AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [L4D & L4D2] Game Mode Config Loader 1.6 (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=93212)

Thraka 05-25-2009 18:52

[L4D & L4D2] Game Mode Config Loader 1.6

4 Attachment(s)
This plugin will execute a config file based on the current game play mode. Because I like Versus tweaked for a higher difficulty than a coop game, I use this to do that, but leave coop up to the lobby settings. Also, the survivor mode, I think, shouldn't have any adjustments made to it. This plugin gives me that ability.

Notes
Left 4 Dead will change the game type automatically when someone hosts a lobby for a specific game type and then ends up connecting to your server.

The z_difficulty CVAR used to determine the difficulty for co-op uses the values Easy, Normal, Hard, Impossible. While the UI in the game uses Easy, Normal, Advanced, Expert. I set the names of the config files (default) to match the z_difficulty CVAR value, while the description of the coop - difficulty script CVARs matches the UI text.

If a game mode is selected which is not used by the hardcoded cfg files (see the cvars) it will automatically look for a .cfg file that matches the game mode text. To figure this out, configure your lobby as desired, start the game in the server then check the hidden mp_gamemode cvar for the value. Then create a .cfg file with the same file name as cvar value.

Version History
1.8:
  • Created gamemode_resetconvars cvar. Defaults to on and when on, before executing the cfg file for the game mode, the reset_gameconvars console command will execute which resets all the cvars.
  • Executes a .cfg file with the same file name as the value of the mp_gamemode cvar if the mp_gamemode is not coded into the plugin directly. This is a fallback system to execute .cfg files when Valve implements new mutations or game modes.
  • Logs what it excutes.
1.6:
  • Supports modes added by L4D2
1.5:
  • Supports teamversus mode.
1.4:
  • Added suggestions\code from Dionys to re-execute the cfg when mp_gamemode and z_difficulty change mid game.
  • Added plugin version cvar for tracking.
1.3:
  • Added the ability to auto-execute a config script based on coop difficulty.
1.2:
  • Changed meta data (URL and TITLE).
1.1:
  • Removed bad code line.
  • Changed all references from survivor to survival
  • Initial release.

CVARs
gamemode_config_ver - Version of this plugin.

gamemode_resetconvars - Resets the console vars () before executing the config
gamemode_config_coop - CFG file to execute when game mode is coop - Default: coop.cfg
gamemode_config_versus - CFG file to execute when game mode is versus - Default: versus.cfg
gamemode_config_teamversus - CFG file to execute when game mode is teamversus. - Default teamversus.cfg
gamemode_config_survival - CFG file to execute when game mode is survival - Default survival.cfg
gamemode_config_realism - CFG file to execute when game mode is realism. - Default realism.cfg
gamemode_config_scavenge - CFG file to execute when game mode is scavenge. - Default scavenge.cfg
gamemode_config_teamscavenge - CFG file to execute when game mode is teamscavenge. - Default teamscavenge.cfg

gamemode_config_coop_easy - CFG file to execute when game mode is coop and the difficulty is Easy. - Default: coop_easy.cfg
gamemode_config_coop_normal - CFG file to execute when game mode is coop and the difficulty is Normal. - Default: coop_normal.cfg
gamemode_config_coop_hard - CFG file to execute when game mode is coop and the difficulty is Advanced. - Default: coop_hard.cfg
gamemode_config_coop_impossible - CFG file to execute when game mode is coop and the difficulty is Expert. - Default: coop_impossible.cfg

The values are used by the plugin to call the exec console command: exec [value].

Thanks to DJ Tsunami for getting me started. :)

Felycity 05-25-2009 20:16

Re: [L4D] Game Mode Config Loader

this plugin works well on my server!
good job! :up:

DJ Tsunami 05-26-2009 05:28

Nicely done. But, are you sure it's "survivor"? I'm looking at an L4D server right now and it clearly says "survival".

Edit: also, line 26 shouldn't be there.

PStar 05-26-2009 06:39

How does it work?

So i mean does it integrate into the admin menu or something, where i can change the game mode?
Or what?

