AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   News (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Pawn Studio 0.8.3 is out! (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=64767)

Basic-Master 12-24-2007 06:25

Pawn Studio 0.8.3 is out!

Hello everyone!

I'm glad to say that Pawn Studio 0.8.3 has finally been released under the GPL 2! It is a completely new, rewritten IDE for Pawn that supports AMX Mod X, SourceMod and other Pawn versions. It has an improved IntelliSense (ClamSense) that allows you to write scripts more easily using the new auto-completition, call tips and other various, new features. It has also become a lot faster and more reliable than the old AMXX-Studio so it's definitely worth upgrading.

The new Pawn Studio comes with a completely new template system as well so you can create custom templates and share them. If you want me to add your new template to the official release or if just you find a bug in it, feel free to PM me.

If you want to give it a try, you can download it at http://sourceforge.net/projects/pawnstudio. I'd also like to thank Roach and vvg125 for their continuous beta-testing; without them I wouldn't have managed to make it as nice as it is now.

Merry christmas everyone, I hope you like this new editor. Feedback and donations are welcome.

Arkshine 12-24-2007 06:59

Re: Pawn Studio 0.8 is out!

Really nice! :o

Thanks & good job!

Alka 12-24-2007 07:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by arkshine (Post 566353)
Really nice! :o

Thanks & good job!

& Merry christmas :wink:

[ --<-@ ] Black Rose 12-24-2007 07:20

Thank you. I will check it out right now.

EDIT: Looks fucking great. I totally LOVE it.

Crashed first time i closed it.
Also when i switched quickly between tabs, error occured and the text was plain black instead of color highlighting.
But I still totally love it. Didn't save/send any error report.

Love this feature. No more funcwiki...
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...et/feature.jpg

Arkshine 12-24-2007 07:21

Basic-Master, I was wondering... How can I replace tab to space? Actually I'm using Notepad++ which allows me to change tab size (I found for that) and another option replacing tabs to space.

EDIT :

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Rose
EDIT: Looks fucking great. I totally LOVE it.

I agree. :mrgreen:

Basic-Master 12-24-2007 07:47

Heh, thanks :)
@arkshine: I guess you're looking for "Indentation Style", go to Editor -> Indentation in the settings dialog

Btw, don't forget to check out pstudio's most important function, the Baconize button in the Help menu

Edit: Thanks for the report, this should now be fixed in the release and in SVN. If you get any other crashes, feel free to send them to me via PM.

Alka 12-24-2007 08:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basic-Master (Post 566366)
Btw, don't forget to check out pstudio's most important function, the Baconize button in the Help menu

lawlz...also BM when when i put the default output folder to desktop is not working...but when i put it to D:\ is compiling it on desktop...:E, and if i have a plugin in a folder is compiling it on that folder...:|

Basic-Master 12-24-2007 08:32

I can confirm that; it has been fixed in SVN and on the SF downloads page.

[ --<-@ ] Black Rose 12-24-2007 10:19

The last closing bracket is tabbed if your code has no empty lines after it. ( Identing function )

It's not remembering any changes i make in Highlighter options.
Doesn't remember theme-change either.
My profiles are renamed to (Default) when i restart the program.

Identing function added an extra tab, I don't understand why... Watch the image.
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...et/identer.jpg

MikeRussia 12-24-2007 11:48

What about muilti-langual support?

Can translate on Russian

M249-M4A1 12-24-2007 14:33

Awesome! What a wonderful early Christmas present!

Basic-Master 12-24-2007 15:20

This bug only occured in the manual indentation function. It has been fixed in both SVN and on the SF page. Thanks!

Edit: Yes, it's fixed now. If you get any crash messages, please send them to me via PM and don't post them here.
Edit2: Packages have been updated again. In case you're still using a previous version, I recommend to re-download it from the SF page.

YamiKaitou 12-24-2007 18:32

Yay, finally an official version

/me is using it right now

vl@d 12-24-2007 18:45

some bugs but it works...:D
Good job...hope on the next vs will be fix the bugs

Roach 12-24-2007 20:29

Most of the bugtesting that I did was for the SourcePawn code side of PStudio, and I probably did not get all of the bugs. It's kinda difficult to bug-test new versions every day w/ a tight school schedule. That being said, I hope I grabbed as many of the bugs as I could in the 7 months of testing and releases that Basic-Bacon here gave me.

A few notes from a helpful tester though:

1) Make sure that your baconization's are working properly. If you would like to submit a baconization, please send a link to it as a PM in my inbox for further review. Baconizations are under the Help menu.

2) BE SURE TO SET YOUR COMPILERS BEFORE CODING. If you are finding some features aren't working, this is most likely why. Calltips and so forth will pop provided your compilers are set and your include files are in the right place. With the past few versions I have NOT had any issues with these.

3) We have not had this happen lately, but because this is a Release candidate version, please keep this in the back of your head. If the program suddenly "hangs" for a few seconds, completely randomly, as you are typing code, and then kinda slows down incrementally as you are typing, you need to do two things for us. First, hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and check and see if your memory usage for PStudio is out of whack (your CPU is most likely at 99-100%), and second, remember what you were doing when the hang occurred. Re-write the EXACT same set of code you were writing and see if it occurs again. If it does, come on into IRC (see below).

