AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [CS:GO] Zombie Deathmatch (v0.1.2, 2021-01-09) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=329690)

Grey Echo 01-03-2021 15:18

[CS:GO] Zombie Deathmatch (v0.1.2, 2021-01-09)

Zombie Deathmatch for CS:GO

Every round starts all players as Survivors (Counter-Terrorists) against bot-controlled Zombies (Terrorists). Survivors cannot respawn; if they die to a Zombie or otherwise, they are respawned as a Zombie. Zombies, however, respawn shortly after dying. If all Survivors are killed, Zombies win; if at least one Survivor manages to stay alive by the time the round ends, Survivors win.

To encourage run-and-gun tactics as opposed to camping, Survivors cannot jump. They can, however, buy weapons and grenades at the start of every round to supplement or replace their randomly-generated loadout. They can also use their flashlight (F key by default) to light up areas that are otherwise dark. Zombies, on the other hand, can jump, but can only ever use their claws (reskinned knife) to attack and do not have a flashlight or analogous tool to help them see.

Yes, this is Yet Another Zombie-themed Mod™, but this one has been written from scratch for CS:GO and SourceMod 1.10, and we think it offers an interesting experience that makes for more exciting gameplay, blending together some of the best features of those other mods to produce something that's better than the sum of its parts and discourages players from camping without being too obtrusive.

Features
  • Both player-controlled and bot-controlled Zombies are supported; all players start each round as Survivors, but become Zombies themselves if they die to the endless stream of bot-controlled Zombies.
  • Compatible with Maxximou5's Deathmatch plugin and Grey83's Gun Menu plugin; see the 'Requirements' section of this post for details.
  • If all human players are spectating, bots spawn both as Survivors and Zombies for your viewing enjoyment. :wink:
  • Custom player model and knife view and world models for Zombies are included; see the 'Credits' section of this post for details.
  • Maps with fog are automatically made even foggier to make them more spooky and mysterious.
  • Extra blood and gore when Zombies or Survivors take damage.
  • Flashlights are enabled for Survivors; press F (by default) to toggle your flashlight.
  • Fire from incendiary grenades burn Survivors and Zombies for at least 3 seconds, so be careful where you throw!

Screenshots
https://github.com/jamespizzurro/csg...omo1_thumb.jpg https://github.com/jamespizzurro/csg...omo2_thumb.jpg

Server List
By default, all Zombie Deathmatch servers will spawn bots when the first human player joins the server, so feel free to join any of the servers below to begin playing, even the ones that are showing as empty right now.
Don't see your Zombie Deathmatch server listed above? Let us know so we can add it to this list!

Requirements
  • A dedicated server running CS:GO's vanilla Deathmatch mode with the following installed:
If you choose to use Maxximou5's Deathmatch plugin in addition to the requirements above, make sure to set "dm_enable_valve_deathmatch" to "yes" in your addons/sourcemod/configs/deathmatch/deathmatch.ini file, but note that using this plugin is not required. You may also choose to use Grey83's Gun Menu plugin instead, particularly if you run into any issues getting Maxximou5's plugin working. Here are some suggested config values for the latter.

If you'd like to edit the starting HP of Survivors or Zombies, install the Set Start Health plugin or a similar plugin.

Dependencies
This plugin depends on no other SourceMod plugins.

Recommendations
  • It's highly recommended you host your server with FastDL; this plugin includes some custom models and materials that your players may not have downloaded before, and without a FastDL server to download those assets from, by default, players will not be able to join your server. Check out this post for details.
  • Any map that's compatible with CS:GO's vanilla Deathmatch mode is supported by this plugin so long as it supports bots. However, we only recommend using open maps with minimal camping spots and/or maps that have good bot support, e.g. maps that come with a custom NAV file that hasn't been generated automatically by CS:GO. When in doubt though, de_dust2 is a great map choice for this gamemode, especially with a custom NAV file like the one from here.
  • Use a separate plugin to automatically explain to new players how gameplay works through chat. Some have found success using ServerAdvertisement3 for this purpose, e.g. like this. Check out this post for a working configuration-level example.

Installation Instructions
Download the latest release from GitHub here as a ZIP file (direct download link here) and unzip it. Open the extracted directory and move or copy the contents of its 'csgo' directory into the 'csgo' directory of your dedicated server; if you have a FastDL server, upload the contents of the 'FastDL' directory to your FastDL server. Once all of this is complete, restart your server.

