AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   General (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   [ANY?/CSGO] Beta Client breaking MOTD/Website Popups (?) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=308279)

Lubricant Jam 06-14-2018 03:13

[ANY?/CSGO] Beta Client breaking MOTD/Website Popups (?)

Hey all,

We all know about this new update Steam released yesterday in regards to the new Steam Beta Client which has a lot of chat changes and the way the in-game overlay etc works.

After my testing it seems that any plugins that create web shortcuts (for example, !forums will open your servers forums) no longer work. I haven't been able to test much but I have this theory as I was trying to configure some new web commands and straight after the beta client none of my in-game commands which open URLs worked.

Once I reverted this update all was working perfectly as if nothing happened. I would like to ask you all to check your servers after this client update and see if this is the case for you. It might have to be fixed their side or sourcemod's that I am unsure of but I cannot confirm or deny this is true without others inputs.

Thanks,
Lubricant Jam.

AceNetworks 06-14-2018 03:24

Re: [ANY?/CSGO] Beta Client breaking MOTD/Website Popups (?)

I use the new update and getting the same issues :/ i hope they fix this

Lubricant Jam 06-14-2018 04:26

Seems in the new steam update also they are disabling play embedded videos automatically on the new update also which means if you run advertisements to support your servers then it's very bad news.

ThatKidWhoGames 06-14-2018 05:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lubricant Jam (Post 2596883)
Seems in the new steam update also they are disabling play embedded videos automatically on the new update also which means if you run advertisements to support your servers then it's very bad news.

I don't get why Valve intentionally fucks over community servers like this when server hosts are the thing keeping their games alive. Not to mention, server hosts are also helping Valve fit players onto more servers.

Lubricant Jam 06-14-2018 05:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatKidWhoGames (Post 2596886)
I don't get why Valve intentionally fucks over community servers like this when server hosts are the thing keeping their games alive. Not to mention, server hosts are also helping Valve fit players onto more servers.

After further testing, although it says that in their steam client update log, they still seem to work on the MOTD (cannot test in-game yet as it's still bugged, although they are rolling out bug fixes for the new beta so hopefully the whole thread will be fixed)

nosoop 06-14-2018 06:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatKidWhoGames (Post 2596886)

ho-ho-hold the fuck up, I'm all about the community server circlejerk too but this is a Chromium configuration; no intentional action by Valve here.

Seems fine on TF2; between my test and production servers, audio streaming, default MOTDs, profile pages all work fine barring some inconsistencies that I CBA to sort out (which also occur without the client beta update).

Both CS:GO and TF2 seem to have problems with popups while using the Steam Client Beta along with my cache buster setup (which is more of a headache for CS:GO), but background pages seem fine; my listen.moe plugin still works.

The Steam overlay user agent indicates that Steam is running CEF based off of Chromium 65 (try searching up "get user agent" on Google), so no autoplay rules should be in place for the time being. You can check the current version according to client update notes indicating changes to "internal web views".

You can verify that autoplay works with these test pages in the overlay. Keep in mind that autoplay will be restricted to WebAudio only from existing CEF builds based on Chromium 66 onward, then expected to be not at all doable in 70+.

Lubricant Jam 06-14-2018 08:54

Like I said prior, I don't think they'll want to get rid of it as it's within their interest to please the community with the state of CSGO currently.

SM9 06-14-2018 10:55

Lets hope all these issues are fixed before they roll out the update to main steam branch.