AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Steam Games Help... (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=44131)

codraptor 08-30-2006 16:30

Steam Games Help...

Omg someone please help me none of my steam games wont play. Heres what happens when I start them at the loading page it looks like its going to work but the game shuts off and I cant play them no matter what I do I restarted my computer and all but it wont work someone please help me...

styrofoamxplate 08-30-2006 16:53

Re: Steam Games Help...

I think it's a Steam issue because me and my friends are having the same problem.

styrofoamxplate 08-30-2006 16:59

It works now for me

codraptor 08-30-2006 21:24

Same its working again.

george7004 08-31-2006 16:36

yeah it was their darn august 30 update...

I was bout to break my comp

haha :(

Lord_Destros 08-31-2006 19:12

What did the update add anyways? Not at home right now.

Zenith77 08-31-2006 20:32

Yet more bugs. Instead of squishing them, VALVe has this magic ablitiy to just crank them out of nowhere.

FaFu 09-01-2006 13:51

rooger that?

codraptor 09-01-2006 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord_Destros (Post 375854)
What did the update add anyways? Not at home right now.

All they did was add some more demos. But they are all a complete waste of time...

Pro Patria Finland 09-02-2006 05:00

Quote:

Updates to the Steam Client have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Steam Client

* Friends now displays the game you are playing to all your friends
* Attempting to add a Friend who doesn't have a Steam account will now give you the option to send them an email, inviting them to become one
* The words 'valve' or 'steam' are no longer available for use in the Friends name
* Fixed game install dialog over estimating install size for games that shared content
* Added a "Don't Show me Again" checkbox to the System Requirements dialog for games
* Fixed FPS drop after running a listen server

Note There was initially a Counter-Strike 1.6 crash caused by this update, but that has since been fixed
A stupid update, IMO...

This is an opportunity rant (yay!):
Steam has become the biggest adware issue on my computer. If I try to play normal HL through Steam, it wants to connect to the internet so it can show the advert while loading... Plus all those advertisement on the Steam program are ridicolous.

And the latest thing that really got me is that Pop Cap games thing. Oh god. Why? WHY?

Oh, and I also forgot that line on the update: "Attempting to add a Friend who doesn't have a Steam account will now give you the option to send them an email, inviting them to become one"

:rolleyes: