AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Source Servers (SRCDS) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   OS and kernel (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=327022)

TrullSin 08-28-2020 16:08

OS and kernel

Hi,

What is the best OS, kernel and software to make it smoother as possible atm (CS:GO)!

paulo_crash 08-29-2020 01:31

Re: OS and kernel

I believe that an Ubuntu for OS should run without CSGO problems.

Software, if you want to say something to manage the server? If so, you can try Open Game Panel or Pterodactyl, I used OGP a lot on Ubuntu and never had any problems.

This is my opinion, you can expect other members, some are more aware of it and can help you more.

Maxximou5 08-29-2020 15:28

Best performance will be from Linux running tuned.
Best support for kernels will be from Debian (Liquorix, XanMod, custom, etc).
Best software is subjective, either Pterodactyl if you want a panel or LGSM if you want command line.

More importantly than anything of the above is what processor you're using, from there it's down the line as mentioned above.

TrullSin 08-30-2020 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxximou5 (Post 2715917)
Best performance will be from Linux running tuned.
Best support for kernels will be from Debian (Liquorix, XanMod, custom, etc).
Best software is subjective, either Pterodactyl if you want a panel or LGSM if you want command line.

More importantly than anything of the above is what processor you're using, from there it's down the line as mentioned above.

What you recommend better? XanMod or Liquorix and what debian version?

Maxximou5 08-30-2020 14:33

At the moment, the latest stable release of Debian is 10.5. The last update to this release was made on August 1st, 2020. I typically suggest the latest stable version, bleeding edge isn't necessary.

First try your system with the default kernel having installed and run tuned, then try Liquorix and then XanMod.

[email protected] 09-07-2020 04:45

add only cfg to new kernel 1000HZ.

pastebin.com/JJmV2kee

works for csgo too. ;}

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

debian

or

ubuntu good OS.

lrdmafia 06-17-2023 14:06

hello, I use ubuntu 20.04, these days I installed liquorix (Kernel: Linux 6.3.8-1-liquorix-amd64)
I also use tuned adm with performance profile, I have a cs 1.6 server, the problem is that my cpu is at 45-48%
and this is happening since I installed the kernel, I see a big difference with this Liquorix kernel, but I am worried about that cpu because it is high .

in cat/var/log/tuned/tuned.log I see these errors:

ERROR tuned.utils.commands: Executing sysctl error: sysctl: cannot stat /proc/sys/kernel/sched_min_granularity_ns: No such file or directory
ERROR tuned.utils.commands: Executing sysctl error: sysctl: cannot stat /proc/sys/kernel/sched_migration_cost_ns: No such file or directory

should i be worried ?

with some advice if you can help me, thanks!

Maxximou5 06-18-2023 18:28

Don't resurrect old threads to ask unrelated questions. Create your own with the questions you have.