AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=84609)

tfphoenix 01-30-2009 17:46

Re: [L4D] Director Controller (Overseer)

Suggestion: Allow "z_spawn mob" without sv_cheats on because it spawns a hoard but doesn't make them howl (howling at random times will be a giveaway)

wgooch 01-30-2009 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by tfphoenix (Post 752895)
Suggestion: Allow "z_spawn mob" without sv_cheats on because it spawns a hoard but doesn't make them howl (howling at random times will be a giveaway)

True, but there's also a sound that tells you about the mob, intact it even tells you the size of the mob, lower pitched sounds means larger mobs.

tfphoenix 01-30-2009 21:48

Mobs of all sizes actually happen at random intervals. A panic never just happens, you have to set off an alarm, activate a lift etc. A mob would raise 0 suspision.

grandwazir 01-30-2009 23:14

Hello everyone, I've finished completing version two and I will release it once I've finished testing it.

Quote:

Mobs of all sizes actually happen at random intervals. A panic never just happens, you have to set off an alarm, activate a lift etc. A mob would raise 0 suspision.
Yeah, this is possible in the next version, just choose to spawn a mob instead of triggering a panic event.

Quote:

Okie dokie mate i wont download it till you've got the message not appearin in the chat box to work so when it does this is 100% goin on my server as it can make the game so much more fun especially if people think its the game n not an admin :D lol
Notifications can be disabled in the new version by setting a4d_notify_players to false.

Quote:

I love the plug but keep having the same problem if I Force the director to spawn a tank, it keeps spawning tanks for the rest of the game like 4 a map on vs maps. Any one else having this problem?
This is an error on my part as I thought CVARS were reset back to their defaults on a map change. The new version resets settings to defaults automatically on each map start. You can also do it yourself by typing a4d_reset_to_defaults.

OnceI've documented and tested the last remaining features I'll release it. Should be done about lunch time (GMT). Thanks for all the feedback!

grandwazir 01-31-2009 04:06

Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)

Version 1.2 is ready! I've tested it as much as I can on my own. If you find any bugs do please tell me.

Inker 01-31-2009 12:04

Whenever I use it to spawn a tank, it has 0 health. Whats the reason for this?

grandwazir 01-31-2009 12:38

Quote:

Whenever I use it to spawn a tank, it has 0 health. What's the reason for this?
Don't know. I think the director is somehow responsible but I'm not sure. It will spawn with some health just not a lot. If anyone can tell me why this happens it will be helpful.

wgooch 01-31-2009 13:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inker (Post 753245)
Whenever I use it to spawn a tank, it has 0 health. Whats the reason for this?

Player's that are z_spawned since the last update, will have no health keyvalue, give health or sethealth solves this issue.

grandwazir 01-31-2009 14:02

Ah right. Seems easy enough. I'll look into fixing it in the next few days.

tfphoenix 01-31-2009 19:42

This works like a freakin dream dood. Thanks for updating it!