AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Approved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Anti-Silent Plant - v1.5 - 2006-05-23 (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=28133)

SubStream 05-07-2006 22:22

Anti-Silent Plant - v1.5 - 2006-05-23

3 Attachment(s)
Anti-Silent Plant

Normally in Counter-Strike, when you plant the c4 (bomb) you hear a beeping noise coming from it. However, a person can plant the c4 in a way that causes the c4 to not emit this sound. This is called a Silent Plant. In all CAL matches for Counter-Strike silent planting is against the rules. It makes it difficult (and near impossible sometimes) to find the bomb when you cannot hear it and did not see where exactly the terrorist planted the bomb. IMHO, this is a cheap tactic.

This plugin prevents a silent plant from occuring by creating an additional entity with the classname func_illusionary and emitting the same sound at the same time and origin with the same volume, attenuation, flags, and pitch as the c4 normally would.

Installation
File Locations:
  • .\plugins\antisilentplant.amxx
Modules Required
  • fakemeta
The idea came from my desire to have a fairly ran server. In the past silent planting (on de_dust2 especially) became a real annoyance. I believe this will take care of the problem for anyone who dislikes silent planting as much as I do.

Plugin History

[2006-05-23] v1.5
  • Fixed a problem that was causing servers to crash after round restarts where the bomb was not planted the round before.
[2006-05-15] v1.4
  • Changed volume, attenuation, flags, and pitch emitted to match the emitted parameters of the C4 exactly. Sound emitted is now perfectly identical in every aspect to that of the original C4.
[2006-05-09] v1.3
  • Blocked C4 beep from occuring so that you don't hear a duel-beep affect when not silent planted.
[2006-05-09] v1.2
  • Removed engine natives and replaced them with fakemeta so that the engine module is no longer necessary to use this plugin.
[2006-05-07] v1.1
  • Removed unnecessary code from plugin_init.
[2006-05-07] v1.0
  • Initial release.

Xanimos 05-07-2006 22:23

Valve fixed the silent plant bug didn't they?....I swear they did.

SubStream 05-07-2006 22:26

I just went in CS 3 minutes before I released this and silent planted. From what I understand silent planting occurs when the c4 is partially merged with part of the map and therefore the normally emitted sound is not heard. If you would like I will give you the IP to show you a silent plant or you can give me yours if you have a server and I will silent plant on dust2 to show you.

Xanimos 05-07-2006 22:27

No, I knew how to do it. I just remember not being able to do it anymore. Havn't tryed in a while though.

SubStream 05-07-2006 22:28

Oh ok well I didn't know what a silent plant was until about October 05 last year and since I've always been able to silent plant and always have the problem in my server.

Xanimos 05-07-2006 22:34

change
Code:
    if ( ! find_ent_by_class ( -1, "func_bomb_target" ) )     {         return PLUGIN_HANDLED     }         else     {         register_logevent ( "fn_triggerplanted" , 3, "1=triggered", "2=Planted_The_Bomb" )         register_logevent ( "fn_triggerroundstart" , 2, "1=Round_Start" )         register_forward ( FM_EmitSound, "fn_soundcheck" )     }         return PLUGIN_CONTINUE }
to
Code:
    if ( find_ent_by_class ( -1, "func_bomb_target" ) )     {         register_logevent ( "fn_triggerplanted" , 3, "1=triggered", "2=Planted_The_Bomb" )         register_logevent ( "fn_triggerroundstart" , 2, "1=Round_Start" )         register_forward ( FM_EmitSound, "fn_soundcheck" )     } }

You don't need to have any returns in plugin_init() and returning PLUGIN_HANDLED does nothing in plugin init. it would do the same as PLUGIN_CONTINUE

Change that and I will approve.

SubStream 05-07-2006 22:39

OK TY for the tip didn't know that. Changes are done.

uTg | bigpapajiggs 05-08-2006 03:06

Good concept. I will be adding this to my server.

SubStream 05-08-2006 03:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by uTg|Jigga
Good concept. I will be adding this to my server.

TY TY. I'm just waitin for the first person who silent plants on dust2 to ask why its making noise lol... they'll be like :? huh????

Gunny 05-08-2006 11:22

I will be installing this !!

Thx