AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Approved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   TS vote blocker (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=20134)

Maddo 11-02-2005 10:44

TS vote blocker

1 Attachment(s)
Quick little plugin to block the built-in map voting feature of TS. Players typing in "vote map..." or "votemap..." into chat will receive a message indicating that voting is blocked on the server. I wrote this plugin since amxx screws up this voting anyway (no matter what you vote for, it will just go to the map in amx_nextmap if it is successful) and amxmodx has better voting facilities anyway.

Requirements: AMXX (no extra modules)
Tested with 1.0 and 1.60

Charming 11-04-2005 19:44

This isnt very good plugin cant u just disable voting anyways ?

Maddo 11-04-2005 20:35

If there's a way to turn off the *built in* TS voting, I'd love to hear it.

Incase you didn't read or understand what I wrote above, this map voting feature is built directly into the TS mod, and has absolutely nothing to do with metamod or amxx.

Charming 11-04-2005 21:44

oh didnt think of that but there wasnt no reason to lower my karma for a simple question.

Maddo 11-04-2005 22:08

I don't want to get into a big thing here, but that was not a "simple question". You come in here, you say the plugin isn't very good even though you haven't even tried it out, and don't understand what it's supposed to do. I don't mind answering questions about it, if you at least read the first post thoroughly before you ask, and you refrain from criticism before you have adaquete information.

Charming 11-04-2005 22:51

yes i do know what it does it stops the voting of maps and other votes etc such as a duel server for example you want it on 1 map only in a duel server for a clan etc u use this plugin and make that simpler then disabling it the harder way so u made a plugin to make it easy to disable voting. so the map wont change it will stay on duel_bladefu_final etc.

Maddo 11-04-2005 23:14

What do you mean when you say instead of disabling it the harder way? Is there another way of turning off map voting in TS? I wrote this plugin because I didn't think there was another way.

Charming 11-04-2005 23:18

yes there is another way but this way is much better good job well ima go for now because i need some sleep :P

colby 11-05-2005 18:14

Great plugin Maddo, I didn't even know about the built-in votemap feature. Guess I'll be using this to block people from voting for maps not in the cycle.

Maddo 11-05-2005 22:25

Thanks Colby

Update:
Turns out I missed a few valid voting cases

not only do these work:
vote map <mapname>
votemap <mapname>

but also without the spaces:
vote map<mapname>
votemap<mapname>

and even with extra spaces: (underscore representing spaces)
vote________map________<mapname>
etc.

So the new version takes care of these cases where you could get around the vote-block simply by adding extra spaces between the words