If you need MAJOR support w/ PStudio, come to irc.gamesurge.net #gaben. You can find myself and Basic-Master (when he is online) in there, as well as some other alpha-testers who have been working with the builds as they have been coming out. I'll offer what support I can, as well as help in reproducing bugs, flagging down Basic-Master if he isn't in the channel, and any other odds and ends relating to ONLY PStudio!!

Just remember that Basic-Master is only human...so be sure to harp on every fault and screw up he makes in programming this thing as much as possible!

FlyingMongoose 12-24-2007 21:57

great work man.

tcviper 12-25-2007 06:11

Always nice to see when HL1 and HL2 things come together :) Great job Basic-Master

commonbullet 12-25-2007 08:52

Looks awesome, good job. ;)

I was about to request a feature but I guess it's too early; furthermore it already comes with baconize.

IneedHelp 12-25-2007 14:44

Good job ! i likte it:wink:

Merry Christmas to all :D

vvg125 12-25-2007 17:41

Whoa! I disappear for 3 days and this gets released... O_o

Yay for official release. :D

Basic-Master 12-26-2007 10:41

The packages have just been updated on SourceForge. It contains new fixes for the indentation, for the code explorer and now remembers the last used theme. If you find any other bugs, please PM me.

As I already said, feedback is very welcome in here :)

Alka 12-26-2007 12:06

Hmm seem that "Code Inspector" don't recognize all functions, here is a eg with Pawn Studio and Amxx Studio

Amxx Studio
[IMG]http://img172.**************/img172/9494/amxxstudiovh6.th.jpg[/IMG]

Pawn Studio
[IMG]http://img172.**************/img172/4725/pawnstdiopn8.th.jpg[/IMG]

Basic-Master 12-26-2007 19:30

That's true, I'm not planning to fix that soon though. The Code Inspector works well for precompiler statements and variables; fixing it up for everything else would be just too much work for me (would take ages and that stuff is absolutely boring to code). Besides, I don't think there are a lot of people who really use it for coding.

CaffeinePowered 12-26-2007 21:41

This is really sweet, nice job

purple_pixie 12-27-2007 05:13

This is awesome.

Have only had a quick look at it, really, but it's looking fun.

I get a lot of display issues, but that's something to do with my laptop/resolution, I assume, and partly due to hard-coded box/text positions.

Pro Patria Finland 12-27-2007 11:59

I am trying to write fast bugfixes. I just lost about 50 lines of code, with an unexplainable crash. :cry:

Basic-Master 12-27-2007 13:23

As I already said, if you find any bugs, please send them to me and how you can reproduce them via PM (including the bug report if you get one).

Pro Patria Finland 12-27-2007 14:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basic-Master (Post 567377)
As I already said, if you find any bugs, please send them to me and how you can reproduce them via PM (including the bug report if you get one).

Well, I don't think you can reproduce it, as the program crashed while simply writing text, nothing more.

Wasn't able to reproduce it myself, didn't really lose that much of anything, and after that I've had no bad experiences. I like this, despiting the rocky start. :)

Roach 12-28-2007 00:55

Bacon-face: 3 Things.

1) Check Your Googlemail Account. I sent you an e-mail.

2) I am away for the next week, thus, no IRC or AIM contact from me. Expect large amounts of anarchy.

3) I have not noticed that you have updated the download on SF about five times, thus I LOVE BACON

Yep, it's true.

recon0 01-01-2008 21:07

Only two words... Awsome IDE!

Sn!ff3r 01-02-2008 03:09

Hmm, what big changes than AMXX Studio?

I will try it :P

Basic-Master 01-02-2008 06:56

Hello everyone,
I have just released Pawn Studio 0.8.1. This release fixes most of the reported issues, I recommend everyone to upgrade ASAP. A complete changelog can be found on the projects page. If you find any other bugs, please PM me and tell me how you can reproduce that and include the bug report if you get one :P

What's left to do for 1.0? In the next release I'll add project files and a new generator API which allows users to develop and share their own generators. I might enhance the code inspector as well if there is any interest in it.

I hope you like the new release, feedback and donations are very welcome :)

Oh, and before I forget, happy new year!

Edit: Because someone has already requested these features: It's possible to set code bookmarks using Ctrl+Alt+B and to jump to the next one using Ctrl+B. Custom tab sizes will be added in the next version too.

Alka 01-02-2008 07:03

Re: Pawn Studio 0.8.1 is out!

This is awesome. Gj again, i'll test this asap. Eh and Happy new year to you too. :p

EDIT:Tested it out, and seem to work fine!

johnjg75 01-05-2008 05:03

hmm, redo(Ctrl + Y) doesn't seem to be working right.. instead it does undo (for me anyway)

JFeldon 01-05-2008 13:21

Yeah he's right. Redo is doing the same as undo hehe.

Other than that it's great! Profiles work well and nice start screen, awesome! :D

Basic-Master 01-06-2008 17:54

Oh, right, thanks! This has been fixed in revision 244, a new version can be found in SVN.

vl@d 01-08-2008 11:05

For linux ?

Basic-Master 01-08-2008 17:11

what.

Roach 01-08-2008 23:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by vl@d (Post 571823)
For linux ?

Run it under wine.

sreeja 01-09-2008 05:36

It is a good news.Pawn Studio 0.8.1 is very nice.