Changelog
See our Releases page on GitHub for a complete list of changes by release number and date.

Plans
  • Consider re-enabling jumping for Survivors, but severely limiting their jump height and disabling crouch-jumping so that running-and-gunning is still encouraged.
  • Make it so bot Zombies don't aimlessly swing their claws while they're not within swinging distance of a Survivor or another Zombie.
  • Make it so bot Zombies don't spend time after respawning trying to buy weapons.
  • Consider preventing fire damage from a Survivor's incendiary grenade from hurting Survivors other than the one who threw it; as it is today, incendiary grenades can be used for griefing even if friendly fire is disabled.
  • Consider stopping or restricting the respawning of grenades in each Survivor's inventory; as it is today, Survivors get another grenade of the same type immediately after throwing one, which can lead to them spamming grenades.
  • Come up with more ways to encourage players not to camp without directly punishing them for doing so. For example, we could force players to pick up health shots off the ground in random parts of the map rather than giving them health shots simply for killing Zombies. In general though, we should try to avoid directly punishing players for camping as much as possible so as not to discourage players from enjoying themselves.
  • Create mutations (e.g. extra health, faster movement speed, etc.) and have them apply randomly to Zombies to make gameplay more interesting.
  • Add a new cvar that specifies the maximum amount of bots to fight alongside humans as Survivors when there aren't a sufficient number of other human players online.
  • Add a new cvar for enabling and disabling the plugin to power integrations with other plugins so that Zombie Deathmatch can easily be toggled at runtime.
  • Add new cvars for separately editing the starting HP of Survivors and Zombies; as of now, a separate plugin needs to be installed to edit starting HP.
  • Allow player-controlled Zombies to jump; it's intended that Survivors can't jump (maybe make this configurable?), but NPC Zombies can still jump and so player-controlled ones should be able to as well.
  • Fix Zombies' knife view model switching between the default knife and the custom one that ships with the plugin; only the latter should ever be visible.

Source Code
Check out the GitHub repository for this project here.

Bug Reporting
Please report any bugs you find either here in this thread and/or by creating a new issue on our Issues page on GitHub.

Credits
See the inline comments in this file for links to specific snippets of code I pulled from this forum and then subsequently edited. A big thanks to all of you over the years for contributing those code snippets for us all to use! There are also inline comments in that same file for where I sourced every custom model and material from. Please reach out to me directly if you wish to be credited more directly as I'd be happy to explicitly call you out here and on GitHub for your excellent work!

Bosny 01-03-2021 20:03

Re: [CS:GO] Zombie Deathmatch (v0.1.0, 2021-01-03)

Looks like a solid plugin. I'll give it a shot sometime this week.

vijayar 01-04-2021 03:32

This is fun ! Super plugin and works as mentioned. Huge Thanks and looking forward to what else gets included, in future

Judge_Duck 01-04-2021 10:08

Yeah I wont be able to upload this until later this week, but looks great from the outside!

If you're looking for more servers please reach out, always willing to host some zombie servers from our setup :D.

Grey Echo 01-04-2021 10:31

Thanks for the kind words everyone! It's been over a decade since I've been on the SourcePawn scene, so it's great to see everyone's still as active as ever. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judge_Duck (Post 2731298)
Yeah I wont be able to upload this until later this week, but looks great from the outside!

If you're looking for more servers please reach out, always willing to host some zombie servers from our setup :D.

I'd absolutely love to see more servers running this! We've got a demo server set up for at least the rest of January using some funds I scrounged together, but if you or anyone else were to post here with their server details, I'd be happy to add them to the 'Server List' section of the top post of this thread for visibility. Private message me whenever you'd had the chance to check the gameplay out! :)

NanoC 01-05-2021 06:13

Looks great from the outside, gotta take a look later, maybe i can bring some feedback about updates and new ideas.

Grey Echo 01-05-2021 10:23

Special thanks to vijayar for hosting a server! I've just added it to the Server List section of the top post of this thread if anyone is closer to India than they are to the eastern United States. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by NanoC (Post 2731404)
Looks great from the outside, gotta take a look later, maybe i can bring some feedback about updates and new ideas.