DJ Tsunami 05-26-2009 10:38

All this does is execute a cfg file with commands or cvars when the map starts, depending on the current game mode. L4D decides what the current game mode is, you can't change it.

Thraka 05-26-2009 11:13

Doh! My dislexia is getting the best of me. I think I had survival and I said wait! it's survivor! .. arg. I'll fix that in a few mins :)

edit: Done!

I just thought of something too. Now that I can have different configs for each game mode, I can also change the motdfile cvar to a specific motd file for each type. Very nice!

Frozenology 05-26-2009 14:45

Thanks for Plugins, I will dev an improve version of this.

madcap 05-27-2009 08:34

Do the CFGs go in the left4dead/cfg/sourcemod directory?

Thraka 05-27-2009 12:18

No just the left4dead\cfg folder. Really any location that the normal console exec [filename] would find the file.

One thing I'm going to do (perhaps today) is have it also execute a difficulty config for coop mode. Since the lobby can set easy normal hard expert, these configs would run when it was coop and right after the coop.cfg runs.

Thraka 05-28-2009 00:59

:( It seems the server is caching the motd content for the clients. So if you change motdfile after server has started and someone has connected, it doesn't seem to load the new page content :(

zero4u 05-30-2009 05:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thraka (Post 836285)
:( It seems the server is caching the motd content for the clients. So if you change motdfile after server has started and someone has connected, it doesn't seem to load the new page content :(

I think u wanna change motd on every config switch ?..
This plugin enables u to load different configs but motd and host file changes arent a part of it me gueses

DJ Tsunami 05-30-2009 08:34

The motdfile cvar specified which file to use as MOTD, you can change that cvar with this plugin.

Thraka 06-01-2009 12:50

yeah, you can change the var with those configs loaded by the plugin. I think that the server reads the MOTD at map change, and since this fires at map start, it doesn't respect the change.

Dionys 06-04-2009 06:45

good addition to the plugin - to add hook event convar change mp_gamemode and z_difficulty
for example:
Code:

public OnPluginStart()
{
    decl String:ModName[50];
    GetGameFolderName(ModName, sizeof(ModName));
    if (!StrEqual(ModName, "left4dead", false))
    {
        SetFailState("Use this Left 4 Dead only.");
    }

g_hGameMode = FindConVar("mp_gamemode");        //coop, versus, survival
    g_hDifficulty = FindConVar("z_difficulty");        //Easy, Normal, Hard, Impossible

g_hConVar_ConfigCoop_Easy = CreateConVar("l4d_autoexec_coop_easy", "coop_easy.cfg", "CFG file to execute when game mode is coop and the difficulty is Easy.", CVAR_FLAGS);
    g_hConVar_ConfigCoop_Normal = CreateConVar("l4d_autoexeccoop_normal", "coop_normal.cfg", "CFG file to execute when game mode is coop and the difficulty is Normal.", CVAR_FLAGS);
    g_hConVar_ConfigCoop_Hard = CreateConVar("l4d_autoexec_coop_hard", "coop_hard.cfg", "CFG file to execute when game mode is coop and the difficulty is Advanced.", CVAR_FLAGS);
    g_hConVar_ConfigCoop_Impossible = CreateConVar("l4d_autoexec_coop_impossible", "coop_impossible.cfg", "CFG file to execute when game mode is coop and the difficulty is Expert.", CVAR_FLAGS);
    g_hConVar_ConfigVersus = CreateConVar("l4d_autoexec_versus", "versus.cfg", "CFG file to execute when game mode is versus.", CVAR_FLAGS);
    g_hConVar_ConfigSurvival = CreateConVar("l4d_autoexec_survival", "survival.cfg", "CFG file to execute when game mode is survival.", CVAR_FLAGS);

