AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   TF2 pregame mayhem (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=77232)

ratty 09-08-2008 02:10

TF2 pregame mayhem

1 Attachment(s)
During "waiting for players", turn on friendlyfire and instant spawn. It's actually a big hit on my server, and I don't run a "fun" server either. It does not disrupt gameplay at all, the silly stuff ends when the game starts, it gives people something to do while waiting for people to join, consider it a warmup.
If you want a longer waiting for players time, say, 60 seconds, put this in your server.cfg:

sm_cvar mp_waitingforplayers_time 60

For coders: It works by counting each round start, there is one "teamplay_round_start" event when the first player joins a team, then another when the actual game or setup time starts. There is an event called "teamplay_waiting_begins" but it never fired.

p.s. karma me up, I got into a few flamewars here before and could use the positive cosmic energy to balance. :)

1.1 - fixed possible bug that would print errors in the logs.
1.0 - initial release

DontWannaName 09-08-2008 04:17

Re: TF2 pregame mayhem

Works great on my server, takes a minute for people to understand. Can you add a message on map start to clients that says TKing will not affect your ingame stats or some sort of welcome message telling people that this is on and that it wont affect stats.

imported_Anth0ny 09-08-2008 06:46

nice plugin =)
+1 to previous message request

MaKTaiL 09-08-2008 07:48

Simple plugin, GREAT idea. Congratulations!!!

I have just rated the thread. Excellent!!

r3dh3adkid 09-08-2008 08:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by DontWannaName (Post 682904)
Works great on my server, takes a minute for people to understand. Can you add a message on map start to clients that says TKing will not affect your ingame stats or some sort of welcome message telling people that this is on and that it wont affect stats.

If you use psychostats it will still count I think. Well, as long as all those kills are added to the log files then it will affect your rank.

MaKTaiL 09-08-2008 08:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by r3dh3adkid (Post 682958)
If you use psychostats it will still count I think. Well, as long as all those kills are added to the log files then it will affect your rank.

He was talking about the built-in stats of DODS. The ones we have on TF2 as well.

ThatGuy 09-08-2008 09:53

Nice job! Seems like alot of fun :D

ifx 09-08-2008 10:40

i think its soo baad for medics that can leveling to make a charge

DontWannaName 09-08-2008 12:40

Well I was talking about hlstatsx but I have tking set to not matter. Just turn tf_stats or whatever off then on again just like with the other commands if its ingame stats that are the problem.

Flyflo 09-08-2008 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by ifx (Post 683014)
i think its soo baad for medics that can leveling to make a charge

"waiting for players" doesn't means "setup round" :wink: