AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Trash (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Report a cheater, vote, ban. (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=43874)

PauliusBa 08-25-2006 19:36

Report a cheater, vote, ban.

It would be VERY great if there would be a plugin which let's regular non-admin players to report a cheater and ban it without any admins (and timeouts)

My idea:

There is a cheater or a suspicious player. Anyone can say /cheater/hack/reporthack...etc and that brings up a menu of players

Choose a player to report
1. Player a
2. Player b
8. Report
9. Next page
0. Exit

then

Choose a reason
1. WH
2. AIM+WH
3. AIM+WH+SPEED
4. VERY UNFAIR
0. Exit

When a selection is made then that kind of menu would pop up:

Are you sure?
If voting will be positive, player will be banned for X minutes
If voting will be negative, you will be banned fo Y minutes
Are you sure?
1. Yes
2. No

then

Start voting?
1. Start voting
2. Exit

Then every player except reported one would get this menu:

Player [reporter] thinks, that [reported] is [reason].
Do you agree and think that [reported] should be banned for X minutes?
1. Yes
2. No
3. I am not sure

If voting is positive, then [reported] will be banned for X minutes.
If voting is negative, then [reporter] will be banned for Y minutes.

CVARS:
reporthack_banreported X (default 60) - ammount for which reported player should be banned - about an hour is okay since there is a possibility, that [reported] isn't actually hacking.. and if is, to give a possibility to turn shit off and play fairly

reporthack_banreporter Y (default 10) - ammount for which reporter should be banned if voting is negative; 0-disabled - to prevent faking

reporthack_votesneeded %% (default 80) - how many people in % have to vote positively for voting to succeed (not counting ones that choose "I am not sure") - this has to be strict

reporthack_delaybetween ss (default 120) - delay in seconds betwen reports - to prevent flooding

reporthack_reason string (default "You have been voted out as a cheater") - ban reason [reported] gets - to let him know

reporthack_bantype z (default 0) - ban type: 0 - steam id, 1 - IP, 2,3..other) <--- THIS ONE IS NEEDED, SINCE THERE IS A DEMAND FOR IP BANS

All cvars could be stored in a file "reporthack.cfg" and admins with "ADMIN_CFG" permission could change them via console...

So, what do you think about that kind of plugin? I think, if it would be done exactly that way, it would be awesome and extremely usefull.
:idea: :P

SweatyBanana 08-26-2006 11:00

Re: Report a cheater, vote, ban.

Quit posting a poll on every single thread you make.

PS: bumping threads is not allowed.

sleeperzzz 08-26-2006 13:27

besides not a very good idea....abuse alot so you wouldn't even know if its true or not.

Lol

ZooYork 08-26-2006 13:54

This would be good for my server.. if theres a menu where u can report... when admin comes online its reminds to look reports or something.. just report menu..

10Stars 08-26-2006 14:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweatyBanana (Post 373309)
Quit posting a poll on every single thread you make.

PS: bumping threads is not allowed.

:D

PauliusBa 08-26-2006 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by sleeperzzz (Post 373384)
besides not a very good idea....abuse alot so you wouldn't even know if its true or not.

Lol

That's why 80% or so people has to vore positively for voting to succeed. And reporter can get banned for short ammound of time too if he is wrong.

PauliusBa 08-26-2006 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZooYork (Post 373400)
This would be good for my server.. if theres a menu where u can report... when admin comes online its reminds to look reports or something.. :/

There already are that kind of plugins (use search).

The point of 'this plugin' is to prevent hopeless situations when there're no admins and there's a cheater or few (plugin could only be active when there're no admins with ADMIN_BAN permission) - to do everything (get rid of unfair player) on the fly and fast - to keep the server full and to keep everyone's mood unruined.
If there's an obvious cheater, 80% of players will vote positively for sure. Though if it is only a suspect, there will be more than 20% who will not vote positively. And since there would be banning for short ammounts of time (f.e. 5-10mins) if your report isn't aproved, the possibility of abusing get's even smaller. There would be a delay betwen reports too (i think that it is not needed, though)...

ZooYork 08-26-2006 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by PauliusBa (Post 373535)
There already are that kind of plugins (use search).

The point of 'this plugin' is to prevent hopeless situations when there're no admins and there's a cheater or few (plugin could only be active when there're no admins with ADMIN_BAN permission) - to do everything (get rid of unfair player) on the fly and fast - to keep the server full and to keep everyone's mood unruined.
If there's an obvious cheater, 80% of players will vote positively for sure. Though if it is only a suspect, there will be more than 20% who will not vote positively. And since there would be banning for short ammounts of time (f.e. 5-10mins) if your report isn't aproved, the possibility of abusing get's even smaller. There would be a delay betwen reports too (i think that it is not needed, though)...

If u would be right it would be cool..

NoobInAmxx 08-26-2006 21:47

And ur karma can tell us all..

PauliusBa 08-27-2006 05:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoobInAmxx (Post 373572)
And ur karma can tell us all..

What's wrong with you people? Why are you so angry? It's your own fault that you live ****ing cyber and have no life. What carma! I don't care! You think that idiots' opinion about me is very interesting? It's based on the herd instinct (the wrong one). And when i see comments such as "OMG NOOB" or "WHEN YOU CODE LIKE A N00B YOU WILL BE PWNED LIKE A N00B", it says it all :wink:. Absolutely no tolerance, just "pwners", right? I thought that normal people were wrong about that "guru" modders community. But they weren't - you do really act as "guru pwners" :?... All you can do is spam and flame and have no respect for others and, most importantly, for yourselves. IIt's just disgusting.