AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [L4D & L4D2] Game Mode Config Loader 1.6 (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=93212)

Danny_l4d 05-22-2011 17:47

Re: [L4D & L4D2] Game Mode Config Loader 1.6

read the first post you will see which works and which not

xioSlayer 05-24-2011 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danny_l4d (Post 1473791)
read the first post you will see which works and which not

OH sorry didn't realize this hasn't been updated since 2009...

EDIT: looks easy enough to edit myself. I'll post back if i get a chance to do that.

Thraka 05-24-2011 15:26

All you need to do is create a cfg file with the same name as the game mode and it will be executed. So it supports ALL mutations. For example, I believe realism versus is mutation12. So just create a file named mutation12.cfg in the cfg folder.

EDIT: Actually, I had coded this into 1.8 but never uploaded it. It is now updated.

xioSlayer 05-28-2011 11:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thraka (Post 1474876)
All you need to do is create a cfg file with the same name as the game mode and it will be executed. So it supports ALL mutations. For example, I believe realism versus is mutation12. So just create a file named mutation12.cfg in the cfg folder.

EDIT: Actually, I had coded this into 1.8 but never uploaded it. It is now updated.

Awesome thank you.

Danny_l4d 06-01-2011 14:18

getting this message in console

PHP Code:

ConVarRef test_progression_loop doesn't point to an existing ConVar 

and then the servers ping goes up and down, with version 1.6 I didnt have this.
game is l4d2

xioSlayer 06-13-2011 02:17

When i enabled this plugin, it makes the infected team have to be about 20 ft away from survivors to spawn. This is not right. When i disable the plugin, it goes away.

What could be causing this? I need the config loader D:

EDIT: Fixed it. I had to disable your "reset convars" convar. Why is that?

ShanXin 06-14-2011 19:06

For some reason, it's not working.
I checked the console for my server, it said that the coop file was being executed and that the cvar changed
sm_cvar sm_lastboss_enable 2
from 0 to 2
But when I was ingame, I checked the cvar, it was still 0, and the boss tanks wouldnt spawn when I spawned it.
Does the plugin not work with changing other plugin's values, it doesnt work with sm_cvar, or am I doing something wrong?

xioSlayer 06-18-2011 04:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShanXin (Post 1488395)
For some reason, it's not working.
I checked the console for my server, it said that the coop file was being executed and that the cvar changed
sm_cvar sm_lastboss_enable 2
from 0 to 2
But when I was ingame, I checked the cvar, it was still 0, and the boss tanks wouldnt spawn when I spawned it.
Does the plugin not work with changing other plugin's values, it doesnt work with sm_cvar, or am I doing something wrong?

Hmmmm, something fishy is up. I checked the source code, and the config loader works by merely executing a Server command to load the relevant .cfg file...

It works fine for my 'sm plugins load/unload <PLUGIN>' commands. Thats how i control what is enabled, configure the plugins then load and unload as needed.

Regardless, it should work with sm_cvar as well, since its just executing a config file as usual.

What happens when you try to change the cvar using the same command in-game?

EDIT: if the command works in game, then maybe your sm_lastboss_enable 2 is being loaded by that plugin's config file? and maybe game mode config loader is working, but then the other plugin changes it back since it reads from the .cfg in cfg/sourcemod

Thraka 08-16-2011 11:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by xioSlayer (Post 1486963)
When i enabled this plugin, it makes the infected team have to be about 20 ft away from survivors to spawn. This is not right. When i disable the plugin, it goes away.

What could be causing this? I need the config loader D:

EDIT: Fixed it. I had to disable your "reset convars" convar. Why is that?

HA! Something that has plagued my old server for a long time. I guess the default value or something internally is changed when reset convars is used? Very strange!

carlos moschen 08-28-2011 15:55

Help me out, everything I put in the "server.cfg" and I put in coop.cfg versus.cfg? the command to start the versus mode is that ?????? gamemode_config_versus.cfg what happens when you switch modes? the server restarts? map changes? Please help me!