I'm very new to this and any help would be much appreciated.

I'm having basically the same problem on a rented public server. I've installed the lastest versions of SourceMM, Stripper and CSSDM.

SourceMM and CSSDM work fine but I just can't seem to block the rounds or remove the props. In the FAQ's it says to add the classnames "hostage_entity", "/prop_physics.*/" and "/.*bomb.*/" yet elsewhere i've seen people say that to remove the hostages the classname should be "/.*hostages.*/" What is the difference and what should I have in there? No matter what I've tried someone still spawns with the bomb, they plant it and the round ends :?

I've tried the stripper_dump command in console to check for myself what the entity coding should be but that command crashes my server every time. I can see in HLSW that stripper is loaded but it's not doing anything.

Please please help, I'm pulling my hair out.