AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Approved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Bad Camper 1.4.239 (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=18452)

Brad 09-24-2005 20:29

Bad Camper 1.4.239

14 Attachment(s)
Bad Camper 1.4.239 (released: July 21, 2008 )

This plugin punishes players that camp too long. Camping is a strategy, no doubt about it. However, like most things in life, it's best done in moderation. That's why Bad Camper exists. It allows players to camp but encourages them to not pitch a tent.

There can be a combination of punishments that get applied to a player that camps too long. Punishments start when the player's camping meter reaches 80%. They get worse at 90%. They finally come to a crescendo at 100%.

Table of Contents

Support
Installation
Options (CVARS)
Commands
Installation Files
Notes
Change Log
Credits
Previous Versions (unsupported)

Support

If you are posting in this thread because the plugin or a feature of the plugin isn't working for you, please do all of the following so that we can more efficiently figure out what's going on:

Quote:

If you have access to your game server's console, type the following in the server console:
  • status
  • meta list
  • amxx plugins
  • amxx cvars
If you don't have access the your game server's console, join your server and type the following in your game console:
  • status
  • rcon_password your_rcon_password
  • rcon meta list
  • rcon amxx plugins
  • rcon amxx cvars
Paste everything from the status command *except* the player list.
Paste the entire result from the meta list and amxx plugins commands.
Paste *only* the CVARs that contain "bad_camper.amxx" in the last column from the amxx cvars command. They will be grouped together.
Installation

File Locations:
  • .\gamemod\addons\amxmodx\plugins\bad_camper.amxx
  • .\gamemod\addons\amxmodx\data\lang\bad_camper.txt
  • .\gamemod\sounds\misc\snore.wav
Modules:
  • fun (required)
  • fakemeta (required)
  • cstrike (optional; required if utilizing money reduction punishment)
  • csx (required if running CS or CS:CZ)
  • dodx (required if running DoD)
  • tfcx (required if running TFC)
Options (CVARS)

badcamper_punish <iFlags>
Specifies how a player is to be punished when they camp too long. A value of 0 will disable this plugin.

The flags are additive.
  • 1: Slap
  • 2: Health Reduction
  • 4: Sound (set sound via badcamper_sound)
  • 8: Blind
  • 16: Money Reduction (requires CSTRIKE module)
  • 32: Snark Attack (requires Monster Mod with Snarks enabled)
The default is 12 (snore and blind).

badcamper_sound <iFlag>
Specifies the sound to use as a punishment when the badcamper_punish flag includes the "sound" punishment.
  • 1: Snore
  • 2: Heartbeat
The default is 1 (snore).

badcamper_money <iPercentage>
Specifies the percentage of money taken away when a player's meter reaches 100% when using the "money reduction" punishment.

The default is 10 percent.

badcamper_limit <iSeconds>
Specifies the number of seconds a player can camp in one spot before their camping meter will reach 100%.

The default is 35 seconds.

badcamper_display <iPercentage>
Specifies the percentage at which the meter is displayed to the player. Valid values range from 0 (never show) to 100.

The default is 1 percent.

badcamper_show_spec <0|1>
Specifies whether to allow spectators to see other player's meters.

The default is 1, to allow it.

badcamper_check_all <0|1>
Specifies whether only the team with the current primary objective should be checked for camping or if both teams should.
  • 0: only check the team with the current primary objective
  • 1: always check both teams
The default is 1.

The current primary objective is defined as follows:
  • if the map is not a "de" map, the CTs have the primary objective
  • if the map is a "de" map and the bomb hasn't been planted, the Ts have the primary objective
  • if the map is a "de" map and the bomb has been planted, the CTs have the primary objective
badcamper_immunity_flags <cAccessLevels>
Specifies the access level flags needed for a player to have immunity.

Immunity is achieved by standing completely still and not looking around for approximately 6 seconds. The camp meter will still increase until it reaches 65% or more at which time it'll stop until they move or look around again. If the meter is already at 80% or higher, the meter won't stop.

Set this CVAR to blank to disallow immunity.

For available flags, http://wiki.amxmodx.org/index.php/Ad...#Access_Levels

The default is blank (no immunity).

