AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   New Plugin Submissions (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Break Message and Grenades detector (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=347113)

CT_Spawn 04-02-2024 09:58

Break Message and Grenades detector

2 Attachment(s)
Break Message and Grenades detector

Description:
  • This plugin is inspired by Raheem. This plugin will print a message in the chat if the player breaks anything on the map. The print is done and appears only to the admin or even to all players depending on the options in the cvar. This may be useful in some cases for administrators to find out who is violating the rules. This program is also useful in zombie escape servers.
  • The new thing here is that previous plugins did not show the player break messages that occur by throwing grenades.
Cvars:
  • ct_break_message_type 1 0 = Disabled | 1 = Admins only see | 2 =All player see
  • ct_break_message_bomb_only 0 0 =All message type appear by weapon or grenades | 1 = Only grenades breaking message appear
Installation & Instructions:
  • Let's start learning how to install this plugin, So let's first start with what is the Requirements for this plugin?
    Simply install it like any plugin.
  1. Installing ReAPI Module:
    • Ok very easy also just follow these steps. First download Latest Re-API, Ok after Un-ZIP it
    • He will add files into this folders, here addons/amxmodx/modules and here addons/amxmodx/scripting/*
    • Ok after that there is only one thing you need to do. Go to addons\amxmodx\configs folder and open modules.ini and then come at the end of the file and write: reapi and then close and save.
    • addons\amxmodx\configs\modules.ini
      Code:

;regex
      ;nvault
      ;cstrike
      ;csx
      ;hamsandwich
      reapi

2. plugin Installation:
    • (Same as when you install plugin copy ".amxx" file into plugins folder and go to plugins.ini and write it's name, also you need to define the module to run).
Screenshots:
https://i.imgur.com/i3Df3tH.png

https://i.imgur.com/uLV1UbA.png

Snake. 04-02-2024 11:22

Re: Break Message and Grenades detector

I don't think this is more useful than default one. If you want to upgrade this plugin, i have some ideas: Adding ability to create different say messages for different entities or entity classes. So, players will exactly know which entity exactly or what kind of entity is broken. For example in zombie escape:

Player x has broken a bridge
Player x has broken the bridge in the base

CT_Spawn 04-02-2024 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snake. (Post 2820490)
I don't think this is more useful than default one. If you want to upgrade this plugin, i have some ideas: Adding ability to create different say messages for different entities or entity classes. So, players will exactly know which entity exactly or what kind of entity is broken. For example in zombie escape:

Player x has broken a bridge
Player x has broken the bridge in the base

Okay, I understand, I will look into this idea + thanks.

DJEarthQuake 04-06-2024 05:59

Why is RE needed to make this work? Why not print the classname with pev_classname, of what was broken?

KerwinSweet2003 04-06-2024 06:55

Remove the .amxx which you attached, it is not allowed.

CT_Spawn 04-06-2024 13:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJEarthQuake (Post 2820621)
Why is RE needed to make this work? Why not print the classname with pev_classname, of what was broken?

Pawn is very stupid and has no documentation like any natural language

That's why you've modified pre-existing code, without any additional suffering

CT_Spawn 04-06-2024 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by KerwinSweet2003 (Post 2820627)
Remove the .amxx which you attached, it is not allowed.

But theirs doesn't work because I used external libraries

HamletEagle 04-07-2024 08:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Spawn (Post 2820641)
But theirs doesn't work because I used external libraries

Please remove the .amxx file, you are not allowed to upload compiled plugins. If a plugin is using custom include files, the user will have to compile locally.

Also, it may be a good idea to link to the official reapi download page instead of uploading a copy here.

mlibre 04-07-2024 17:17

look at that back door :grrr:

DJEarthQuake 04-10-2024 07:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT_Spawn (Post 2820640)
Pawn is very stupid and has no documentation like any natural language

That's why you've modified pre-existing code, without any additional suffering

What @Snake. said I basically reiterated. Pawn is on GitHub. There is a manual. There are many TUTS here to look at how to do something. There are many scripts not in TUT/SNIPPET to look at to learn from. There is a Scripting Help section to boot. When making plugins for RE exclusively, it closes many doors. Meaning not everybody uses RE.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joropito (Post 2546839)
In fact, Valve already said that reverse eng it's an infringement but who knows... A lot of plugins, modules and tools here have been done by reverse eng.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...8&postcount=57

Quote:

Hello Sam,

Valve isn't able to offer the GoldSrc source code to the public under open source or other licenses. We aren't going to give you permission to do this project.

You are violating the Steam Subscriber Agreement by reverse engineering the code. You are also violating rights of Id Software and other licensors that are embodied in GoldSrc.

Please confirm back to me in email that you have removed the reverse engineered code from GitHub, and have ceased reverse engineering the code.

-Mike