AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [L4D] Restricted Zones (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=83577)

djromero 01-11-2009 17:21

[L4D] Restricted Zones

3 Attachment(s)
This plugin allows you to define specific locations as restricted zones for the Survivors in L4D. You can define up to 10 locations for each map.

This was meant for places like the closet near the elevator in the No Mercy Hospital, or under the Ramp on the finale of the same campaign.

For each zone you need to indicate the exact coordinates (by moving your "survivor" to it) and then indicate the location you want the player moved to when it reaches the restricted zone. You can't define a "move to" location that's within the restricted zone.

NOTES:
* There's no default restricted zones included with the plugin.
* Root access is requiered to execute the commands.

Commands:

rz_storeloc [radious]
It stores the current player's location as a restricted zone. Radious is optional. Default value is 50. After this command, you have to indicate the "move-to" location by using the rz_storemoveto command.

rz_storemoveto
Stores the 'move-to' location for last restricted zone stored. Only after this command the restricted zone will be really stored. NOTE: New restricted zones become in effect right away, so you can test them.

rz_deletenear [radious]
It deletes all the restricted zones near the current location of the player. If radious is not provided, 100 is used as a default. It prints out all the deleted locations.

rz_deleteall
It deletes all the restricted zones for the current map.

Change log:

Version 1.0
- Restrict 2 locations on 2 VS maps of the No Mercy campaign. Nothing more. :grrr:

Version 1.1
- Fixed some issues about old restricted zones not being reset on a new map start if the map didn't have any restricted location.

- Improved timer: Now the checks doesn't occur that often if the player is far away from any restricted spot. They become more often when the players get closer to a restricted spot. Original idea from: ChillyWI.

- Timer is disabled on maps that doesn't have restricted zones.

- Added commands to store/delete restricted zones.

Version 1.1.1
- Fixed some issues when loading .cfg file.
- Uploaded 2 sample .CFG files (closet near elevator and ramp on finale).

Version 1.1.2
- Added public cvar.

{7~11} TROLL 01-11-2009 17:40

Re: [L4D] Restricted Zones

sounds cool could use something like this on css

santaclaus 01-11-2009 19:19

That seem interesting ...

wgooch 01-11-2009 19:49

It sounds very useful, but could you provide more details on how it works? possible list the commands to block areas.

Shango 01-11-2009 19:50

Code:

// We program a check function to execute every 500 milliseconds (1/2 of a second)
    CreateTimer(0.5, LocationCheckThread, _,TIMER_REPEAT);

}

Umm.. wouldn't this be a strain on the server? ie wouldn't it cause lag? i'm not sure on how resource taxing things like this are i'm just asking...

wgooch 01-11-2009 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shango (Post 742493)
Code:

// We program a check function to execute every 500 milliseconds (1/2 of a second)
    CreateTimer(0.5, LocationCheckThread, _,TIMER_REPEAT);

}

Umm.. wouldn't this be a strain on the server? ie wouldn't it cause lag? i'm not sure on how resource taxing things like this are i'm just asking...

The game is always checking what area that the player is in, so I don't think that this would cause much of a problem, but I'm really bad at this stuff so don't take my word for it.

Ydiss 01-11-2009 20:23

I've been looking for something like this for a while. Will check it out tomorrow and let you know how it runs.

Perhaps you could add a cfg file that lists the blocked locations by coordinates, to allow admins to remove or add areas they choose?

ChillyWI 01-11-2009 20:28

Very interesting, but we need more info. Does it kill people that enter those areas or just prevent them from getting in there in the first place? Are there configurable cvars to allow different behavior, like timing?

Ydiss 01-11-2009 20:54

It doesn't work. Just tested it and ran right into the closet near the NM4 elevator, and went right under the ramp on NM5 finale.

This was Coop.

Can you give more information, please? How do you turn it on?

Keamos 01-11-2009 23:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ydiss (Post 742514)
It doesn't work. Just tested it and ran right into the closet near the NM4 elevator, and went right under the ramp on NM5 finale.

This was Coop.

Can you give more information, please? How do you turn it on?

The way it's written currently, it'll only work on VS.

if (StrContains(MapName, "l4d_vs_hospital04_interior", false)==0)

if (StrContains(MapName, "l4d_vs_hospital05_rooftop", false)==0)