AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [TF2] NativeVotes MapChooser (v1.5.4, 2014-03-05) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=208010)

Powerlord 02-09-2013 02:15

[TF2] NativeVotes MapChooser (v1.5.4, 2014-03-05)

17 Attachment(s)
Requirements:
Team Fortress 2 or CS:GO (CS:GO support broken since March 2013)
SourceMod 1.5.0 or newer
NativeVotes 0.60 or newer, 0.8.0 or newer recommended

Description:
This is, literally, a drop-in replacement for the SourceMod MapChooser, with the Menu-related code replaced with NativeVotes vote-related code. It even uses the standard MapChooser's mapchooser.cfg. Note: It does not remove mapchooser, you need to do that yourself.

If NativeVotes is not available, falls back to the SourceMod vote system.

The major difference from MapChooser is that NativeVotes MapChooser uses the F1-F5 keys for voting instead of 1-6 (or 4-8 for MapChooser Extended).
And the vote finished without me choosing anything, so it chose for me.

Changelog
    • Version number has been increased to 1.6.0 to show that it is synced with SourceMod 1.6.x
    • Synced with MapChooser 1.6.x
      • MapChooser now checks if we've run out of votes before trying to add the first vote item. This prevents unhelpful errors when we run out of maps.
      • MapChooser now has a number of checks in place for votes that have no items in them and will refuse to start such a vote.
      • MapChooser will no longer randomly choose Extend or Don't Change if no one votes.
    • Separated out vote logic for normal and NativeVotes votes. This means that a vote now knows if it was a standard or NativeVotes vote and will no longer attempt (and fail) to switch vote styles mid-vote if NativeVotes is loaded/unloaded.
    • If NativeVotes is being used, increased the time between a vote ending and a runoff vote starting. This prevents an issue where runoff votes would sometimes fail to display to users. This new value is 3 seconds (old value was 2 seconds), which matches the amount of time NativeVotes uses internally for /revote .
    • Ported the SourceMod 1.5.3 double-nomination bugfix to NativeVotes MapChooser.
    • Ported the removal of g_NominateCount from SourceMod 1.5.3, should fix nomination count being off.
    • Better detection of SourceMod's MapChooser, since this can't run at the same time as it.
    • No longer tries using NativeVotes votes on games that don't support multiple choice votes (although why are you using this MapChooser on a non-supported game?)
  • 1.5.3 (minor fix)
    • Fix version cvar not being marked as notify and don't record.
    • Fixed a bug with displaying menu items, specifically translating Extend and Don't Change.
    • Updated to support NativeVotes 0.8.0 or newer.
    • The plugin now sends a "not enough votes" failure message between the first vote and a runoff vote. This fixes the issue where runoff votes wouldn't work until you did a !revote
    • There is a two second delay between the first vote and the runoff vote to give time for the previously mentioned failure message to appear. This is because the fail screen has a 1 second delay on it and it would otherwise block the runoff vote from appearing.
    • NativeVotes max allowed vote options should now be taken into account (via the NativeVotes_GetMaxItems call, rather than hard-coding 5).
    • The number of maps in the vote will have 1 subtracted if NativeVotes is in use and extend is used (due to the 5-map hard limit).
    • Synchronized with SourceMod Mapchooser changes, specifically the increase of all map-name fields from 32/33/64/65 to PLATFORM_MAX_PATH.
  • 1.5.0: Initial Public Release, based on MapChooser 1.5.0

Known Bugs:
See: NativeVotes Known Bugs.

NativeVotes has five vote-related cvars for displaying ongoing votes:
  • nativevotes_vote_delay
  • nativevotes_progress_hintbox
  • nativevotes_progress_chat
  • nativevotes_progress_console
  • nativevotes_progress_client_console

Get Plugin does not work because this requires nativevotes.inc to compile.

Custo 05-29-2013 22:56

Re: [TF2] NativeVotes MapChooser (v1.5, 2013-02-08)

Just started using this version, and the extended map option doesn't seem to show up after changing the sm_mapvote_extend command to 2.

After a little playing with, changing sm_mapvote_include from 5 to 4, it shows the extend option.

Should it be doing that?

EDIT: Also found out the runoff votes are buggy. Each time a runoff vote starts, no one can pick anything unless they do !revote first.

Powerlord 05-31-2013 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Custo (Post 1960965)
Just started using this version, and the extended map option doesn't seem to show up after changing the sm_mapvote_extend command to 2.

After a little playing with, changing sm_mapvote_include from 5 to 4, it shows the extend option.

Should it be doing that?

I probably forgot to adjust the map count (which is what I do on MapChooser Extended) when there are extends left.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Custo (Post 1960965)
EDIT: Also found out the runoff votes are buggy. Each time a runoff vote starts, no one can pick anything unless they do !revote first.

That's... strange. Do you see a vote pass or fail message between the two votes? The fail message has to happen or users can't cast a new vote.

Edit: I checked the code and it doesn't. That's an oversight on my part. Will fix soon.

Powerlord 05-31-2013 13:26

OK, so I posted version 1.5.1 just before I left for lunch earlier.

Here's what changed:

• The plugin now sends a "not enough votes" failure message between the first vote and a runoff vote. This fixes the issue where runoff votes wouldn't work until you did a !revote
  • There is a two second delay between the first vote and the runoff vote to give time for the previously mentioned failure message to appear. This is because the fail screen has a 1 second delay on it and it would otherwise block the runoff vote from appearing.
  • NativeVotes max allowed vote options should now be taken into account (via the NativeVotes_GetMaxItems call, rather than hard-coding 5).
  • The number of maps in the vote will have 1 subtracted if NativeVotes is in use and extend is used (due to the 5-map hard limit).
  • Synchronized with SourceMod Mapchooser changes, specifically the increase of all map-name fields from 32/33/64/65 to PLATFORM_MAX_PATH.
Note: I'm at work and can't actually test this right now.

Powerlord 08-27-2013 15:39

Re: [TF2] NativeVotes MapChooser (v1.5.1, 2013-05-31)

2 Attachment(s)
Here's version 1.5.2 that requires NativeVotes 0.8.0 and takes advantage of some of the new features.

Powerlord 08-28-2013 12:33

There's a bug in yesterday's version that shouldn't affect anything (as I already implemented the missing actions), but I'll fix and re-post the code when I have an editor and compiler handy.

Powerlord 08-28-2013 18:53

2 Attachment(s)
OK, here's a new build of 1.5.2 which should fix any potential issues with MenuAction_Display.

reji 08-31-2013 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powerlord (Post 2023728)
OK, here's a new build of 1.5.2 which should fix any potential issues with MenuAction_Display.

Looks like it requires latest NativeVotes from git:
Quote:

nativevotes_mapchooser.sp(1096) : error 017: undefined symbol "NativeVotes_RedrawVoteItem"
Later: Oh... ok, sorry for my inattention.

Powerlord 08-31-2013 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by reji (Post 2025783)
Looks like it requires latest NativeVotes from git:

Yes, just like the build before it did... I thought it was implied that the new one would too.

reji 09-19-2013 07:17

Trying current versions of NV and NV Mapchooser from git. There is no problem in-game (voting for a map works), but I see this on a server console:
Spoiler

Same with NV 0.8.0 and NV Mapchooser 1.5.1. No errors with 0.7.9/1.5.1.
SourceMod version is 1.5.1.
Installed SourceMod plugins:
Spoiler

P.S. Sorry for poor English.