Thanks, I would love some new ideas! I'm also very open to anyone else contributing to this plugin directly with some SourcePawn code of their own given the project is now open source, so anyone should feel free to submit their own pull request anytime for review!

vijayar 01-06-2021 02:55

1 Attachment(s)
I was able to use this plugin (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=248314) and display in -game, the rules, in brief.

Can you turn on spectate mode ? I think it is not working ; for me it was not going into spectate mode. It will help for users to read the messages and then join the game. Maybe you can populate all slots with zombies in spectate mode

Grey Echo 01-06-2021 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by vijayar (Post 2731540)
I was able to use this plugin (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=248314) and display in -game, the rules, in brief.

Can you turn on spectate mode ? I think it is not working ; for me it was not going into spectate mode. It will help for users to read the messages and then join the game. Maybe you can populate all slots with zombies in spectate mode

Nice! I'll add that plugin to the Recommendations section of the top post now. As for spectator not working, I can confirm that it's probably being overwritten by the code that automatically assigns players to CT. Give me ~24 hours to turn around a fix. :)

vijayar 01-06-2021 10:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Echo (Post 2731584)
Nice! I'll add that plugin to the Recommendations section of the top post now. As for spectator not working, I can confirm that it's probably being overwritten by the code that automatically assigns players to CT. Give me ~24 hours to turn around a fix. :)

Thanks. I have few more suggestion/feedback.

Kick players if they are camping ; I was able to squat in a nice corner with negev, in multiple maps and the zombies were sitting ducks. I was able to complete multiple rounds easily with only me as CT player. This will make the mode boring after sometime. Imagine if there are more CT.
The fun is if the CT has to keep moving, that way CT will not know from which direction the zombies will attack.

Can we make the Zombie shuffle ? As of now they approach CT in a predefined manner which makes it easy to predict their movement path and kill them easily

I was not able to increase the number of zombies to say 12/14 (set my server slot to 16 at the moment); I did change it in zmd.cfg file but it is always loading with 10 player (1CT+9T).

Grey Echo 01-06-2021 10:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by vijayar (Post 2731585)
Thanks. I have few more suggestion/feedback.

Kick players if they are camping ; I was able to squat in a nice corner with negev, in multiple maps and the zombies were sitting ducks. I was able to complete multiple rounds easily with only me as CT player. This will make the mode boring after sometime. Imagine if there are more CT.
The fun is if the CT has to keep moving, that way CT will not know from which direction the zombies will attack.

Can we make the Zombie shuffle ? As of now they approach CT in a predefined manner which makes it easy to predict their movement path and kill them easily

I was not able to increase the number of zombies to say 12/14 (set my server slot to 16 at the moment); I did change it in zmd.cfg file but it is always loading with 10 player (1CT+9T).

Camping is definitely something we want to discourage. I'm aware of some anti-camping plugins that exist which might help, but if my memory serves correctly, they tend to be pretty intrusive, e.g. slapping a player if they're not moving for an extended period of time. Still, perhaps that's better than nothing. Another option would be to force players to use their pistol if they're crouching for too long, but that wouldn't necessarily resolve the issue you brought up as the player could just stand instead. Yet another option would be to prevent heavy machine guns from being used by Survivors at all given their high-capacity magazines; forcing a player to reload often forces them to move if they don't want to get eaten by a Zombie. I'd personally prefer this latter option as I think it's the least intrusive. Thoughts?

I'm not sure what we can do about bot movement behavior as I believe that's hardcoded into CS:GO, but perhaps someone on these forums knows more about this? I've seen some plugins around suggesting bot behavior can be changed, but the question is whether bot movement can be changed as well, and if so, how.

As for the number of bots allowed on the server at any given time, you mentioned you tried editing the zdm.cfg file. Specifically, did you try adding `bot_quota 12` to the end of that file? That should result in 12 bots being added to the server for every 1 human player. You could also try adding `bot_quota_mode fill` to the end of that same configuration file to see if that makes any difference. More details here regarding that latter config option: https://totalcsgo.com/command/botquotamode

vijayar 01-06-2021 10:37

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone who wants to display "How to Play" in chat box for this plugin, use this -
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=248314 - along with the attached cfg file. Feel free to change and make any modifications.

vijayar 01-06-2021 10:48

I will check for any plugin but both options you have suggested is good to implement esp the second one. Another suggestion to make it more interesting is to force only HS. Idea however is not to make it too difficult also.

