AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Module Coding (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   [SOLVED] Module Compile Error - Unresolved External Symbol (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=227720)

Shooting King 10-06-2013 12:22

[SOLVED] Module Compile Error - Unresolved External Symbol

PHP Code:

1>------ Build startedProjectcsxConfigurationDebug Win32 ------
1>Build started 10/6/2013 3:28:31 AM.
1>InitializeBuildStatus:
1>  Touching "Debug\csx.unsuccessfulbuild".
1>ClCompile:
1>  CMisc.cpp
>C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Backup\Tutorials\Amxx Modules\Hl sdk\hlsdk-2.3-p3\multiplayer\engine\eiface.h(416): warning C4005'ARRAYSIZE' macro redefinition
>          C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\include\winnt.h(1140) : see previous definition of 'ARRAYSIZE'
1>C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Backup\Tutorials\Amxx Modules\Metamod Sdk\metamod-1.19\metamod\meta_api.error C4335Mac file format detectedplease convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
>  CRank.cpp
>C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Backup\Tutorials\Amxx Modules\Hl sdk\hlsdk-2.3-p3\multiplayer\engine\eiface.h(416): warning C4005'ARRAYSIZE' macro redefinition
>          C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\include\winnt.h(1140) : see previous definition of 'ARRAYSIZE'
1>C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Backup\Tutorials\Amxx Modules\Metamod Sdk\metamod-1.19\metamod\meta_api.error C4335Mac file format detectedplease convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format
>  meta_api.cpp
>  rank.cpp
>  usermsg.cpp
>  amxxmodule.cpp
>..\sdk\amxxmodule.cpp(2064): error C2065'SVN_VERSION' undeclared identifier
>..\sdk\amxxmodule.cpp(2427): error C2065'SVN_VERSION' undeclared identifier
>  Generating Code...
1>
1>Build FAILED.
1>
1>Time Elapsed 00:00:06.04 

Bos93 10-06-2013 13:11

Re: Module Compile Error

comment this define and convert the source file to either DOS or UNIX format with notepad

claudiuhks 10-06-2013 15:31

Make sure SVN_VERSION is declared before to be used.

Shooting King 10-06-2013 23:59

This is CSX module given by AmxModx SDK it self and the rest is from HLSDK, Microsoft SDK, MetaModSDK. Why should we have to edit it ??

claudiuhks 10-07-2013 05:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shooting King (Post 2046072)
This is CSX module given by AmxModx SDK it self and the rest is from HLSDK, Microsoft SDK, MetaModSDK. Why should we have to edit it ??

Make sure your HLSDK and Meta Mod header files are alright. There are many versions that mismatch. Please try to edit as required, otherwise, I'll publish when I'll get home an archive containing these headers that work. Also I'll post some explanations.

Shooting King 10-08-2013 01:27

I don't understand why should you edit these SDK's ?? Doesn't these error's be rectified my Valve or respective SDK organisations ?? Or Does these people use another compiler ??

commonbullet 10-08-2013 23:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shooting King (Post 2046509)
I don't understand why should you edit these SDK's ?? Doesn't these error's be rectified my Valve or respective SDK organisations ?? Or Does these people use another compiler ??

It's been a long time since the latest "official" HLSDK was released. Some changes have been made in order to prevent errors and warnings on newer compilers. It's now being updated on github; you might want use the one provided on http://hg.alliedmods.net/hl2sdks since that's the source for amxmodx builds.

You should get rid of those "Mac file format detected" if you use the metamod-am from http://hg.alliedmods.net (recommended).

joropito 10-09-2013 09:14

If you use valve provided SDK you have to compile using VC6.0

There's a pull request to support VC++ 2010

https://github.com/ValveSoftware/halflife/pull/1375

Also you have to fix SVN_VERSION issue maybe you can define it in your project properties

Shooting King 10-10-2013 03:07

Ok. Thanks. Now my Head is Flooding with these suggestions :D. I have converted some of metamod headers from Mac Format and edited some errors :/. Now it shows a New Compilation error :(.
PHP Code:

1>------ Build startedProjectcsxConfigurationDebug Win32 ------
1>Build started 10/8/2013 10:33:24 PM.
1>InitializeBuildStatus:
1>  Touching "Debug\csx.unsuccessfulbuild".
1>ClCompile:
1>  CMisc.cpp
>  CRank.cpp
>  meta_api.cpp
>  rank.cpp
>  usermsg.cpp
>  amxxmodule.cpp
>  Generating Code...
1>Link:
1>     Creating library .\Debug/csx_amxx.lib and object .\Debug/csx_amxx.exp
>amxxmodule.obj error LNK2019unresolved external symbol "void __cdecl UTIL_LogPrintf(char const *,...)" (?UTIL_LogPrintf@@YAXPBDZZreferenced in function _Meta_Query
>C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Backup\Tutorials\Amxx Modules\Amxx sdk\amxmodx-central-81ff4ff3da92\dlls\cstrike\csx\msvc10\Debug\csx_amxx.dll fatal error LNK11201 unresolved externals
>
1>Build FAILED.
1>
1>Time Elapsed 00:00:06.68
========== Build0 succeeded1 failed0 up-to-date0 skipped ========== 

I am using "metamod-1.19" SDK. Will it cause any problems ??

joropito 10-10-2013 09:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shooting King (Post 2047205)
I am using "metamod-1.19" SDK. Will it cause any problems ??

You have to use latest amxmodx/metamod/hlsdk sources supported by amxmodx