AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   News (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Recent CS:GO "GSLT" bans and SourceMod (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=279854)

psychonic 03-02-2016 19:29

Recent CS:GO "GSLT" bans and SourceMod

Most Counter-Strike: Global Offensive server operators are aware of Valve's relatively new server "guidelines" that have been posted on the CS:GO website, http://blog.counter-strike.net/index...er_guidelines/. However, there are still some users that are finding themselves having their accounts' Game Server Login Tokens banned without understanding why.

To try to help avoid users unintentionally triggering the rule-breaking detection in CS:GO, we have added a new opt-out feature that will block plugin behavior that we know to be triggering this. We probably haven't caught everything, and detection can change in future game updates, but we feel that this is a good place to start. It's also possible for plugins to bypass this intentionally or otherwise, but it covers the most common cases and we do plan to make it more robust with future revisions. This feature, controllable by the new "FollowCSGOServerGuidelines" option in SourceMod's core.cfg file (default "yes") is available in SourceMod builds 1.7.3.5301, 1.8.0.5868 and later. If you really desire to put your account in jeopardy, you can also disable it right in the cfg file with minimal hassle. None of the logic is active for games other than CS:GO.

With the "FollowCSGOServerGuidelines" option enabled, when a plugin attempts to use functionality that we know to be red-flagged, an error will be thrown. As with any native errors thrown in SourceMod, execution of the function will be halted and an error recorded to console and the error log. The error will give details on what specifically was done to trigger it.

Franc1sco 03-02-2016 20:06

Re: Recent CS:GO "GSLT" bans and SourceMod

This will be very useful for know what is banned exactly.

So "m_nModelIndex" will not trigger the ban? Then if I remove this code of my plugin for custom models will be safe?

hlstriker 03-02-2016 21:08

Thank you for this, psychonic :>

Hallucinogenic Troll 03-02-2016 22:06

So currently all the plugins which are red-flagged are the ones listed below?
  • The Custom Weapon Paints (Known as !ws)
  • The Knife Upgrade Plugin (Or similars, knowns as !knife)
  • The Matchmaking/Badges/Profile Ranks (Known as !mm, !coin, !profile)
  • (Maybe) The Custom Weapon Models Menu (known as !cw)
  • (Maybe) The Custom Knife Models Menu (known as !ck)
  • (Maybe) The Zephyrus Store IF CONTAINS the custom knife module

EDIT: If I missed some plugin which interferes with Valve's Server Guidelines, let me know and I will edit this once again.

lay295 03-03-2016 03:34

Just curious, did you check to see if changing m_iItemDefinitionIndex by itself triggers a ban? I still use it very frequently and haven't been caught in the most recent ban waves...

Dragonidas 03-03-2016 06:54

nice :)

psychonic 03-03-2016 09:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by lay295 (Post 2398876)
Just curious, did you check to see if changing m_iItemDefinitionIndex by itself triggers a ban? I still use it very frequently and haven't been caught in the most recent ban waves...

Can you give me a small plugin that demonstrates a use case for this to test with?

KnoXviLLe 03-03-2016 11:56

I found bypass GSLT ban.Now GG Valve :)

lay295 03-03-2016 16:16

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by psychonic (Post 2398923)
Can you give me a small plugin that demonstrates a use case for this to test with?

Sure, here's what I use it for. the command is !deagle and it spawns a deagle with it's Item Definition to be the same as the AWP.

psychonic 03-03-2016 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by lay295 (Post 2399025)
Sure, here's what I use it for. the command is !deagle and it spawns a deagle with it's Item Definition to be the same as the AWP.

A brief test suggests that this is indeed okay, at least for using the defindex of a stock weapon. I will conduct more testing when time permits.