At present using this with default DM that comes with server ; will try with the other DM plugins which have many options.

I have seen the bots shuffle in a std DM, but somehow not seeing that behaviour here

I tried the same way what you have mentioned ; let me retry and revert I may have done some mistake

Grey Echo 01-06-2021 10:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by vijayar (Post 2731587)
Anyone who wants to display "How to Play" in chat box for this plugin, use this -
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=248314 - along with the attached cfg file. Feel free to change and make any modifications.

Just linked to this post of yours with your attachment from the Recommendations section of the top post of this thread. Thank you very much for sharing your configuration file with us!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vijayar (Post 2731588)
I will check for any plugin but both options you have suggested is good to implement esp the second one. Another suggestion to make it more interesting is to force only HS. Idea however is not to make it too difficult also.

At present using this with default DM that comes with server ; will try with the other DM plugins which have many options.

I have seen the bots shuffle in a std DM, but somehow not seeing that behaviour here

I tried the same way what you have mentioned ; let me retry and revert I may have done some mistake

Thanks for the feedback! I think we should start with the heavy machine gun restriction and then take things from there. I've just added that to the Plans section of the top post of this thread and will seek to have it implemented along with the spectate bug fix, which I've also just added to that Plans section.

I haven't tested this plugin with anything other than the Deathmatch gamemode that ships with CS:GO, but in theory it should work fine with SourceMod Deathmatch plugins instead. You can probably find some anti-camping plugins that exist separately from any other plugin as standalone offerings too. It's been a while since I've searched though.

Grey Echo 01-06-2021 21:49

Re: [CS:GO] Zombie Deathmatch (v0.1.1, 2021-01-06)

v0.1.1 has just been released! More details with download links on our GitHub release page here:
  • Survivors can no longer buy or use heavy machine guns; their high-capacity magazines encouraged players to camp rather than move around the map.
  • Players can now spectate games. (Thanks to vijayar for reporting this wasn't working!)
The top post of this thread has been updated accordingly. Thanks for everyone's feedback so far! :)

vijayar 01-07-2021 02:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Echo (Post 2731631)
v0.1.1 has just been released! More details with download links on our GitHub release page here:
  • Survivors can no longer buy or use heavy machine guns; their high-capacity magazines encouraged players to camp rather than move around the map.
  • Players can now spectate games. (Thanks to vijayar for reporting this wasn't working!)
The top post of this thread has been updated accordingly. Thanks for everyone's feedback so far! :)

New release is working fine ! For some reason the Zombie BOTs have become harder to kill (maybe my end issue), require more shots than before. Spectate mode is working fine however can you populate a 4 CT V 6 Zombie playout in spectate instead of all 10 Zombies ?

Also I added bot_quota 12 and bot_quota_mode fill in the zdm.cfg file but for some reason I still get only a 10 player option (1CT + 9T). I have tried changing in the gamemode_deathmatch.cfg file also but it doesn't increase.

The default setting in your zdm.cfg is bot_quota 8 and bot_quota_fill match which also is not working i.e I get std 10 player sessions

Grey Echo 01-07-2021 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by vijayar (Post 2731650)
New release is working fine ! For some reason the Zombie BOTs have become harder to kill (maybe my end issue), require more shots than before. Spectate mode is working fine however can you populate a 4 CT V 6 Zombie playout in spectate instead of all 10 Zombies ?

Also I added bot_quota 12 and bot_quota_mode fill in the zdm.cfg file but for some reason I still get only a 10 player option (1CT + 9T). I have tried changing in the gamemode_deathmatch.cfg file also but it doesn't increase.

The default setting in your zdm.cfg is bot_quota 8 and bot_quota_fill match which also is not working i.e I get std 10 player sessions

Thanks for testing! I don't believe v0.1.1 made any changes to how hard it is to kill Zombies, so check your configuration and the other plugins you may have installed, but let me know if you find anything in that regard. I'll double-check on my end too.

I can look into having some bots be Survivors if all human players are spectating this weekend. Good suggestion!