HookConVarChange(g_hGameMode, ConVarChange_GameMode);
    HookConVarChange(g_hDifficulty, ConVarChange_Difficulty);
}

public OnMapStart()
{
    AutoexecCFG();
}

public ConVarChange_GameMode(Handle:convar, const String:oldValue[], const String:newValue[])
{
    if (strcmp(oldValue, newValue) != 0)
    {
        AutoexecCFG();
    }
}

public ConVarChange_Difficulty(Handle:convar, const String:oldValue[], const String:newValue[])
{
    if (strcmp(oldValue, newValue) != 0)
    {
        AutoexecCFG();
    }
}

AutoexecCFG()
{
    decl String:sGameMode[32];
    decl String:sGameDifficulty[32];
    decl String:sConfigName[256];

GetConVarString(g_hGameMode, sGameMode, sizeof(sGameMode));
    GetConVarString(g_hDifficulty, sGameDifficulty, sizeof(sGameDifficulty));

if (StrEqual(sGameMode, "coop", false))
    {
        if (StrEqual(sGameDifficulty, "Easy", false))
        {
            GetConVarString(g_hConVar_ConfigCoop_Easy, sConfigName, sizeof(sConfigName));
            TrimString(sConfigName);
            ServerCommand("exec %s", sConfigName);
        }
        else if (StrEqual(sGameDifficulty, "Normal", false))
        {
            GetConVarString(g_hConVar_ConfigCoop_Normal, sConfigName, sizeof(sConfigName));
            TrimString(sConfigName);
        }
        else if (StrEqual(sGameDifficulty, "Hard", false))
        {
            GetConVarString(g_hConVar_ConfigCoop_Hard, sConfigName, sizeof(sConfigName));
            TrimString(sConfigName);
        }
        else if (StrEqual(sGameDifficulty, "Impossible", false))
        {
            GetConVarString(g_hConVar_ConfigCoop_Impossible, sConfigName, sizeof(sConfigName));
            TrimString(sConfigName);
        }
    }
    else if (StrEqual(sGameMode, "survival", false))
    {
        GetConVarString(g_hConVar_ConfigSurvival, sConfigName, sizeof(sConfigName));
        TrimString(sConfigName);
    }
    else if (StrEqual(sGameMode, "versus", false))
    {
        GetConVarString(g_hConVar_ConfigVersus, sConfigName, sizeof(sConfigName));
        TrimString(sConfigName);
    }
}

so need add check FileExists(ConfigFile):
for example:
Code:

new String:ConfigFile[PLATFORM_MAX_PATH];
FormatEx(ConfigFile, sizeof(ConfigFile), "cfg\\%s", sConfigName);
if(FileExists(ConfigFile))
{
      PrintToServer("[SM] Execute %s file", sConfigName);
}

Thraka 06-10-2009 12:54

Are you sure the game respects the convar changes? I've changed the game type from coop to versus before, and it doesn't let infected players spawn. I think you need to start on the level with those settings, which is what the lobby system is for. I'll add this into my script if you can verify that when you change difficulty from easy to expert mid-level, it will work. For example, on expert, the regular zombies only need to hit you four times to take you down.

ColdnessCalms 06-10-2009 17:38

Thanks so much for this plugin, it was exactly what I was looking for :)
couple questions though...

first, can I set a folder? for example:
gamemode_config_coop sourcemod/coop.cfg

and second, do you know when the file is executed? Specifically, after server.cfg?

I have the contents of warmode_on in my versus.cfg and off are in both coop and survival. could this possibly cause any problems? Warmode turns on and off all plugins, which could obviously cause some problems :/

Dionys 06-11-2009 04:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thraka (Post 845694)
Are you sure the game respects the convar changes? I've changed the game type from coop to versus before, and it doesn't let infected players spawn. I think you need to start on the level with those settings, which is what the lobby system is for. I'll add this into my script if you can verify that when you change difficulty from easy to expert mid-level, it will work. For example, on expert, the regular zombies only need to hit you four times to take you down.

Of course I am sure.
Strange that you have a this question :)

Such difficulty can change at the voting of players and more than once for the map!
Then from the plug-in your version there is no sense, because it will check the difficulty only when loading the next map.

