AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Metamod:Source Questions (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   what do i wrong when installing metamod?? (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=164548)

AeroAcrobat 08-12-2011 20:32

what do i wrong when installing metamod??

hi,
here is my problem:

I just cant get metamod working for TF2.

and here is my procedure:

1. Downloaded the latest snapshot of Metamod source and copied the addons folder on my server (../orangebox/tf).

2. Made a "metamod.vdf" file with the following content:
Code:

"Plugin"
{
"file" "../tf/addons/metamod/bin/server"
}

looked up in google for TF2 vdf and sometime its "bin/server" or "bin/server.so" or "bin/server_i486.so".

I tried all 3 ways, also the vdf maker @ official metamod website.

4. have written the following in /orangebox/tf/addons/metamod/metaplugins.ini :
Code:

;********* LIST PLUGINS BELOW ***********

; Sourcemod
addons/sourcemod/bin/sourcemod_mm

and still metamod is not working. If I'm writting meta or meta list in console it says unknown command.

Can someone help me ??

Thank you!

AeroAcrobat 08-14-2011 02:02

Re: what do i wrong when installing metamod??

Ok i figured it my self out:

The official Metamod site is confusing...
original Text:
Quote:

You're done! Click the button below to download your metamod.vdf file. Once you have it, save it to your addons folder.
I had to paste the metamod.vdf in ../orangebox/tf/addons/metamod/ and not /orangebox/tf/addons/

If this would be written on the official metamod site I could save myself lot of time.... >_>

can be closed!

asherkin 08-14-2011 07:58

The text on the site is correct, I think you may just be confused between SourceMod and Metamod:Source.

MM:S's VDF file is metamod.vdf, you download it from that page and it goes in /orangebox/tf/addons since it's a VSP (Valve Server Plugin).

SourceMod's VDF file is sourcemod.vdf, and it's included in the SourceMod download and goes in /orangebox/tf/addons/metamod since it's a Metamod:Source plugin.

AeroAcrobat 08-15-2011 01:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by asherkin (Post 1532273)
The text on the site is correct, I think you may just be confused between SourceMod and Metamod:Source.

MM:S's VDF file is metamod.vdf, you download it from that page and it goes in /orangebox/tf/addons since it's a VSP (Valve Server Plugin).

SourceMod's VDF file is sourcemod.vdf, and it's included in the SourceMod download and goes in /orangebox/tf/addons/metamod since it's a Metamod:Source plugin.

I really dont know what was wrong on my server. but every time i had metamod.vdf in my tf/addons/ folder the output of the console was unkown command and since i put the metamod.vdf in my tf/addons/metamod/ folder everything works just fine!

so currently in my metamod folder are:
- metamod.vdf and
- sourcemod.vdf

and in my addons folder are only 2 folders:
- metamod folder
- sourcemod folder

I was first also confused because on my css Server its like you said.
But anyway it works now and I dont want mess with it :)
thanks for reply!