AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [CS:S] Poison Smoke (Version 1.2, Updated 2011-11-29) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=158363)

Peace-Maker 06-03-2011 18:17

[CS:S] Poison Smoke (Version 1.2, Updated 2011-11-29)

2 Attachment(s)
Poison Smoke

Description
This plugin turns every smokegrenade into a damagedealing poison smoke, damaging everyone who walks through the smoke.

The smoke damage obeys the mp_friendlyfire setting and frags are awarded to the player throwing the grenade.

This has been requested by Anta and i always wanted to create such a plugin;)

Thanks to Zero's mate for his idea to place a colored light inside the smoke to change the color!

The usage of this plugin is restriced to admins with the custom1 flag. If you want to enable it for everyone, you have to add an override for "poison_grenade" "" in your configs/admin_overrides.cfg.

Requirements

ConVars
  • sm_posionsmoke_version - ...
  • sm_poisonsmoke_damage - How much damage should we deal to the players in the smoke? (Default: 5)
  • sm_poisonsmoke_seconds - Deal damage every x seconds. (Default 1)
  • sm_poisonsmoke_color_t - What color should the smoke be for grenades thrown by terrorists? Format: \"red green blue\" from 0 - 255. (Default: "20 250 50")
  • sm_poisonsmoke_color_ct - What color should the smoke be for grenades thrown by counter-terrorists? Format: \"red green blue\" from 0 - 255. (Default: "20 250 50")
  • sm_poisonsmoke_team - Which teams should be allowed to use poison smokes? 0: Both, 1: T, 2: CT (Default: 0)

Total downloads prior update: 198

Changelog
Quote:

2011-11-29 Version 1.2:
  • Different smoke colors per team
  • Ability to set damage to 0, so it only colors the smoke

2011-11-16 Version 1.1:
  • Added color to smokes
  • Added admin only override
  • Added team restriction convar
2011-06-04 Version 1.0:
  • Initial release

Note
: This plugin won't compile in the forum due to the need of SDKHooks.

databomb 06-03-2011 19:01

Re: [CS:S] Poison Smoke (Version 1.0)

I think blackops made a tear gas plugin already but it might have been unapproved because I can't find it any longer. There's also one for a different mod that could change the colors. At least one of them replaced the stock entity with an env_smokestack entity which allows you to change the colors. They didn't have the rest of your features iirc.

sinblaster 06-04-2011 05:11

man this is awesome. Unfortunately my smoke nades are being used by Homing Missiles. You make some darn impressive mods Peace-Maker

Groger 06-04-2011 05:34

Just 2 thoughs, add a flag checking command, so people can incorparate this for there donaters. And a cvar so we can disable it for a certain team, only T or only CT.
Anyway, this is pretty awsome for jail servers. Thx!

MindeLT 06-04-2011 11:36

I've edited Poison colored smoke plugin for my VIP-Zombie system. Worked well.

You may have a look in this, i think you'll find that you need :) It also have admin check, so only donators can use smoke :)

Peace-Maker 06-04-2011 12:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindeLT (Post 1481154)
I've created Poison colored smoke plugin for my VIP-Zombie system. Worked well.

You may have a look in this, i think you'll find that you need :) It also have admin check, so only donators can use smoke :)

Are you sure you've created that? That looks pretty much the same as an other plugin i've read earlier today. You may don't want to steal credits for other people's hard work. Don't spread small modificated plugins and remove the whole credit.

As to the env_smokestack. I don't want to replace the normal smoke alltogether, as there might be some slight differences players may be used to. Well, as i think of it, this plugin won't be on any competitive server anyways, so i'll just do that way around :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groger (Post 1481009)
Just 2 thoughs, add a flag checking command, so people can incorparate this for there donaters. And a cvar so we can disable it for a certain team, only T or only CT.
Anyway, this is pretty awsome for jail servers. Thx!

Will do that:)

MindeLT 06-04-2011 15:50

Yes, saying created is selfish. Edited sounds more fairly.

bandit 06-06-2011 13:57

Another fabulous plugin by peace

Dagunchi 06-15-2011 21:46

Can you add green Color please for smoke?

RedSword 06-18-2011 02:24

"Posion Smoke"

Did you mean "potion" xD ?

Also... you might want to take a look at the plugin :

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1280363

Maybe you can try replacing the entity smoke grenade created by normal smokes by his... (for green gas)

Also a "coughing" effect would be cool (and easier to understand; so you don't think you're being shot).