2ColdnessCalms
path for config file - %gamepath%\cfg
config file is executed at map start (in Thraka version)
or
at map start and at convar mp_gamemode or z_difficulty change event (in my version)

Thraka 06-11-2009 13:04

I'll work on migrating your changes into the release Dionys.

Coldness, specifically I didn't configure it to execute a path for scripts. It's really just calling the console command exec directly. So wherever the Source engine and L4D specficially are going to look for files to execute when you call "exec" normally, is where your scripts need to be.

Dionys 06-11-2009 14:45

hmm

FileExists(sConfigName) always will be false
need
FormatEx(ConfigFile, sizeof(ConfigFile), "cfg\\%s", sConfigName);
FileExists(ConfigFile)

I think there is no point to argue :)
I showed variant which have long been working on my server

froggz19 06-15-2009 07:16

must add

gamemode_config_coop "coop.cfg"
gamemode_config_versus "versus.cfg"
gamemode_config_survival "survival.cfg"

in server.cfg?

and create 3 cfg's with coop versus survival?

froggz19 06-15-2009 13:08

:oops: How to use this? i'm not a noob but i don't know what's wrong ,added the cvars to server.cfg ,created coop.cfg..etc . and how to use it ,starting the server in normal mode and exec a cfg?

This is the first plugin that I don't know how to use it :/

A complete guide please?

ColdnessCalms 06-15-2009 19:41

The config that applies (for example, a coop game on advanced diff) will exec automatically at map start (so coop.cfg and hard_coop.cfg or whatever will both exec, nothing else) You do not need to do anything manually.

froggz19 06-16-2009 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdnessCalms (Post 849815)
The config that applies (for example, a coop game on advanced diff) will exec automatically at map start (so coop.cfg and hard_coop.cfg or whatever will both exec, nothing else) You do not need to do anything manually.

Ok,i just need to paste the smx in /plugins/ folder , and create coop.cfg,versus.cfg,survival.cfg in /cfg/ folder and ready?

Thraka 06-16-2009 16:10

Yep that is all. I just updated the plugin to re-execute the cfg files if the cvar's change in middle of gameplay.

The CFG folder being referenced, is the game's cfg folder which is located in left4dead\cfg...

Euphytose 06-17-2009 08:11

Very nice plugin, I don't know what I can put in these configs files, but it will be pretty useful.

Can we use the ability to activate another plugin in these files ?

ProBoomer 06-17-2009 11:23

For me this plugin work at 100%. I have set in this mode:

1)

Edit a L4D_COOP.cfg and put where your server.cfg is located and write this into the L4D_COOP.cfg.

//
//Evil Boomer Config
//email: [email protected]
//
exec extra/BoomerSmokerHunter_Coop.cfg
exec extra/TankWitchZombie_Coop.cfg
exec extra/AmmoReviveVarie_Coop.cfg
exec extra/SuperVersus_Coop.cfg
//exec extra/upgbot_Coop.cfg
//

2)

Into Server.cfg put this lines:

//
//Evil Boomer Config
//email: [email protected]
//
exec extra/BoomerSmokerHunter.cfg
exec extra/TankWitchZombie.cfg
exec extra/AmmoReviveVarie.cfg
exec extra/SuperVersus.cfg
//exec extra/upgbot.cfg
//
gamemode_config_coop_easy L4D_Coop.cfg
gamemode_config_coop_normal L4D_Coop.cfg
gamemode_config_coop_hard L4D_Coop.cfg
gamemode_config_coop_impossible L4D_Coop.cfg
//

3)

Create a subfolder extra now and put the other configs you have create with a lot of cvars.

When you server is started execute the extra/blabla.cfg (I use it for Versus) but if gamemode is coop the blaba_coop.cfg is execute.

For a little example into my TankWitchZombie.cfg i have tank set to 7000, in TankWitchZombie_coop.cfg i have tank set to 8000 and in Advanced mode is x2 = Tank to 16000.