A common value, when admin immunity is desired, is to use the "a" flag (ADMIN_IMMUNITY).

badcamper_start <iSeconds>
Specifies how many seconds after the freeze time ends each round that the meter will start.

The default is 4 seconds.

Note that camping is checked every 2 seconds so any value you put in here will effectively be rounded up as such.

badcamper_damage_reset <iResetType>
Specifies if the attacker's or defender's meter gets reset when the player is injured by another.
  • 0: No meters are reset.
  • 1: The attacker's meter is reset.
  • 2: The defender's meter is reset.
  • 3: Both meters are reset.
The default is 3.

badcamper_damage_restart <iSeconds>
Specifies how many seconds after a player either gives or receives damage that the meter will restart.

The default is 4 seconds.

Note that camping is checked every 2 seconds so any value you put in here will effectively be rounded up as such.

badcamper_health <iHealthPoints>
Specifies how many points of health to remove from the player every 2 seconds once their meter reaches 100% if using the health reduction punishment. If the health reduction punishment is not being used, this CVAR has no effect.

The default is 10 health points.

badcamper_allow <iPlayerCount|iPlayerPercent%>
Specifies when a team that is being checked for camping is allowed to camp. A value of 0 doesn't allow a team to camp.

The default is 0.

The value can either be expressed as a straight count or as a percentage. If the value is being expressed as a percentage, "%" has to follow the value. Examples below. If the value is a count, players can camp when the number of living players on their team falls to this value or lower. If the value is a percentage, players can camp when the percentage of living players on their team is at this value or lower when compared to the living players on the other team.

Examples:

badcamper_allow 2
Pretty straight-forward. Once there are 2 or fewer players left alive on your team, you can camp.

badcamper_allow 40%
More powerful and complex. Once your team comprises of living players that is 40% or less than the number of living players on the other team, you can camp. For instance (assume your team is listed first) the following match-ups would allow your team to camp: 1v4, 2v5, 3v8, 4v12, 5v13, 6v15.

badcamper_min_players <iPlayers>
Specifies the minimum number of players that have to be connected to the server before players are allowed to camp.

The default is 0 players.

This CVAR affects both badcamper_check_all and badcamper_allow functionality.

badcamper_announce <announcementType>
Specifies how to announce to the opposite team that a player is camping.
  • 0: Make no announcement.
  • 1: Announce via chat.
  • 2: Announce via HUD.
  • 3: Announce via chat and HUD.
The default is 3 (chat and HUD).

Commands

badcamper list
Lists the punishments in the console and indicates which of them are active.

Installation Files

Brad 09-24-2005 20:30

4 Attachment(s)
Notes

Compatibility:

AMXX 1.8 or higher only.
  • CS
  • CS:CZ
  • DOD
  • TFC (untested)
Language Translations:

If you would like to translate the language file for a language not already translated or you want to fix a problem with a language that it translated incorrectly, please do so here: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=21674.

