AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [L4D2] sv_steamgroup fixer (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=300683)

asherkin 08-25-2017 14:14

[L4D2] sv_steamgroup fixer

1 Attachment(s)
This plugin fixes a rather silly bug in L4D2 where for some Steam Groups, setting sv_steamgroup correctly will link to a different Steam Group on the MOTD.

This is required for anyone with a Steam Group ID higher than 16777216 (and only for those people) for the Join Group button to work correctly.

Technical description:
Spoiler

Enjoy!

Tehcookeh 08-25-2017 21:16

Re: [L4D2] sv_steamgroup fixer

Thanks again for your help solving the issue earlier in the previous thread. I'm sure there are other servers out there effected by Valve's goof. And now an easy fix!

Sahrechiiz 08-25-2017 22:26

I put it in and restart the server.

sm plugins list shows it's fail to load.

59 <Failed> "sv_steamgroup fixer" (1.1.0) by asherkin

So i try to compile it on my server.

SourcePawn Compiler 1.6.3
Copyright (c) 1997-2006, ITB CompuPhase, (C)2004-2008 AlliedModders, LLC

sv_steamgroup_fixer.sp(4) : warning 207: unknown #pragma
sv_steamgroup_fixer.sp(4) : error 038: extra characters on line
sv_steamgroup_fixer.sp(8) : error 001: expected token: ";", but found "-identifier-"
sv_steamgroup_fixer.sp(14) : error 010: invalid function or declaration
sv_steamgroup_fixer.sp(16) : error 010: invalid function or declaration
sv_steamgroup_fixer.sp(18) : error 010: invalid function or declaration
sv_steamgroup_fixer.sp(22) : error 010: invalid function or declaration
sv_steamgroup_fixer.sp(25) : error 010: invalid function or declaration
sv_steamgroup_fixer.sp(27) : error 010: invalid function or declaration
sv_steamgroup_fixer.sp(33) : error 001: expected token: ";", but found "-identifier-"
sv_steamgroup_fixer.sp(49) : error 021: symbol already defined: "void"
sv_steamgroup_fixer.sp(49) : error 017: undefined symbol "convar"
sv_steamgroup_fixer.sp(49) : error 029: invalid expression, assumed zero
sv_steamgroup_fixer.sp(49) : fatal error 127: too many error messages on one line

Compilation aborted.
13 Errors.

asherkin 08-26-2017 05:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahrechiiz (Post 2544401)
SourcePawn Compiler 1.6.3

Your SourceMod version is ancient and unsupported.

Dwolff22 09-17-2017 09:31

MAte the plugin work only at the 1 campaing.if i change to another the group changes again to the wrong one =/

PatriotGames 10-03-2017 15:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwolff22 (Post 2549254)
MAte the plugin work only at the 1 campaign.if i change to another the group changes again to the wrong one =/

This is my experience too. Even on map change the "Join this servers steam group" link reverts back to the incorrect steam group. Hope you can address this issue because the plugin would be very helpful.

Cheers,

PG

Sahrechiiz 11-03-2017 19:27

Finally got sometime to deal with my old server... I now use the latest stable release of sm.
After some testing. It's not working.(sm1.8.0.6035 mm1.10.7-dev)

Visual77 01-01-2018 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriotGames (Post 2552381)
This is my experience too. Even on map change the "Join this servers steam group" link reverts back to the incorrect steam group. Hope you can address this issue because the plugin would be very helpful.

Cheers,

PG

This might be a shot in the dark, but it could work. Add this to source file and recompile.

Code:

public void OnMapStart()
{
        FixSteamGroupId();
}

DarkDeviL 01-01-2018 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Visual77 (Post 2569231)
This might be a shot in the dark, but it could work. Add this to source file and recompile.

Code:

public void OnMapStart()
{
        FixSteamGroupId();
}

A call to "FixSteamGroupId();" from any kind of events where you find it "breaking it's functionality" may re-fix it again. ;)

If you believe you can afford the calculations on your system without eventually compromising the quality of your game server, you could even add it to be run more often using things like round start, player spawn, etc.

peptobismal 01-06-2018 01:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Visual77 (Post 2569231)
Code:

public void OnMapStart()
{
        FixSteamGroupId();
}

I have found that the above does not seem to work... and it sometimes actually changes the Steam Group that I used to see to a completely different Steam Group.

So... I think reloading the FixSteamGroupId() on map start probably isn't a great idea if it's already "fixed"? Maybe? So I tried compiling it with OnMapStart() being closely resembling of OnPluginStart() and placing it above the OnSteamGroupChanged() or whatever function... this as well fails to compile and seems to be a bit more of a headache than necessary for such a simple plugin.

I think since I found that server.cfg is loaded every map start that a simple addition of "sm plugins reload sv_steamgroup_fixer" may be a better solution or might run into the same issue? I dunno, it's not exactly outputting or actually changing the sv_steamgroup in the config file... so, I guess I will try it out? Or maybe add an "exec <config file>" with this command (and other quick little sm commands that seem to be not changing permanently) in place so that I don't have to mess with it?