It's strange that the defaults of `bot_quota 8` and `bot_quota_fill match` still aren't working for you. Do you have any other plugins which may be modifying these values? Can you confirm via the server's console that after the server has completely started, `bot_quota` is indeed set to 8 and `bot_quota_fill` set to "match"? If not, then I'm thinking another configuration file or plugin is changing these values.

vijayar 01-08-2021 04:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Echo (Post 2731696)
Thanks for testing! I don't believe v0.1.1 made any changes to how hard it is to kill Zombies, so check your configuration and the other plugins you may have installed, but let me know if you find anything in that regard. I'll double-check on my end too.

I can look into having some bots be Survivors if all human players are spectating this weekend. Good suggestion!

It's strange that the defaults of `bot_quota 8` and `bot_quota_fill match` still aren't working for you. Do you have any other plugins which may be modifying these values? Can you confirm via the server's console that after the server has completely started, `bot_quota` is indeed set to 8 and `bot_quota_fill` set to "match"? If not, then I'm thinking another configuration file or plugin is changing these values.

Will test again and revert if bots have become hard in the new version, mostly it should be some issue at my end.

I checked the console logs, it seems that for some reason bot_quota is forced set to 10 and bot_quota_mode is forced set at Normal. Not sure what is forcing it ; it was fresh installation of server and apart from your plugin, sourcemod and metamod I do not have any other installed in this. I have set gamemode & type to Valve native Deathmatch.

Strange ! Need to deep dive more

Grey Echo 01-09-2021 13:00

Re: [CS:GO] Zombie Deathmatch (v0.1.2, 2021-01-09)

v0.1.2 has just been released! More details with download links on our GitHub release page here:
  • Fix zombies sometimes being able to use weapons. (Thanks to vijayar for discovering this bug!)
  • Add demo mode when all human players are spectating. (Thanks to vijayar for this suggestion!)
This plugin is now compatible with Maxximou5's csgo-deathmatch plugin, just make sure to set "dm_enable_valve_deathmatch" to "yes" in your addons/sourcemod/configs/deathmatch/deathmatch.ini file if you're using that plugin.

The top post of this thread has been updated accordingly. Thanks again for everyone's support!

vikir 01-10-2021 05:07

Ideas:
1. Make Zombies more HP over time, let's say each minute + 20 HP (if not player)
2. Anticamp - if more then 3 CT in 1 area,(green gas or smth) they start to get dmg over time after 40 sec (so they will be forced to move)
3. Get (buy) weapons for score in scoreboard ?
4. Some stat system ? Like let's says CT wins round aka survives 5 min will be added to their stats(MySql or smth)
5. Add random zombies with option to setup them - how often spawn, and their stats(faster moving, More HP etc)
6. Spawn HP shots on the ground random locations on map, not just give players after some time (will force players to move after dmg taken)

Btw, good job had fun with community around 30 min playing it :D
connect weallplay.eu

vijayar 01-10-2021 05:16

1 Attachment(s)
For some reason the plugin is not working since yesterday. I have done a fresh server installation and tried with Valve native DM and with Maxximou5 DM plugin. In both case I get the game session is not loading and is stuck after downloading the model/materials (ref attached pic).

I am not seeing any errors in the console logs too. I had to shut the server down to get out of the session

Update 1 - SOLVED, Issue was with CSGO client installation in the machine I was testing. Tried from another machine and all works fine. Spectate is awesome now to see CT fight out the Zombies !

Update 2 - Did a Integrity Check and restarted the machine and the client in the first machine, but still get stuck after material loads. Looks like I have to completely remove CSGO and do a reinstallation.

Update 3 - Did a Fresh Install of CSGO client in the machine, but still getting the same issue !!! As of now this plugin seems to be working fine from any steam ID in my other machine. So I suspect it is not a plugin issue. Can anyone please join my server, test and report ? Thanks

Grey Echo 01-10-2021 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikir (Post 2732034)
Ideas:
1. Make Zombies more HP over time, let's say each minute + 20 HP (if not player)
2. Anticamp - if more then 3 CT in 1 area,(green gas or smth) they start to get dmg over time after 40 sec (so they will be forced to move)
3. Get (buy) weapons for score in scoreboard ?
4. Some stat system ? Like let's says CT wins round aka survives 5 min will be added to their stats(MySql or smth)
5. Add random zombies with option to setup them - how often spawn, and their stats(faster moving, More HP etc)
6. Spawn HP shots on the ground random locations on map, not just give players after some time (will force players to move after dmg taken)