Change Log

[2008-07-21] v1.4.239
  • Compatible with AMXX 1.80 or higher only.
  • Fixed issue where the spectator meter would display in the spectated player's language rather than the spectator's language.
[2007-08-24] v1.4
  • Added CVAR to aid in debugging; allows meter to run when only one person is on server. Set badcamper_debug to 1 if using this.
  • Removed BugBlatter's "Monster Mod" support. Rationale being that players could crash your server by typing "meta list" in their console when using it.
  • All snarks are now killed at the end of each round, if using Snark punishment.
  • Fixed discrepancy between documentation and code. Changed "badcamper_announce" CVAR to default to 3, as per the documenation.
  • Fixed issue where HLTV was counting as a player, thus affecting when camping is checked.
  • The camp meter will now affect bots that camp. Oh, and if your bot camps, you need a new bot or better waypoint files.
  • Fixed discrepancy between documenation and code. Changed who can camp (based on objectives) when not on a map with a bomb site. Changed from everyone can to only Ts can.
[2007-APR-03] v1.3b
  • Fixed issue where screen would go sideways if health reduction punishment was used.
[2007-APR-02] v1.3a
  • Fixed dumb bug that kinda broke everything else.
    Note to self: Don't make changes right before releasing.
[2007-APR-02] v1.3
  • Compatible with AMXX 1.71 or higher only.
  • The 'csx', 'dodx', or 'tfcx' module has to be enabled, depending on what game mod you are running.
  • Added DoD (tested) and TFC (untested) mod support.
  • Made more code optimizations.
  • Defuser's meter will now be paused when bomb is being defused.
  • Planter's meter will be more accurately paused than in previous versions.
    Previous versions would pause the player's meter for the full time it would take to plant the bomb, even if they stopped planting in the meantime.
  • Altered method of specifying admin immunity from define to CVAR.
  • Replaced badcamper_immunity CVAR with badcamper_immunity_flags.
  • Fixed overlapping "so and so is now camping" messages.
  • Added option to allow spectators to see players' meters. Default is to show the meter.
  • Fixed meter not always obeying "based on objectives" team. (thanks sasdad and arkshine!)
  • Fixed issue with ATAC 3.x whereas the health reduction could cause a player to get TAs.
[2006-MAR-12] v1.2
  • Compatible with AMXX 1.70 or higher only.
  • The 'fakemeta' module needs to be enabled.
  • Fixed issue where round end cleanup would not be performed if the round was restarted as opposed to ending normally.
  • Auto-detects if you're using the supplied "Monster" metamod. If you are using a different version of "Monster", reverts to less fine control over snarks.
  • Removed need to recompile if using this plugin in a game mod other than Counter-Strike.
  • Removed need to recompile if using the "Snark Attack" punishment. Now, if you indicate to use "snark attack" as a punishment, but you don't have "Monster" installed, you'll get errors in your log files.
  • Disabled meter when there is only one person on the server. This is useful for when you want to sit on your server while waiting for others to join.
  • Implemented more accurate way of detecting if the map was a bomb map.
  • Optimized the code to use less CPU usage.
[2005-DEC-10] v1.1
  • Added "Snark attack" punishment. Requires "Monster Mod" to be installed.
  • Changed "Slap" punishment to increase in power as the meter gets higher. Note that when slapped, the player may actually get slapped far enough that it would lower the player's meter.
  • Added "badcamper_money" CVAR to specify what percentage of money to take away at 100% when using the "money reduction" punishment. Defaults to 10% as was the case before the option was introduced.
  • Added "badcamper_damage_reset" CVAR flag that specifies the meter(s) to reset when a player is attacked. Defaults to both attacker and defender having their meter reset as was the case before the option was introduced.
  • Replaced "snore" punishment with "sound" punishment. The type of sound can be defined by a new CVAR, "badcamper_sound". There are two types of sounds, "snore" (default value) and "heartbeat".
  • Fixed bug where if a player's meter was 100% and the blind punishment was being used, when the player attacked or was attacked by another, the blind player would stay blind instead of regaining vision immediately.
  • Added "badcamper list" command that lists available punishments and indicates which are currently active (active as per the badcamper_punish CVAR).
  • Added "badcamper_announce" CVAR flag to indicate how to announce that a player is camping and then when the player stops camping. Will announce the name of the camper at 90% and then again when the meter gets below 80%. Options are to print as chat, as a HUD message, both, or neither.
  • Fixed bug where the CVAR 'badcamper_allow' had no effect, thus if set to a value higher than 0 a team would still never be allowed to camp.
[2005-SEP-24] v1.0
  • Initial release.
Credits

Original design inspiration, many concepts, and code came from the great AntiCamping Advanced plugin originally written by SpaceDudes, rewritten by xHomicide, ported to AMXX by rex, and tweaked by [SWE] RaWDeaL.

Specific Features:
  • display meter after a specific percentage
  • check team with current primary objective
  • money reduction punishment
    • thanks to Isobold for the idea and initial code
  • allow camping when x players left alive on your team
  • admin immunity
  • allow the meter to start immediately
  • blind punishment
  • snark attack punishment
  • multiple sound options
  • meter reset options
  • camping announcement
Previous Versions (unsupported)

scriptyboy 09-24-2005 20:49

excelent plugin! +Karma

Puntje 09-25-2005 05:23

+ Karma for you!

I've waited so long till someone made something like this.
I'll <3 you forever!!

DerProfi 09-25-2005 08:26

What happens with following cvar on funmaps e.g. awp_, aim_, fy_:

badcamper_check_all 0

???

