AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   New Plugin Submissions (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   C4 pick up from ground (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=308980)

karaulov 07-09-2018 14:28

C4 pick up from ground

1 Attachment(s)
Sometimes accidentally, sometimes intentionally, players drop the bomb into an inaccessible place.

I could not find the plug-in that will fix it, and wrote my first plug-in that fixes it.

Just walk closer to the bomb, aim at it, and press the "use" button.

Mordekay 07-09-2018 15:23

Re: C4 pick up from ground

Simple
Easy to use
good idea
Thanks!

E1_531G 07-09-2018 16:29

Some fast tips:
1. You can force the touch between c4 and player. (instead of the remove-give method)
2. Better way to hook +use:
a. EmitSound: hook 'beep' sound
b. Pre/Post Think: hook IN_USE button

karaulov 07-10-2018 02:21

But it my first plugin :) I don't know how to play sound or give weaponbox directly to player, or how to hook +use key... :cry:

HamletEagle 07-10-2018 05:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by karaulov (Post 2602517)
But it my first plugin :) I don't know how to play sound or give weaponbox directly to player, or how to hook +use key... :cry:

You can find a lot of examples for each of this things if you search. This is how you learn.

^SmileY 07-10-2018 09:44

Is not more easy when drop C4 made a calc to manage if C4 will be drop at this type of location? and give it back to player? or move out from these places?

It is cool use +USE to bring c4 again, but sometimes this seems to be a problem in certain places.

n1ce idea anyway

Mordekay 07-10-2018 10:08

Mostly this happens when you are killed. What will you do with the C4 when you are dead? :wink:

^SmileY 07-10-2018 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mordekay (Post 2602646)
Mostly this happens when you are killed. What will you do with the C4 when you are dead? :wink:

Give to next terrorist or just move out from this place.

Mordekay 07-10-2018 10:34

Sadly the HL engine is stupid and does not know when someone could pick it up or not. giving it instantly to the next T is also not good. You have to go to it to pick it up. That's how it has to be

^SmileY 07-10-2018 10:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mordekay (Post 2602664)
Sadly the HL engine is stupid and does not know when someone could pick it up or not. giving it instantly to the next T is also not good. You have to go to it to pick it up. That's how it has to be

"Sadly the HL engine is stupid and does not know when someone could pick it up or not"

That is why amxx was created in first place, to no make any sense if C4 can not be pick up in some places of map.

See many C4 plugins to fix that, if i remember old HLGuard has something like this.

Press E Key trough walls to give back C4 seems to be a bit hack in a live game or some maps like Nuke, train and others that have this type of bug. is bad to general gameplay