Btw, good job had fun with community around 30 min playing it :D
connect weallplay.eu

Thank you very much for hosting a server and giving it a go! I've added your server to the 'Server List' section in the top post of this thread. :)

These are some great suggestions. We definitely want to discourage camping in as light touch a way as possible, so ideas for how to accomplish that are very welcome. I think your health shot idea in particular is a very interesting way to encourage players to move around rather than directly discourage them from camping. That's a great example of the kinds of inventive solutions I think we should start with first before implementing ways to directly punish players. I'll add that and the zombie mutations idea to the 'Plans' section in the top post of this thread to get us started!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vijayar (Post 2732036)
For some reason the plugin is not working since yesterday. I have done a fresh server installation and tried with Valve native DM and with Maxximou5 DM plugin. In both case I get the game session is not loading and is stuck after downloading the model/materials (ref attached pic).

I am not seeing any errors in the console logs too. I had to shut the server down to get out of the session

Update 1 - SOLVED, Issue was with CSGO client installation in the machine I was testing. Tried from another machine and all works fine. Spectate is awesome now to see CT fight out the Zombies !

Update 2 - Did a Integrity Check and restarted the machine and the client in the first machine, but still get stuck after material loads. Looks I have to completely remove CSGO and do a reinstallation

There was a CS:GO server and client update recently, so perhaps that has something to do with the trouble you're having? The screenshot you posted suggests your client is not configured to download resources from the server it's connected to, which I believe is the default. Are you using a FastDL server to allow clients to download the custom materials and models included with this plugin? If not, clients connecting to your server will need to make sure to have `sv_allowupload` set to 1, otherwise I think you'll get the error you're seeing.

vijayar 01-10-2021 13:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Echo (Post 2732105)
There was a CS:GO server and client update recently, so perhaps that has something to do with the trouble you're having? The screenshot you posted suggests your client is not configured to download resources from the server it's connected to, which I believe is the default. Are you using a FastDL server to allow clients to download the custom materials and models included with this plugin? If not, clients connecting to your server will need to make sure to have `sv_allowupload` set to 1, otherwise I think you'll get the error you're seeing.

I did get the updates install in all machine also I just did uninstall / reinstall of the client again.

Not using FastDl ; I have never tinkered around with "sv_allowupload" in the server earlier so not sure how my other machine works fine. I will anyways try

Please try testing my server (if possible from a new CSGO client instances wherein the model/materials are not preloaded) and see if you are getting any issues. Thanks

vijayar 01-10-2021 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by vijayar (Post 2732106)
I did get the updates install in all machine also I just did uninstall / reinstall of the client again.

Not using FastDl ; I have never tinkered around with "sv_allowupload" in the server earlier so not sure how my other machine works fine. I will anyways try

Please try testing my server (if possible from a new CSGO client instances wherein the model/materials are not preloaded) and see if you are getting any issues. Thanks

I figured out the issue ; there is some error/configuration step missed when not using Fastdl ; it is not setup for my server and even with "sv_allowupload 1" the session is getting stuck at loading. Hence the earlier issue of no one was able to join and play

BTW I logged into your server to check if any issue with the CSGO client and all the files got downloaded from your FastDL instance and now i am able to play on my server too with the second machine, however that doesn't solve the issue of model/material download for non FastDl servers.

Grey Echo 01-10-2021 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by vijayar (Post 2732109)
I figured out the issue ; there is some error/configuration step missed when not using Fastdl ; it is not setup for my server and even with "sv_allowupload 1" the session is getting stuck at loading. Hence the earlier issue of no one was able to join and play

BTW I logged into your server to check if any issue with the CSGO client and all the files got downloaded from your FastDL instance and now i am able to play on my server too with the second machine, however that doesn't solve the issue of model/material download for non FastDl servers.

As of February 2018, all CS:GO clients have `sv_allowupload` set to 0 by default, which means no files will be downloaded from your server by a client even if that client is missing the files they need to play. I recommend you set up FastDL for your server as without it, only clients that have explicitly set `sv_allowupload` to 1 will be able to play on your server unless they happen to already have all the files they need to play, which is possible as at least some of the custom materials and models included with this plugin are used by some other servers running other zombie-themed plugins, but I wouldn't rely on that.