Phobos 09-25-2005 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad Jones
New Punishment:

I am considering ways to implement a chicken punishment (as it was requested by a few people) where at 100%, the player turns into a chicken.

1. Thank u for this plugin :D

2. Is it possible to force players to use knive when the campmeters reach 80 percent e.g., I want do this with the old anticamping but i'm a reaaly noob at this :oops:

Brad 09-25-2005 09:23

@DerProfi:
Quote:

The current primary objective is defined as follows:

* if the map is not a "de" map, the CTs have the primary objective
* if the map is a "de" map and the bomb hasn't been planted, the Ts have the primary objective
* if the map is a "de" map and the bomb has been planted, the CTs have the primary objective

As per that definition, the CTs would always have the primary objective on fun maps as they are not "de" maps.

I see your point though. It seems as if, on fun maps, both teams concurrently have the primary objective and thus, should both be checked for camping. Therefore, regardless of the badcamper_check_all setting, both teams should always be checked. Do you agree with this assessment?

I'm not overly familiar with fun maps. Are awp_, aim_, and fy_ the only ones?

@Phobos
I will consider the feasibility of this.

DerProfi 09-25-2005 09:37

Quote:

Do you agree with this assessment?
Yes, you're right.

But include/exclude this funmaps in your plugin makes no sense. Too many funmaps with different names, e.g.: cspaintball1, auffe_omme_v, aimtrain, oc_openbattle, phc_trainmap and many more....

Best solution for all, set "badcamper_check_all 1" or "badcamper_punish 0" in extra maps-configs for all your funmaps on server:

Example:
/amxmodx/configs/maps/fy_...cfg

OsQu 09-25-2005 10:38

Great Plugin! This is it, what i have been looking for a while! Ty

OsQu 09-25-2005 12:01

Great Plugin! This is it, what i have been looking for a while! Ty

v3x 09-25-2005 13:57

Nice, I like.

Shouldn't be hard to make a chicken punishment, just set his model and strip his weapons. I doubt you'd want to give him more speed/hp and less gravity because it IS a punishment after all. Anyways, good luck.

Brad 09-25-2005 14:28

v3x, it's not that it would be hard, it's that I'm not going to allow someone to turn into a chicken at 80%, only at 100%. What I need to do at 80% and 90% is slowly turn them into a chicken. That's what I'm considering. What to change at 80% and what to change at 90%. I'll need to do something so that the player is like, WTF?!?, before turning them into a chicken.

I'm thinking along the lines of changing the player's FOV at 80% and then something else at 90% (not quite sure yet; haven't put too much thought into it).

I agree with your point about ensuring it remains a *punishment*. That's something I need to take into account as well. :lol: I *like* being a chicken.

By the way, I'm glad you like it.

ToT | V!PER 10-01-2005 08:26

Would it be possible to use the "heartbeat" instead of the snore sound? Many players on our server said that snore isnt as good as the old classic heartbeat ;)

v3x 10-01-2005 08:53

Quote:

The default is 12 (snore and blind).

Actually, the default is 4 :wink:

Wyatt Earp 10-01-2005 09:42

Dear all!
I had an idea - but i do not know how to programm it:

I would like that for each player the actual campmeters are summed every 5seconds.
And at the end of the map or on leaving the server, a log_message is created:
For example: "Wyatt Earp STEAM_0:1:_4654546 campmeters: 400"

Is this possible to work - can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot guys
Wyatt Earp

Brad 10-01-2005 14:36

@ToT | V!PER
Your users don't have good tastes. :wink: I'll add an option to use the heartbeat sound instead of the snore sound in the next version.

@v3x:
I hate you. :| I mean, thanks for the head's up. The correct SMA is now there.

@Wyatt Earp:
Are you on crack? :? Why would you want such a thing?

[SWE] RaWDeaL 10-03-2005 12:39

Good Job Brad!

As You might have read in the ole anticamping-thread I intended to make a rewrite myself, but You have done a great job including all changes and streamlined the code nicely.

I have been holding back two ideas that I intended to include but now I can just make a wishlist :lol:

1. Add a funktion with cvar for acending punishment like:
80%= low snore
90%= loud snore
100%= loud snore + slap

2. Add cvar for hud message to all clients (pref. all clients of opposite team only) stating something like "%s is sleeping on the job, go wake him up!"

