AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [TF2] Bird Launcher (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=159050)

Tylerst 06-12-2011 11:25

[TF2] Bird Launcher

2 Attachment(s)
TF2 Bird Launcher - changes rockets into birds.

Requires SDKHooks

Description:
Changes rockets into bird(or any model, based on the cvar). Does not affect Cow Mangler.

Cvars:
sm_birdlauncher_version "1.1.1"
sm_birdlauncher_model "models/props_forest/bird.mdl" - Set this to whatever model you want rockets to be

Code:

Version 1.0.0 - June 12, 2011
* Initial release.

Version 1.0.1 - June 13, 2011
* Fixed only working on one rocket

Version 1.1.0 - May 28, 2013
* Overhaul of original plugin
* Now uses SDKHooks
* Updated TF2Only check into AskPluginLoad2
* Can now set the rocket model with sm_birdlauncher_model
Note: Changed file name to BirdLauncher. Make sure you remove the previous version.

Version 1.1.1 - June 8, 2013
*Fixed flags on version cvar

Snaggle 06-12-2011 23:05

Re: [TF2]Bird Launcher

Simply put, sounds awesome.

alexip121093 06-13-2011 02:01

angry bird?
add a special effect when the bird hit something

pheadxdll 06-13-2011 02:36

FindEntityByClassname should be in a loop. As of right now, it only works for one rocket at a time. Optionally, SDKHooks might make this more efficient. Otherwise, cool, birds.

Tylerst 06-13-2011 23:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by pheadxdll (Post 1486969)
FindEntityByClassname should be in a loop. As of right now, it only works for one rocket at a time. Optionally, SDKHooks might make this more efficient. Otherwise, cool, birds.

Whoops, updated. I probably would have caught this, but I went to sleep shortly after posting it. :)

Sreaper 07-06-2011 15:53

this plugin is awesome! tyler, is there any chance you can add a cvar that lets you define a different model?

bobthebuilder 07-06-2011 16:39

any video/screenshot out there?

FlaminSarge 07-06-2011 16:45

2 Attachment(s)
Here's a version that uses SDKHooks, and makes all stickybombs the sitting birds, while all rockets become the flying ones (I couldn't get the animation working correctly).

To use it, anybody with the "o" flag does !birds, and it will display a message saying "your rockets and stickybombs will now/not be birds". To set it to something other than the "o" flag, open up the admin_overrides.cfg file in your sourcemod/configs folder and add the line "sm_birds" "flag", with flag being either empty ("") for everyone to use it or whatever flag you want to set it to.

napalm00 07-06-2011 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlaminSarge (Post 1505124)
Here's a version that uses SDKHooks, and makes all stickybombs the sitting birds, while all rockets become the flying ones (I couldn't get the animation working correctly).

To use it, anybody with the "o" flag does !birds, and it will display a message saying "your rockets and stickybombs will now/not be birds". To set it to something other than the "o" flag, open up the admin_overrides.cfg file in your sourcemod/configs folder and add the line "sm_birds" "flag", with flag being either empty ("") for everyone to use it or whatever flag you want to set it to.

wait LOL do you mean we can still detonate the stickybirds?

Tylerst 07-06-2011 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by napalm00 (Post 1505150)
wait LOL do you mean we can still detonate the stickybirds?

Yes, in both plugins we're just changing the model they use, not the entities themselves.

As I said in my OP you could change the models to just about anything Such as a sticky launcher that shoots pumkins, or a rocket launcher that shoots arrows, or even a stickybomb launcher that shoots rocket launchers that shoots sticky launchers that shoot rocket launchers that...*head asplode*

Note: You can't actually do that last one with this plugin.