AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [TF2] Monoculus Spawner (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=170694)

Powerlord 01-12-2012 13:55

Re: [TF2] Monoculus Spawner

I noticed that when this plugin is used on koth_viaduct_event, Monoculus spawning doesn't halt the point capture, reset your health when you enter the underworld, or award the special Uber + crits effect if you pass through the underworld.

I don't suppose your guys know how to fix this?

FlaminSarge 01-12-2012 21:12

The map no longer does any of those things when Monoculus spawns. As Darth said, 'tis a map thing, not a Monoculus thing.
I'm sure there's a way to reproduce 'em, though.

Unreal1 01-12-2012 23:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powerlord (Post 1630234)
I noticed that when this plugin is used on koth_viaduct_event, Monoculus spawning doesn't halt the point capture, reset your health when you enter the underworld, or award the special Uber + crits effect if you pass through the underworld.

I don't suppose your guys know how to fix this?

I havent decompiled the map so I'm not sure, but maybe it requires holidays to be enabled. But I haven't heard that a map forces crits, what brush is that?

DarthNinja 01-13-2012 00:20

It's a scripted sequence of events, only a "real" spawn will trigger it.
Even if you force-spawned the Monoculus while the event was running, it wouldn't do anything to the control point.

FlaminSarge 01-13-2012 01:37

That tf_halloween_force_boss_spawn command might do the trick, so maybe add that as a command here, DN?
sm_eyeboss_spawn, which just runs that command in rcon, stripping its cheat flag while doing so.

Have you taken a look at ghost_spawn, by the way?

byteframe 01-21-2012 19:16

Is it true that while the level can be specified, it only changes the boss health? The event hook thing on eyeboss_summoned, seems to influence the text in the spawn notification, but the level (or more appropriately, the amount of times he was defeated) will still be printed in the chat box. Can I work around this, I'm basically trying to make my monoculus not level up. Thank you.

DarthNinja 01-21-2012 19:57

I'll explain stuff in irc, it's easier that way.

imbullg0d 01-28-2012 19:56

Hey guys, I'm having trouble getting this working. I've loaded Sarge's version and I cant seem to get it to work.

Whenever you type !voteeye or !voteeyeboss, it tells me: [SM] This vote trigger has been disabled by the server.

Not sure why I'm getting this, !votehhh works fine for the hhh plugin.. Help?
Do I need to change something in the .sp and recompile? I'm trying to make it so 1 vote will get it and a 120 sec interval. I have eye's health set at 1000 in the server.cfg.

Help please? Thanks..

Do I need to edit these on the .sp and recompile?

Code:

#define ADMFLAG_EYEBOSS        ADMFLAG_CUSTOM3
        Cvar_Eyeboss_AllowPublic = CreateConVar("sm_eyeboss_allowvoting", "0", "Allow public Monoculus voting?(1/0 = yes/no)", _, true, 0.0, true, 1.0);
        Cvar_Eyeboss_Votesneeded = CreateConVar("sm_eyeboss_votesneeded", "0.50", "Percent of votes required for successful Monoculus vote. (0.50 = 50%)", _, true, 0.10, true, 1.0);
        Cvar_Eyeboss_VoteDelay = CreateConVar("sm_eyeboss_votedelay", "120.0", "Delay time in seconds between calling votes.");

Does that ADMFLAG_EYEBOSS ADMFLAG_CUSTOM3 need to be changed in order for my lower admins to be able to use it, say KICK flag?
And how about the Cvars? Should i edit them in the .sp and recompile or just add them in the server.cfg?

byteframe 01-29-2012 05:28

I see how you can change the starting health of the boss.

by teh by, can you make it so it spawns all angry?

edit: nm you can just set the max health to something really high :)

imbullg0d 01-29-2012 18:58

Still looking for some help.

Anyone know why I'm getting this error?
Whenever you type !voteeye or !voteeyeboss, it tells me: [SM] This vote trigger has been disabled by the server.
Do I need to change anything on the .sp file to enable the vote trigger for this? Works fine for !votehhh..
I can spawn the eyeboss using sm_eyeboss, it just wont work thru the vote.