Try it if you like it.

Thx for cred btw :D

/RaW

Wyatt Earp 10-05-2005 07:49

Dear Brad!
Thanks your reply - but i can't understand your agression.

I'm not on crack -there is a great idea behind my question which you
obviously can't see.
On our Server there are stats calculated on each player.
I planed that also the camp factor is logged and our stats would be configured to calculate the camper rating too.

So please again - to every cool programmer:
I need the sourcecode: That every 5sec the campmeter of each player is summed and after leaving the server or a mapchange the sum of the campmeters is logged for each Steam_ID player on the map.

Thanks a lot to everyone
Wyatt

Brad 10-05-2005 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by [SWE
RaWDeaL]1. Add a funktion with cvar for acending punishment
2. Add cvar for hud message to all clients (pref. all clients of opposite team only) stating something like "%s is sleeping on the job, go wake him up!"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wyatt Earp
That every 5sec the campmeter of each player is summed and after leaving the server or a mapchange the sum of the campmeters is logged for each Steam_ID player on the map.

I will take all three of these ideas into consideration for the next version of this plugin.

In addition, I'll be looking at the following ideas (as previously indicated in this thread) for the next version:

Quote:

I am considering ways to implement a chicken punishment (as it was requested by a few people) where at 100%, the player turns into a chicken.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobos
Is it possible to force players to use knive when the campmeters reach 80 percent

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToT | V!PER
Would it be possible to use the "heartbeat" instead of the snore sound?

Guenhwyvar 10-07-2005 17:32

Nice, that this is kept developed.

Works good so far, except of one -for me most important- issue: if badcamper_allow is set to 1, the campmeter seems to be disabled. the last player doesnt get any punishments.
If I set badcamper_allow to 0, it works as it should.

Code:
badcamper_punish 14 badcamper_limit 6 badcamper_display 50 badcamper_check_all 1 badcamper_immunity 0 badcamper_start 2 badcamper_damage_restart 2 badcamper_health 10 badcamper_allow 1

Code:
22:33:45 Currently loaded plugins:          name               version  author            file             status             Admin Base         1.01     AMXX Dev Team     admin.amxx       running           Admin Commands     1.01     AMXX Dev Team     admincmd.amxx    running           Admin Help         1.01     AMXX Dev Team     adminhelp.amxx   running           Menus Front-End    1.01     AMXX Dev Team     menufront.amxx   running           Commands Menu      1.01     AMXX Dev Team     cmdmenu.amxx     running           Players Menu       1.01     AMXX Dev Team     plmenu.amxx      running           Maps Menu          1.01     AMXX Dev Team     mapsmenu.amxx    running           Std Admin Color C  1.1.1    Van der Cal       std_admin_color  running           Admin Chat         1.01     AMXX Dev Team     adminchat.amxx   running           Anti Flood         1.01     AMXX Dev Team     antiflood.amxx   running           Info. Messages     1.01     AMXX Dev Team     imessage.amxx    running           Admin Votes        1.01     AMXX Dev Team     adminvote.amxx   running           TimeLeft           1.01     AMXX Dev Team     timeleft.amxx    running           Stats Configurati  1.01     AMXX Dev Team     statscfg.amxx    running           Restrict Weapons   1.01     AMXX Dev Team     restmenu.amxx    running           StatsX             1.01     AMXX Dev Team     statsx.amxx      running           CS Misc. Stats     1.01     AMXX Dev Team     miscstats.amxx   running  22:33:45 CS Stats Logging   1.01     AMXX Dev Team     stats_logging.a  running           muha               1.0      Amxx rulez        loadingsound.am  running           Sank Sounds Plugi  1.3.5    Luke Sankey, Whi  sank_sounds.amx  running           Bad Camper         1.0      Brad Jones        bad_camper.amxx  running           Chat Responder     0.7      JGHG              chatresponder.a  running           HeadShot Master    0.2      Leichenklaus      hs_master.amxx   running           Grenade Control    1.1      Willyumyum & Rya  grenade_control  running           Play or Be Kicked  1.1      Brad Jones        pbk.amxx         running           FPM Script         3.0      Cult of the Dead  fpm.amxx         running           Check Shots        1.1      jsauce            check_shots.amx  running           Team Balancer      1.7b8    Ptahhotep         team_balancer.a  running           AMXX Public serve  1.20     Priski            public_rules.am  running           Advanced Tracers   0.1      <a href="mailto:[email protected]">-g-s-ivan@web.de</a>  advanced_tracer  running           30 plugins, 30 running

Windows server, amxx 1.01, mm 1.18.

