AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [L4D] Heartbeat Trigger (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=102052)

bman87 08-29-2009 17:24

[L4D] Heartbeat Trigger

1 Attachment(s)
Description:
This plugin should work in all mods, but it was written for L4D.

This plugin creates a command sm_hb or !hb which will force every client in the server to send out a heartbeat. This is good when the server is stuck with 7/8 clients and no one is joining.

This will make every connected client including the server send out a heartbeat.

I wrote this in my private server plugin, but separated it out into its own plugin due to many requests. :)

CVARS:
sm_heartbeat_version -- Version of the plugin
sm_heartbeat_auto (Default: 1) -- This will make everyone on the server heartbeat when a client disconnects.
sm_heartbeat_timeout (Default: 20 seconds) -- This is the timeout value between which the command can be sent. (Admins are immune to this var)

Commands:
sm_hb
!hb

Version:
1.0: Release version

triggerman 08-29-2009 17:37

Re: [L4D] Heartbeat Trigger

does heartbeat actually do anything or is it one of those things that noone is really sure about but they do it anyways?

bman87 08-29-2009 17:44

I am not 100% sure, but it seems to help. If heartbeat doesn't do much, don't use the plugin ;)

LTR.2 08-29-2009 18:42

i think it should be usefull to alert another players when another survivor it's seeing black and white (about to die).

can you make it that way?

bman87 08-29-2009 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by LTR.2 (Post 917147)
i think it should be usefull to alert another players when another survivor it's seeing black and white (about to die).

can you make it that way?

Why would it matter when they are B&W? You should just use a advertisement plugin

LTR.2 08-29-2009 20:55

adversitement plugin for Players on Black and White mode?

bl4nk 08-29-2009 21:20

I thought the 'heartbeat' command was just to poll the master server's connection and check for any updates? How does it do anything for the client?

bman87 08-29-2009 23:57

Whoever the lobby leader of the server is the client responsible for any new players joining the server. At least thats what it seems like for tests ive done. If the lobby leader quits the server, I think its up to the server or another random person in the server.

This plugin seems to help. If we have 2 people rage quit, typing the !hb command we usually have people start joining right away.

Like I said before, I was just getting requests for this plugin on my server so I published it here

Whosat 08-29-2009 23:59

Haha wait some people are getting confused over the 'heartbeat' word. They're thinking its the heartbeat you hear when your screen goes b/w after being incapped a couple of times.

You should name it Server Heartbeat Trigger instead or something like that :crab:

bl4nk 08-30-2009 00:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by bman87 (Post 917421)
Whoever the lobby leader of the server is the client responsible for any new players joining the server. At least thats what it seems like for tests ive done. If the lobby leader quits the server, I think its up to the server or another random person in the server.

This plugin seems to help. If we have 2 people rage quit, typing the !hb command we usually have people start joining right away.

Like I said before, I was just getting requests for this plugin on my server so I published it here

The lobby leader has no influence over the server. It might work to issue the command on the server, but I'm certain the command does nothing if ran by a client.