4)

gamemode_config_coop_easy L4D_Coop.cfg
gamemode_config_coop_normal L4D_Coop.cfg
gamemode_config_coop_hard L4D_Coop.cfg
gamemode_config_coop_impossible L4D_Coop.cfg

About this.... i tell to plugin to execute always L4D_Coop.cfg for all difficult, if you want can create this:

gamemode_config_coop_easy L4D_Coop_easy.cfg
gamemode_config_coop_normal L4D_Coop_normal.cfg
gamemode_config_coop_hard L4D_Coop_hard.cfg
gamemode_config_coop_impossible L4D_Coop_impossible.cfg

But remember you need also put into Extra SubFolder

BoomerSmokerHunter_Coop_Easy.cfg
BoomerSmokerHunter_Coop_Normal.cfg
etcetc
etcetc

5)

exec extra/BoomerSmokerHunter.cfg (extra subfolder is located into /cfg of server, the same dir where you have server.cfg and put L4D_Coop.cfg, you need only create a subfolder Extra and put all configs. Because too many chaos if you add ALL in the same folder (IMHO).

6)

Important, if you use plugin like SuperVersus, InfectedBots or another plugin have a /sourcemod/personalconfigfile, you need work-around this, into /sourcemod/personalconfig you put // before all personalcvar of plugin.

And replicated this into one config file like my SuperVersus.cfg, you can edit easily the difference in Versus, Coop_Easy, Coop_Normal etcetc (remember to use SuperVersus_Coop.cfg for CoopMode)

Example: (In COOP i have different setting)

//
//SuperVersus
//
sm_cvar sv_visiblemaxplayers 16
sm_cvar l4d_maxplayers 16
sm_cvar z_max_player_zombies 8 (this into SuperVersus_COOP is 12)
sm_cvar l4d_XtraHP 1
sm_cvar l4d_survivor_limit 8
sm_cvar l4d_infected_limit 8
sm_cvar l4d_killreservation 1
sm_cvar l4d_supertank 0
sm_cvar l4d_tank_hpmulti "0.01"
//
// Limits
//
sm_cvar z_minion_limit 8 //3
sm_cvar z_exploding_limit 1 //1 (this into SuperVersus_COOP is 4)
sm_cvar z_gas_limit 2 //1 (this into SuperVersus_COOP is 3)
sm_cvar z_hunter_limit 5 //1
sm_cvar z_versus_boomer_limit 1 //1
sm_cvar z_versus_smoker_limit 2 //1
//
// Infected Bots 1.7.2
//
sm_cvar l4d_infectedbots_allow_boomer 1
sm_cvar l4d_infectedbots_allow_hunter 1
sm_cvar l4d_infectedbots_allow_smoker 1
sm_cvar l4d_infectedbots_enabled_on_coop 1
sm_cvar l4d_infectedbots_director_spawn 0
sm_cvar l4d_infectedbots_max_player_zombies 8 (this into SuperVersus_COOP is 12)
sm_cvar l4d_infectedbots_normalize_spawntime 0
sm_cvar l4d_infectedbots_spawn_time 20
sm_cvar l4d_infectedbots_showhud 1
sm_cvar l4d_versus_hunter_limit 5
sm_cvar l4d_vsinfectedbots_version "1.7.2"

Thraka 06-17-2009 13:38

Sure. You can unload a plugin or whatever. Whatever u could normal command from the console, you could do in the cfg files.

Now how do I get approved?

nutz 06-30-2009 20:42

is there a way to use this plugin to get back to having Versus on advanced mode?...or does anyone have a set of cvars that would up the difficulty for Versus???

Thraka 07-01-2009 12:56

This topic has a list of the cvars: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=95889 There are a bunch of hidden CVAR values, which are listed here: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=81010

What you want to look for are cvars that have the word "expert" in them. VS mode uses the ones with the name "normal". If you set your config to set the values of the "normal" ones to the value of "expert" you will have duplicated the expert settings into versus.

(Use the keyword EXPERT to easily find the settings of hard, normal, and easy)

For example, how long it takes the tank to burn to death when he is on fire:

tank_burn_duration_expert 40
tank_burn_duration_hard 35
tank_burn_duration_normal 30
tank_burn_duration_vs 30

Normal is 30 while hard is 35. But you'll also notice there is a specific versus value, _vs. Some values have versus versions, others do not. If they do not, then the server is using the value from the _normal version. In your searches, look for the keywords:
_versus
versus_
_vs
vs_

to find those specific versus values.

