AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Approved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   KeyValue Event Manager (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=58758)

ts2do 08-01-2007 21:29

KeyValue Event Manager

7 Attachment(s)
This plugin can serve other plugins by working as an engine to inform plugins of KeyValue changes to an entity. It can highly compress the amount of code for a plugin and can serve multiple plugins. If this plugin needs to be added for another plugin's functionality, this plugin should be added at the end of plugins.ini. To author a plugin under this engine, kve.inc must be saved to ..\amxmodx\scripting\includes\

Code:
// entity_callback(const szValue[], entid, kvdid) // worldspawn_callback(bKeyExists, const szValue[]) native register_keyvalue(szClassName[32], szKeyName[64], szFunction[32]);
Example:
Code:
#include <amxmodx> #include <kve> ... public plugin_precache() {     register_keyvalue("worldspawn", "skyname", "handle_worldspawn_skyname");     register_keyvalue("game_score", "points", "handle_game_score_points"); } public handle_worldspawn_skyname(bKeyExists, const szValue[]) {     ... } public handle_game_score_points(const szValue[], entid, kvdid) {     // Within here, you can change the key or value using fakemeta's set_kvd     ... } ...

Known Issues:
  • Maps stored in a game's GCF do not get their worldspawn keyvalue events triggered. To fix this problem, simply extract all of the BSP files inside the game's GCF to the game's maps folder.

Plugins:

Wilson [29th ID] 08-06-2007 16:26

Re: KeyValue Event Manager

Great idea man; I'm sure I'll have a use for this.

ts2do 08-18-2007 09:06

If (When) this plugin gets accepted, can kve.inc be uploaded to the online compiler?

Alka 08-18-2007 09:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by ts2do (Post 520009)
If (When) this plugin gets accepted, can kve.inc be uploaded to the online compiler?

Contact BAILOPAN.

X-Script 08-18-2007 15:12

Good job.
:)

hoboman 08-24-2007 18:39

man, i have no idea what this plug in or any of the plug ins in your signature are used for.
could you write a descriptions for people who don't know how to code?
cause i don't see the practical use of these plug ins. are you trying to say that if i put this up on my server it will run faster? have better reg?
<---- very lost

if they don't have a practical use, but they are only used to somehow enhance the amxx engine I think it should be included with the next version of amxx instead of being released as an individual plug in.

Hawk552 08-24-2007 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoboman (Post 522935)
man, i have no idea what this plug in or any of the plug ins in your signature are used for.
could you write a descriptions for people who don't know how to code?
cause i don't see the practical use of these plug ins. are you trying to say that if i put this up on my server it will run faster? have better reg?
<---- very lost

if they don't have a practical use, but they are only used to somehow enhance the amxx engine I think it should be included with the next version of amxx instead of being released as an individual plug in.

This is a very small API which other plugins use to give them enhanced features and better ease of use. The idea is to centralize a certain function that would otherwise be repeated among other plugins in order to save the overhead and speed loss of that redundancy.

Basically, just don't use it unless you're told to by another plugin.

hoboman 08-24-2007 22:36

so it is only necessary to get this plug in if you wanna use the "all in one engine patch" and "exploit restriction".

could you kindly explain what those two plug ins are used for too? lol

ts2do 08-27-2007 08:03

Can you read their page descriptions?

ts2do 08-30-2007 08:27

BAILOPAN uploaded kve.inc to the online compiler. Now you don't need to know anything about compiling to download and install the child plugins.