AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Source Servers (SRCDS) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   [TF2] "Server is running a newer version of the game" (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=218058)

404UserNotFound 06-10-2013 19:36

[TF2] "Server is running a newer version of the game"

Anyone else getting this? I just finally reinstalled my servers in the proper directory on my dedi, got my PHPMyAdmin set up with a SourceBans database and SQL Admins database, and got the servers started up.

Now every time I try to connect to any of my servers, it tells me they're running a new version of the game.

What gives?

EDIT: Weird, I opted into the Steam Beta, and when I started up TF2 after Steam restarted, it says it's updating.

Horsedick 06-10-2013 19:54

Re: [TF2] "Server is running a newer version of the game"

We just had this very same thread opened a while back, servers got updated but your client did not. Just gotta wait till your client is hit.

404UserNotFound 06-10-2013 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horsedick (Post 1968426)
We just had this very same thread opened a while back, servers got updated but your client did not. Just gotta wait till your client is hit.

Yep. Today has been weird for me. First, PHPMyAdmin issues, then issues with disk space caused by my own stupidity in putting my servers in the "/root/" folder, now this weird bunch of TF2 server/client stuff which has since resolved itself.

Gotta love the way the world works.

Powerlord 06-10-2013 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by abrandnewday (Post 1968422)
Anyone else getting this? I just finally reinstalled my servers in the proper directory on my dedi, got my PHPMyAdmin set up with a SourceBans database and SQL Admins database, and got the servers started up.

Now every time I try to connect to any of my servers, it tells me they're running a new version of the game.

What gives?

EDIT: Weird, I opted into the Steam Beta, and when I started up TF2 after Steam restarted, it says it's updating.

There was an update earlier today, and Valve's started pushing the update out to servers before they're pushed to clients.

The server update wasn't actually announced until 5 minutes after you posted, but it may have been available through SteamCMD before that.

404UserNotFound 06-10-2013 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powerlord (Post 1968431)
There was an update earlier today, and Valve's started pushing the update out to servers before they're pushed to clients.

The server update wasn't actually announced until 5 minutes after you posted, but it may have been available through SteamCMD before that.

That is correct, sir.

1nsane 06-12-2013 16:09

I've had this happen to both myself and my friends.

After the steampipe update your steam client sometimes won't get the update immediately and will let you launch the old version. Restarting it does fix it, but I wonder how many confused players are out there don't realize this.