Sirr0 07-05-2009 23:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thraka (Post 861729)
This topic has a list of the cvars: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=95889 There are a bunch of hidden CVAR values, which are listed here: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=81010

What you want to look for are cvars that have the word "expert" in them. VS mode uses the ones with the name "normal". If you set your config to set the values of the "normal" ones to the value of "expert" you will have duplicated the expert settings into versus.

(Use the keyword EXPERT to easily find the settings of hard, normal, and easy)

For example, how long it takes the tank to burn to death when he is on fire:

tank_burn_duration_expert 40
tank_burn_duration_hard 35
tank_burn_duration_normal 30
tank_burn_duration_vs 30

Normal is 30 while hard is 35. But you'll also notice there is a specific versus value, _vs. Some values have versus versions, others do not. If they do not, then the server is using the value from the _normal version. In your searches, look for the keywords:
_versus
versus_
_vs
vs_

to find those specific versus values.

Unfortunately I think the horde attack damage is missing from the list and thats one of the key things needed to mimic advanced versus, it also seems that a few other variables are MIA. Please prove me wrong because I cant for the life of me seem to find them and I downloaded the ini.

Thraka 07-08-2009 14:26

Re: [L4D 1&2] Game Mode Config Loader

I found a better place which has more cvars: http://paste2.org/p/104807 or http://www.l4dmaps.com/l4d_cvar.php

I found this one: z_hit_from_behind_factor
Damage multiplier if zombie hits Survivor from behind

You may want to look at survivors health modifications... I donno how the game itself does it.

spiderlemur 07-20-2009 17:09

Plugin does not work for me, nothing changes from my default server.cfg when the gamemode changes.

I have coop.cfg , versus.cfg and survival.cfg in the left4dead/cfg folder, and the plugin in the plugins folder.

Thraka 07-21-2009 12:27

I'll contact you through PM and investigate.

madcap 07-23-2009 14:52

VS difficulty used to be change-able using the commands:

z_difficulty_locked 0
z_difficulty <difficulty>

I'm not sure if that still works but it's worth a try.

alicia 08-16-2009 08:56

Hi. This is not working for me. I have tried it on two servers. I put the plugin /l4d/left4dead/addons/sourcemod/plugins (with my other plugings) and created the cfg files and put them here /l4d/left4dead/cfg. I tested using coop at normal. I put specific different cvars in server.cfg, gamemode_config_coop.cfg and gamemode_config_coop_normal.cfg. The only cvar that worked was the server.cfg. Can someone please assist?

Thank you.
Alicia

madcap 08-16-2009 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by alicia (Post 902170)
Hi. This is not working for me. I have tried it on two servers. I put the plugin /l4d/left4dead/addons/sourcemod/plugins (with my other plugings) and created the cfg files and put them here /l4d/left4dead/cfg. I tested using coop at normal. I put specific different cvars in server.cfg, gamemode_config_coop.cfg and gamemode_config_coop_normal.cfg. The only cvar that worked was the server.cfg. Can someone please assist?

Thank you.
Alicia

Put your versus and coop cfg in /l4d/left4dead/cfg/sourcemod

alicia 08-16-2009 14:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by madcap (Post 902383)
Put your versus and coop cfg in /l4d/left4dead/cfg/sourcemod

ok got it. thanks!

shothead 10-10-2009 06:31

Plugin does not exec the coop.cfg on advance or normal, works on easy and expert. is there a fix for that

Thraka 10-10-2009 14:44

Since the last update, I cannot change the z_difficulty cvar at all. It always stays on NORMAL. Even when I vote in-game in coop mode to change to any difficulty and it always stays on NORMAL.

Thraka 10-10-2009 15:54

Downtown1's extension was locking me to normal difficulty, I removed that extension and retested. It runs the correct cfg's for me.

Double check your file names.