Here are some helpful resources describing the problem in greater detail, with the last one being a basic guide to setting up a FastDL server:

vijayar 01-11-2021 00:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Echo (Post 2732112)
As of February 2018, all CS:GO clients have `sv_allowupload` set to 0 by default, which means no files will be downloaded from your server by a client even if that client is missing the files they need to play. I recommend you set up FastDL for your server as without it, only clients that have explicitly set `sv_allowupload` to 1 will be able to play on your server unless they happen to already have all the files they need to play, which is possible as at least some of the custom materials and models included with this plugin are used by some other servers running other zombie-themed plugins, but I wouldn't rely on that.

Here are some helpful resources describing the problem in greater detail, with the last one being a basic guide to setting up a FastDL server:

Thanks for this info, I was not aware, will set up the FastDL asap. Cheers !

Grey Echo 01-11-2021 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by vijayar (Post 2732167)
Thanks for this info, I was not aware, will set up the FastDL asap. Cheers !

No worries! I've just added a note about the soft requirement for a FastDL server to the top post of this thread in the 'Recommendations' section, so thanks for the opportunity to discuss this in greater detail.

Desktop 03-08-2021 02:45

Do zombie bots try to attack someone that has been infected?
I also have a custom zombie mod and that problem occurs, bots look "stupid" and they dont crouch in every case they should, also, they dont always update targets to attack

Grey Echo 03-08-2021 13:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desktop (Post 2739668)
Do zombie bots try to attack someone that has been infected?
I also have a custom zombie mod and that problem occurs, bots look "stupid" and they dont crouch in every case they should, also, they dont always update targets to attack

Bot Zombies do not try to attack player Zombies, no, at least not with this plugin and no other plugins installed. I can't say I've encountered any of the bot confusion issues you mentioned either. Perhaps check to see if another plugin is interfering? I think the "bot attacking players" issue can be caused by improperly switching a player to another team without them dying first, for example, but this plugin doesn't spawn players as Zombies until they've died.

123qw9999k 05-21-2021 08:36

hello....i have completed all the steps, and now how do i play zombie mode? where to choose..?

Grey Echo 05-21-2021 09:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by 123qw9999k (Post 2747385)
hello....i have completed all the steps, and now how do i play zombie mode? where to choose..?

Assuming you've followed the Installation Instructions correctly and have all the listed prerequisites installed on your server (see 'Requirements' section of the top post), there shouldn't be anything else you have to do other than join your server, join the CT team, and then start shooting some bot Zombies! :)

If you're wondering what the gameplay is like, you can join our test server at zdm.ggwp.cc:28861 to get an idea of what to expect once the mod is working properly on your own server.

Mac67 05-21-2021 12:42

nice plugin.
Wish: Enable/Disable feature (plugin load and config load)
Then it is possible to change the mode on the fly via Admin Menu and map change to this one
and can easily be integrated in existing server.

Grey Echo 05-21-2021 12:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac67 (Post 2747401)
nice plugin.
Wish: Enable/Disable feature (plugin load and config load)
Then it is possible to change the mode on the fly via Admin Menu and map change to this one
and can easily be integrated in existing server.

Thanks for the kind words and your feature request! I've just added it to the 'Plans' section of the top post.

Reminder to all that this plugin's source code is available on GitHub and I am more than willing to review pull requests for anything on our Plans list. :wink:

Mac67 05-21-2021 13:32

BTW, sometimes I get respawn outside the map

Grey Echo 05-21-2021 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac67 (Post 2747405)
BTW, sometimes I get respawn outside the map

Thanks for the bug report. Can you tell me which map this has happened to you on and what other plugins are installed on your server? I ask because we just use the same spawn points that CS:GO's vanilla Deathmatch mode defines, so this might be a map-based bug and/or something wrong with CS:GO itself and/or caused by a plugin other than ours.

Mac67 05-22-2021 07:01

I used the workshop maps
de_Dust [Compatibility Version 1.36.1.2]
Perhaps it is not optimized for Deathmatch

sajibu 03-07-2022 18:33

Do you have any idea why when playing in the Zombie's side, the model of my zombie's hands is changing back to the hands of the original model including the knife?
it is flashing only for milliseconds and it repeats itself every few seconds.
What I did so far is unloading the agent's plugin + gloves + weapons.
nothing worked so far.

