AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Approved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Daylight Changer (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=365)

[RED-Designs] 03-20-2004 08:34

Daylight Changer

1 Attachment(s)
This is a updated version of Daylight changer by Downtown1. I converted it to AMXX 0.15 and up and also added a new cvar. The new cvar controlls if the daylight changing happens or not.

Documentation:

Daylight Changer is a plugin that sits on your server. Every hour it darkens or lightens the map by time of day. At around noon it should be light, at around 11 it should be almost pitch black.

Cvars:
* sv_daylight - <1 = on| 0 = off> Controlls if daylight changer takes effect. MAY require to be saved in the server.cfg file and the map changed.

Future ideas:
Add printing of change[?]("Changing the lighting by hour")

DoubleTap 03-20-2004 11:27

I am glad to see some of the fun toys coming back here with updates... Seeing the amx_f*ck stuff when things started really had me wondering where Mod X was going. This will be one in my toolbin when I convert for sure. I already have a running list :)

Vic/DT

[RED-Designs] 03-20-2004 11:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleTap
I am glad to see some of the fun toys coming back here with updates... Seeing the amx_f*ck stuff when things started really had me wondering where Mod X was going. This will be one in my toolbin when I convert for sure. I already have a running list :)

Vic/DT

Good to hear. :D

I used Daylight Changer but got annoyed that I couldnt just change it on or off without pausing it so I added a cvar to this already great plugin. :D

MagicShot 03-20-2004 23:19

Yay!!

Yay,
Someone finally realse a verion with a cvar lol
not hard to do but still its the point!!

Thanx!! Red

QwertyAccess 03-20-2004 23:26

is szLights the same as SetlLights? whats the diffrence setLights is gone O_o.

DoubleTap 03-21-2004 00:05

Quote:

I used Daylight Changer but got annoyed that I couldnt just change it on or off without pausing it so I added a cvar to this already great plugin. :D
Downtown1 is a seriously talented guy... he is unfortunately also an unresponsive dipshit... you have seen here in other threads... HE WANTS WANTS WANTS... but has given back little. He doesn't support ANYTHING he writes... What he did concerning Spacedudes WC3 I wont ever forget... but with Dopefish (What I personsally use) and Pimp Daddy (Have indirectly supported via InsaneJustice.com) making GOOD supported version... I can forgive... Throwing a plugin out there but not supporting it for others doesn't help the community... just MAKING IT, dont really mean alot... it has to have options and flexibility.

Vic/DT

[RED-Designs] 03-21-2004 00:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by QwertyAccess
is szLights the same as SetlLights? whats the diffrence setLights is gone O_o.

szLights holds the light amount. set_lights is the new version of the SetLights function. Hope that clears it up :D

Quote:

Quote:

Downtown1 is a seriously talented guy... he is unfortunately also an unresponsive dipshit... you have seen here in other threads... HE WANTS WANTS WANTS... but has given back little. He doesn't support ANYTHING he writes... What he did concerning Spacedudes WC3 I wont ever forgive... but with Dopefish (What I personsally use) and Pimp Daddy (Have indirectly supported via InsaneJustice.com) making GOOD supported version... I can forgive... Throwing a plugin out there but not supporting it for others doesn't help the community... just MAKING IT, dont really mean alot... it has to have options and flexibility.

Vic/DT

Making, supporting, fixing, upgrading, and just overall keeping active with your plugins makes the plugin better. Making a plugin and then droping it to never support or change things is just the same as making a plugin that crashes the server everytime its on there.

DoubleTap 03-26-2004 13:51

Hey Red... how about some documentation here... it says it's running on my server but there is not a thing telling anyone anything about using this plugin...

Vic/DT

It may work... but I'd have to know what the settings are first :)

[RED-Designs] 03-26-2004 13:56

Quote:

Hey Red... how about some documentation here... it says it's running on my server but there is not a thing telling anyone anything about using this plugin...

Vic/DT

It may work... but I'd have to know what the settings are first :)

Will do, I'll add info to the top. Sorry about that. Also, should I add a print_chat for when it changes? Like "Changing the lighting by hour..." and it changes the lighting?

This plugin works when tested on 0.15 of AMXX, may not or may have been broken with 0.16

DoubleTap 03-26-2004 14:08

Re: Daylight Changer

Quote:

Originally Posted by "[RED-Designs

Cvars:
* sv_dc - <on|off> Controlls if daylight changer takes effect. MAY require to be saved in the server.cfg file and the map changed.

This wont be good... if it cannot be turned on and off on the fly it will severely restrict my usage of it...

] sv_dc on
Unknown command: sv_dc

Vic/DT

Added to server.cfg as well and nothing shows it as on or off... ideas ?