Brad 10-07-2005 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by pl2003
Works good so far, except of one -for me most important- issue: if badcamper_allow is set to 1, the campmeter seems to be disabled. the last player doesnt get any punishments.
If I set badcamper_allow to 0, it works as it should.

If you set badcamper_allow to 1, that means when there is one player left on a team, that one player CAN camp. Exactly as you described. This is what you expected, isn't it?

Guenhwyvar 10-08-2005 06:50

Sorry I told it wrong.. ;)

No, what I meant was, that NOONE got any punishments. I had ~14 ppl on server and the campmeter looked like deactivated. I set badcamper_display to 1 (my standard was 50), but nothing was displayed on the hud, for noone (all the time speaking about 2+ living ppl on the tested team).

After setting badcamper_allow to 0, the campmeter got alive and worked as assumed. but with the value 1, nothing happens.

Curryking 10-08-2005 09:50

Another funny way to punish campers is anticamping_monster, posted in the german forum here. Have a look at sma in the 7th posting.

If the campmeter reach 100% the camper is beeing attackted by monsters from Half-Life (requires the Moster-Mod)

The most loved, but also the most hated plugin on our Server ;-) but over and over funny to see people who joint our server for the very first time now scaring, screeming and running away from those "Anticamping-Bugs or our pets" (like we call them *gg*) 'cause they tried camping :-D

Perhaps you can add this feature, think other people would love it also?

Cheers, Curry

Brad 10-08-2005 11:05

@pl2003:
I'll look into the problem you described.

@Curryking:
I'm intrigued. Two questions. First, can you give me the link to the Monster Mod? Second, can you give me the IP of a server that has the anticamping_monster thing running so I can see how it works?

Curryking 10-08-2005 11:13

Quote:

@Curryking:
I'm intrigued. Two questions. First, can you give me the link to the Monster Mod? Second, can you give me the IP of a server that has the anticamping_monster thing running so I can see how it works?

Monster-Mod: http://www.planethalflife.com/botman/monster.shtml

And if you want to test it, feel free to visit our server @ 85.10.193.233:27015 ;-)

Cheers, Curry

uF2k 10-08-2005 18:15

When someone is blinded, due to camping, how do I specifiy the leght of time after the player moves that sight/vision returns? If someone could give me the command to regulate this I'td be greatly appreciated! Or any further links on how to use this plugin!

Brad 10-08-2005 19:54

uF2k -- That's actually a bug that I just learned about. I'm looking into it and should have it fixed in the next release. They are supposed to immediately become unblinded as soon as they are shot or they shoot another player. They are partially unblinded (reverse of how they were blinded in the first place) as their camp meter goes down, assuming the player doesn't shoot or get shot by another player.

Elimination 10-13-2005 13:30

Hey brad, thanks for this great plugin.

I miss one feature... For my scoutzknivez server I even hate shooting campers, so my question affects

Badcamper_damage_restart

Isn't it possible to have a zero option that the counter continues even if they shoot or get shot...?

Would be very cool!

Brad 10-13-2005 14:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elimination
Isn't it possible to have a zero option that the counter continues even if they shoot or get shot...?

You can get pretty close to this now. The minimum value for badcamper_damage_restart is 0.1. Anything less is rounded up. 0.1 seconds is 1/10th of a second. Close enough to 0, yes?

Guenhwyvar 10-13-2005 15:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad
Quote:

You can get pretty close to this now. The minimum value for badcamper_damage_restart is 0.1. Anything less is rounded up. 0.1 seconds is 1/10th of a second. Close enough to 0, yes?

What you mean with now? Is there a new 'fixed' version or is it enough to just change the cvar?

Do you got time to check the badcamper_allow 1 bug?