Grey Echo 03-07-2022 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by sajibu (Post 2773408)
Do you have any idea why when playing in the Zombie's side, the model of my zombie's hands is changing back to the hands of the original model including the knife?
it is flashing only for milliseconds and it repeats itself every few seconds.
What I did so far is unloading the agent's plugin + gloves + weapons.
nothing worked so far.

Yeah, I think this is actually an outstanding bug with the plugin as I recall seeing this on my demo server as well before I took it down. If you do figure out what's going on, feel free to create a new pull request on the project's GitHub and I can make sure to be prompt about reviewing it!

sajibu 03-08-2022 08:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Echo (Post 2773413)
Yeah, I think this is actually an outstanding bug with the plugin as I recall seeing this on my demo server as well before I took it down. If you do figure out what's going on, feel free to create a new pull request on the project's GitHub and I can make sure to be prompt about reviewing it!

I will try to find a solution for it when I have time.

Btw, the plugins I added along with your plugin is this one:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1507277

To set custom health for the Zombies every respawn.
I felt like 100 HP for zombies it's too low...
The only downside for this plugin is you cannot set Zombies and Survivors custom health, only for one team only.
I think It will be awesome if you can add this plugin to your zombie plugin, and add the option to set custom health for both teams.

And I added this Deathmatch plugin as well:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=246405

because Maxximou5's Deathmatch plugin cannot disable given weapons to Terrorists, therefore zombies holding guns and shooting at you.
But with this DeathMatch plugin, you can set weapons to only one team and more...
You might want to update your post with this DeathMatch plugin instead of Maxximou5's I guess.

Plus, I found that Survivors cannot jump, and Zombies as well.
I read in the post that you did it on purpose, but Zombies should be allowed to jump, which they didn't.
I figured that it was probably a bug, and I got annoyed about it, so I removed the function and recompiled the code.
I think u should look at that as well.

Other than that, it is an awesome plugin! and I appreciate your hard work and time putting into this!
Keep the great work you are doing!

Grey Echo 03-08-2022 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by sajibu (Post 2773462)
I will try to find a solution for it when I have time.

Btw, the plugins I added along with your plugin is this one:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1507277

To set custom health for the Zombies every respawn.
I felt like 100 HP for zombies it's too low...
The only downside for this plugin is you cannot set Zombies and Survivors custom health, only for one team only.
I think It will be awesome if you can add this plugin to your zombie plugin, and add the option to set custom health for both teams.

And I added this Deathmatch plugin as well:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=246405

because Maxximou5's Deathmatch plugin cannot disable given weapons to Terrorists, therefore zombies holding guns and shooting at you.
But with this DeathMatch plugin, you can set weapons to only one team and more...
You might want to update your post with this DeathMatch plugin instead of Maxximou5's I guess.

Plus, I found that Survivors cannot jump, and Zombies as well.
I read in the post that you did it on purpose, but Zombies should be allowed to jump, which they didn't.
I figured that it was probably a bug, and I got annoyed about it, so I removed the function and recompiled the code.
I think u should look at that as well.

Other than that, it is an awesome plugin! and I appreciate your hard work and time putting into this!
Keep the great work you are doing!

Thanks for the feedback! Just added a new entry to the 'Plans' section of the first post in this thread for allowing the starting HP of Survivors and Zombies to be edited, but in the meantime I've added a link to that Set Start Health plugin to the 'Requirements' section. By default, while Zombies' health isn't edited, it is scaled using the mp_damage_scale_t_body cvar in the zdm.cfg file that ships with the plugin such that damage by Survivors to the body of a Zombie is 80% less effective than usual. I can totally understand wanting to go further though and actually increasing Zombies' HP too or instead of this scaling.

The Deathmatch plugin you linked to is Maxximou5's. Did you mean to link to a different one? If so, could you please share that with me so I can edit the first post accordingly as well?

Yeah, the inability for Survivors to jump was definitely intentional, but I don't recall ever intending to limit Zombies' ability to jump, so that sounds like a bug to me. If you'd like to submit a pull request for only allowing Zombies to jump, please do so! In the meantime, I'll add that to the 'Plans' section as well.