AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Approved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Parachute 1.3 (KRoTaL) (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=49694)

yaya 03-15-2007 08:08

Re: Parachute 1.3 (KRoTaL)

I test your plugins, but the problem is always present

solid23 03-29-2007 02:21

is there a bind i have to do,,because its install correctly but i had another plugin bound to e,, can someone help please

Arkshine 03-29-2007 04:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by vittu (Post 451621)
Well it should not effect his speed at all something else might be causing that (and he should just be able to change weapons to get his speed back). And as I said above I could just check the users gravity before setting it for the parachute. And reset it back to the checked gravity after the player is done parachuting, though in doing this could present possible exploits (ie. map sets gravity, use parachute keep newly set gravity until death)

I did take a look in wc3 and gravity is only set on spawn for undead, but the item that you can buy gets set when you buy it (and new spawn if you didn't die), so that could be a problem as well.

Though seeing as he wants it that way I could make it so it does what I said and it should fix his problem for the most part. It's not hard to change, but let me find some free time to do it in while I'm not working on an sh update. I will edit this post and post it here so as not to create a new post for it.

----------------
Edit: Ok try this and see if it helps, it checks/saves your gravity whenever you use the parachute... (also added a check against using parachute in water in this one) Untested but should be fine.

No need to check/save velocity too ?

vittu 03-29-2007 06:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by arkshine (Post 458254)
No need to check/save velocity too ?

I don't see how that would be an issue? (unless you know a reason). velocity doesn't effect a clients maxspeed, I mean when your not setting a velocity it will go to norm or whatever it was set at.

Granted I didn't test that one modified for war3ft useage, but it should work. Only other thing i could think of is to try and call the war3ft gravity func with a createforward with a small edit to war3ft (since it can't be used by include)...

Quote:

Originally Posted by solid23 (Post 458237)
is there a bind i have to do,,because its install correctly but i had another plugin bound to e,, can someone help please

what plugin and whats wrong with "use" key?

Arkshine 03-29-2007 08:07

@Vittu:

yaya said to me on a french forum that your modification didn't work. So I decided to check myself, and after some test, it works perfectly. ;)

vittu 03-29-2007 21:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by arkshine (Post 458288)
@Vittu:

yaya said to me on a french forum that your modification didn't work. So I decided to check myself, and after some test, it works perfectly. ;)

heh, I appreciate the test but then got no clue what his problem is.

FR0NTLINE 04-18-2007 00:33

Yo What do i got to do or edit, the sma file to let everyone just have a free parachute 24/7?

vittu 04-18-2007 00:42

Please read thread it's only 2 pages: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...168#post426168

FR0NTLINE 04-18-2007 03:24

My bad vittu I could of sworn I read all this shit. Good Lookin Out though bud. Thanks.

So this will work in the sma or do i have to put in cvar.
sv_parachute "1" - 0: disables the plugin - 1: enables the plugin

parachute_cost "0" - cost of the parachute (CStrike ONLY)

parachute_payback "75" - how many percent of the parachute cost you get when you sell your parachute
(ie. (75/100) * 1000 = 750$)

parachute_fallspeed "100" - speed of the fall when you use the parachute

`666 04-18-2007 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by vittu (Post 426168)
Set parachute_cost to 0 and gives free each spawn. (no need for an extra cvar to give it for free)

Also, admins with correct access level get it free each spawn aswell (though I think this should be optional as well):
#define PARACHUTE_LEVEL ADMIN_LEVEL_A

What level for normal player?