Brad 10-13-2005 15:38

Quote:

What you mean with now? Is there a new 'fixed' version or is it enough to just change the cvar?

You can just change the CVAR.

Quote:

Do you got time to check the badcamper_allow 1 bug?

No I haven't. It's still high on my list of things to do though.

Elimination 10-13-2005 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad
Quote:

Either I don't understand the function of that Cvar well, or I explained you the wrong way.

First my interpretation of the Cvar: The camper timer goes to 0% as soon as "the camper" is beeing shot or shoots himself. The timer will restart after X seconds.

Now what I meant is that the timer shouldn't reset to 0% if "the camper" is beeing shot or shoots himself. Because on the scoutzknivez map there are numerous people camping to get the best shots, well... Then the camperscript is still not very effective ;-)

So what I'd like to see is that the timer continues no matter what dmg the camper takes or caused.

Brad 10-13-2005 21:21

I'm sorry. It was my fault. You explained it correctly, I just read it wrong. Also, your understanding of that CVAR is 100% correct.

In the current version there is no way to keep the meter going if you get injured by another player. I will add an option to allow that in the next version.

Elimination 10-13-2005 23:08

To be honest, my experience says its possible, strange enough... need details about config?

Brad 10-13-2005 23:23

Are you saying that in the current version you CAN keep the meter running if a player is attacked? If so, I really don't see how it's possible based on how the code is structured. Before you share your config, test your hypothesis again to verify. Then share your config.

Brad 10-15-2005 15:40

New poll. Poll regarding implementation of new feature requests has been created. You can find it here.

DaSilva 10-15-2005 21:09

I want to slap & snore so i have chosen mode 5 but it only slaps, not snores!
whats wrong?
and how can i create a cfg with variables listed on the first page which is always executed at start?
very boring to edit those variables in the sma file and recompoile it...

Brad 10-15-2005 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaSilva
I want to slap & snore so i have chosen mode 5 but it only slaps, not snores!

Check out the following section in the SMA:
Code:

/*--------------------------------------------------------
COMPILER OPTIONS
--------------------------------------------------------*/
//--------------------------------------------------------
// The 'money reduction' punishment needs the CSTRIKE mod
// to work. Comment if you are not running a CSTRIKE mod.
#define CSTRIKE
// The 'snore' sound file will be precached on the
// client's computer if this punishment is allowed.
// Comment if you do not wish to use the snore punishment
// and you don't want the file to be downloaded to the
// client's computer.
#define SNORE
// Set the flag that indicates if a player has immunity
// when standing completely still and immunity is allowed.
#define IMMUNITY ADMIN_IMMUNITY

Did you comment out #define SNORE ? If so, that'd be the reason you don't hear anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaSilva
and how can i create a cfg with variables listed on the first page which is always executed at start?

I don't recommend changing them in the SMA and recompiling. I personally put CVARs for most plugins at the end of my .\configs\amxx.cfg file. If you want to place them in their own file, and have it executed at the start of each map, you can place them in a text file, save the file in your mod (i.e. cstrike) directory, and then in amxx.cfg, add the following line:
Code:

exec yourFile.cfg

DaSilva 10-16-2005 06:53

OMG iam an idiot: english is not my mother language and after testing this plugin with default values i thought that snore is this flashing light and blind is completely black.
i only want this flashing light from the blind function but without being completely blind on 100%
is this possible?

Brad 10-16-2005 22:27

No, it's not possible in the current plugin's feature set. However, if you'd like to alter some code, it could be done (though not supported by me).

In the player_blind function...

Delete...
Code:
new iDuration = (fPunishPercentage == 1.0) ? FADE_LENGTH_PERM : 1<<12 new iHoldTime = (fPunishPercentage == 1.0) ? FADE_LENGTH_PERM : 1<<8 new iFadeType = (fPunishPercentage == 1.0) ? FADE_HOLD : FADE_IN

Replace...
Code:
write_short(iDuration) // fade lasts this long duration write_short(iHoldTime) // fade lasts this long hold time write_short(iFadeType) // fade type
With...
Code:
write_short(1<<12) // fade lasts this long duration write_short(1<<8) // fade lasts this long hold time write_short(FADE_IN) // fade type